BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

In my opinion, we need a form of protest at every game- not just Wolves.

Theres plenty of ideas for protests - it needs some co-ordination to have a mechanism for these to be put forward, debated, and agreed upon. Maybe thats a twitter poll, a poll on here etc, but someone needs to organise it.

I think a protest every home game is fine up to a point, but a lot of fans still want to just go and watch a football match. You have to respect that.

We don't want to do anything that has a negative effect on the team or the manager, it's not their fault we have terrible owners.

You have to really think about what you are going to Ewood Park for. My view is to try to influence things behind the scenes, but it's just one view.

Hi Neil... Will anybody be getting in touch with me, as promised at the meeting, regarding the venkysout.com website?

Hi Madon, should be doing so, but you can PM me your email address and I'll make sure someone does.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will there be protests arranged or organised for boycotting fans who will not under any circumstances enter the ground?

There is four supporter groups pooling their resources for one common goal of getting Venky's out of the club. The individual groups haven't folded or merged into one as such. Each group will continue it's work on behalf of it's members, alongside working with each other.

RE: people calling for protests I personally have not stopped, as with most protest ideas they are very much dependant on numbers.

I have stated many times on differing forums the boycotting fans have a big roll to play.

I think a protest every home game is fine up to a point, but a lot of fans still want to just go and watch a football match. You have to respect that.

We don't want to do anything that has a negative effect on the team or the manager, it's not their fault we have terrible owners.

You have to really think about what you are going to Ewood Park for. My view is to try to influence things behind the scenes, but it's just one view.

Hi Madon, should be doing so, but you can PM me your email address and I'll make sure someone does.

Depends entirely on what the protest is for those games- if we fall into the trap of just having a protest vs Wolves - then the impetus will be lost, and the Wolves game can be written off by Cheston et al as a one-off because results are poor.

Nothing wrong with an absolute minimum of anti Venky banners and songs on 18 & 75 minutes. Fail to see how that would affect the team.

Neil, can you please answer the question with regard to the Sportskeeda article yesterday in India?

It is the most comprehensive report yet, but no-one from the supporters' groups has retweeted it.

Why not?

Can you retweet it to the new http://www.twitter.com/WeAreRovers1875 account and we'll get on it.

If you spot something you think should be done, then please take it upon yourself to bring it up on Twitter with us.

We are not going to be able to do everything.

We need to protest at every game against the owners not just selected ones. We need to keep the pressure on and not give in till we achieve our goal.

Depends entirely on what the protest is for those games- if we fall into the trap of just having a protest vs Wolves - then the impetus will be lost, and the Wolves game can be written off by Cheston et al as a one-off because results are poor.

Nothing wrong with an absolute minimum of anti Venky banners and songs on 18 & 75 minutes. Fail to see how that would affect the team.

Well personally I would have four banners made to drape over the existing stand names - one for each of our beloved owners. Show how much we love them. It's a North Korea thing....

Since I keep getting ignored on this subject...

Have I not answered that one now?

There is four supporter groups pooling their resources for one common goal of getting Venky's out of the club. The individual groups haven't folded or merged into one as such. Each group will continue it's work on behalf of it's members, alongside working with each other.

RE: people calling for protests I personally have not stopped, as with most protest ideas they are very much dependant on numbers.

I have stated many times on differing forums the boycotting fans have a big roll to play.

I'm not sure if that answers my question. Boycotters do have a big role to play given that we are potentially the biggest group. My fear is that the protests will all be arranged for inside the stadium and preclude anybody principled enough to stick with their decision.

Well personally I would have four banners made to drape over the existing stand names - one for each of our beloved owners. Show how much we love them. It's a North Korea thing....

Have I not answered that one now?

Yes we posted at the same time.

But no offense, I find it a bit peculiar that not one of the groups spotted an article that everyone of the rovers fans on twitter is talking about...

I have given this plenty of thought this week , unless someone can think of a way of stopping the game or getting it abandonend ,all the protests will fall on deaf ears ....

It's tempting isn't it?

But, I think we the fans will get hammered by the media if that happens.

If the owners actually attended matches we'd have someone to shout at, but as it is, you can't really get worked up about Mike Cheston can you?

Yes we posted at the same time.

But no offense, I find it a bit peculiar that not one of the groups spotted an article that everyone of the rovers fans on twitter is talking about...

Would you like to help us on the social media front? We can always use more help! PM me your details.

I'm not sure if that answers my question. Boycotters do have a big role to play given that we are potentially the biggest group. My fear is that the protests will all be arranged for inside the stadium and preclude anybody principled enough to stick with their decision.

Then we may need a protest outside the ground, but it bother me that we are probably talking to ourselves. The owners won't know and won't care.

Possibly more effective is the ever decreasing low gates. It suggests apathy and terminal decline, but we know different.

Look at Portsmouth - huge gates in the 4th division.

I just posted this in another thread. I don't know what Neil or anyone else thinks but here goes...

If we are thinking that the main route to Vexit is getting noticed in the Indian media.... how about thousands of posters/ flyers/ banners appealing directly to India?

S.O.S INDIA - VENKY'S OUT or something to that effect?

Now that would get their attention.

I strongly believe that protests have to be very eye-catching or unique to have any big media attention. The 18/75 is good in theory but we don't have enough fans left for it to make much of an impact.

Would you like to help us on the social media front? We can always use more help! PM me your details.

Then we may need a protest outside the ground, but it bother me that we are probably talking to ourselves. The owners won't know and won't care.

Possibly more effective is the ever decreasing low gates. It suggests apathy and terminal decline, but we know different.

Look at Portsmouth - huge gates in the 4th division.

Done

Fine, but that's down to you as much as us. Come up with the every game protest and, if people agree, it'll get done and you'll have our support.

Well the plans are just being made for the wolves game, why can't we start 1875 walkout, banners and chants etc now

Hi Neil. Thank you for the considered replies thus far. Just one pertinent question from me; Does anybody under this new umbrella have a direct route to dialogue with our current owners?

I presume you're not addressing this as you think it's a thinly veiled reference to Glen, and you are steadfastly ignoring questions about him. Which whilst I don't agree with, I understand. It isn't. I'm genuinely interested, as I think this is the golden ticket.

Sorry arbitro, to be clearer up my answer, Boycotting fans are a large group and as I said protests are largely dependant on numbers and if a idea comes up that is legal and doable for the boycotting fans, I would have no hesitation missing that game and joining you all.

Sorry but you have not answered the question. Are you saying that nobody from the groups has seen the article or you simply don't know? Or they have decided not to retweet?

Archived