BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Backroom

Quick question to anyone a part of W.A.R.

Do you intend on creating a new website? I ask as I saw a link on your Twitter page to a website that isn't yet active.

We don't want to be directing potential audience to two different websites to issue the same messages, surely?

www.venkysout.com

www.wearerovers.co.uk

Cheers.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Genuine question.

If an idea is put forward for a protest at a game that has no safety, legal etc concerns - who decides if it is backed by WAR, and can 1 of the 4 parties veto the decision. Is it a majority decision, does it go to a on-line poll etc?

I'm still no wiser as to why BRFCS was included as one of the four groups (when they weren't on the 'top table' last week) and who is representing this site.

Good point.

Although there are strong feelings on here, there has been no recent poll about joining any protest group or on any involvement in protests at all. BRFCS has usually remained more M.O.R. than W.A.R.

I guess that BRFCS does not see itself as requiring a mandate from its members regarding joining W.A.R. or how its members would be selected. But then again neither did the Trust.

All that said, it's good that we are part of it but I'd feel better as a member of this site and the Trust (although currently wavering and needing to be convinced) if the group was made up of everyone who has the commitment to offer. Especially someone with the knowledge that Glen does. They both need locking in a room to thrash this out. Any bad blood needs letting for the sake of the club.

We Are Rovers. All of us.

Do you intend on creating a new website? I ask as I saw a link on your Twitter page to a website that isn't yet active.

We don't want to be directing potential audience to two different websites to issue the same messages, surely?

www.venkysout.com

www.wearerovers.co.uk

Cheers.

Madon

Don't even think about easing off on venkysout.com and waiting to see what WAR does or doesn't do.

What you've done on your own with the website, together with the get rid for two quid campaign has been inspiring.

Keep it up mate, you've shown that a single person with some initiative, backed up by the Rovers fans, can make things happen.

Madon

Don't even think about easing off on venkysout.com and waiting to see what WAR does or doesn't do.

What you've done on your own with the website, together with the get rid for two quid campaign has been inspiring.

Keep it up mate, you've shown that a single person with some initiative, backed up by the Rovers fans, can make things happen.

Seconded

As for WAR if they continue to seemingly exclude the involvement of certain fans then I cannot support it.

If it becomes an inclusive organisation and forum for uniting the entire fanbase then it will have my full support.

Myself, Glen and PrestonBlue are meeting this week to go through our plans for the proposed trip to Pune next month, if it goes ahead then I am sure we will feedback our findings to everyone.

An honest answer yes..... Mark raised the idea of an open floor unity meeting to me some time ago, did the documents raise interest? I have no doubt it did.

Fans groups united, and I hope all fans are united in the need to see The raos out.

Question Paul, known you long enough.

Did you vote on a non elected task force team?

As when we met in the weeks leading up to the meeting before any entity was spoken to , I was very much involved and also put across the concerns this could not be seen as a plug meeting for groups, but an open call for supporters to unite under a united voice . You Mark and Andy agreed this.

A week later the trust etc get involved and it all gets changed.

Whilst the Trust claim no one knew about Octobers Pune Trip , despite me personally inviting Mark weeks ago.

Can you clear this up as for some reason , im being ignored on other platforms , from people i would gladly walk to the other side of the world for

• Backroom

Madon

I've no intention of stopping doing what I'm doing at all.

It would however be a slight kick in the teeth if after promises from various people that they would get in touch about moving forward with venkysout.com that they then go and do their own thing whilst trying to send out the same messages and attract the same audience.

W.A.R. Is not a supporters group, it is a banner under which up to this point 4 groups have come together to encourage a pooling of resources towards a common goal. We hope and expect many more groups to officially support the initiative.

As it is not a group per se, and not intended to be one, there is nothing to be elected to. I tried to explain this to Mr. Mullan in the hour long phone call he refers to above. I also made it very clear that I personally believe he is interpreting the democratically elected Rover Trust Board's decision to politely decline him a co-opted position on said Board with a rejection of accepting his help in the W.A.R. initiative. This never occurred, and I asked him why he felt that way, to which he replied, "Why don't we have a vote for leadership then?" I didn't know how to respond because I couldn't understand the logical jump being made to make that a response that would follow from my question.

Since Mr. Mullan first resigned his position as chairman of BRFCAG of his own free will, and then later down the line declined an offer of a co-opted Board position of his own design with Rovers Trust when a new secretary was voted in, again of his own free will, he has since no longer been active or a representative of any supporters group or organisation.

What he suggests is that a vote be taken so he can be on a board of some kind, heading up or being part of the leadership of an organisation of some kind. That is not what W.A.R. is. Of course he is welcome to provide ideas and input, as well as volunteer time and effort to help out on activities that are pursued, as are each and every one of you.

Like Blackburn Ender wrote, ideas that the individual groups think are great will be followed up upon, the individual organisations will continue to operate as they have always done, now offering each other a pooling of resources, utilising their unique strengths and focuses to move forward together towards a singular goal.

Naturally each supporters group or entity that wants to join under this common banner is going to want to have a primary contact to collaborate with others - but it isn't a Board or Official Committee. It's an informal group of main contacts so we can all communicate with each other and decide how to best act on the ideas we think are great.

W.A.R. Does not claim to represent every supporter, it only claims to be an intitiative to achieve a singular goal. Get Venky's out of our club.

It's late here in Sweden. I hope I've been able to answer some questions Neil and Mark A. didn't address or get to, and that I've been able to explain a bit of the concept of how the 4 groups see W.A.R.

I bid you all a good night! #WeAreRovers #VenkysOut

Less political BS, more Mullan please. He has done more than the lot of you combined.

Thank you and goodnight.

Genuine question.

If an idea is put forward for a protest at a game that has no safety, legal etc concerns - who decides if it is backed by WAR, and can 1 of the 4 parties veto the decision. Is it a majority decision, does it go to a on-line poll etc?

Protest ideas will be discussed, and most likely coordinated mainly by BRFCAG, Ewood Blues etc. The corporate campaign will be mainly coordinated by the Rovers Trust.

The aim is to pool resources and work to each others strengths in a united front against Venkys, hopefully something that most fans can back.

Protest ideas will be discussed, and most likely coordinated mainly by BRFCAG, Ewood Blues etc. The corporate campaign will be mainly coordinated by the Rovers Trust.

The aim is to pool resources and work to each others strengths in a united front against Venkys, hopefully something that most fans can back.

So can 1 of the 4 groups veto a 'WAR' protest?

www.venkysout.com

www.wearerovers.co.uk

Cheers.

Massive thanks for pointing this out. I'll get that fixed.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

There is always room for spontaneous and maverick protest actions...I'm sure WAR wouldn't want to preclude these nor could they control them.

Who's up for self-immolation in the centre circle at the Wolves game?

You need one of those ISIS chaps for that

For those asking Ste is representing BRFCS.

I just don't get why this site is listed as being included. There was no mention of BRFCS at all last Thursday or in the run up to today's announcement.

This site is a platform for people to air their views. If people don't want to protest or, God forbid, want Venkys to stay for fear of the alternative, then their views are allowed to be aired. People are often reprimanded for aggressively shouting down those members who have posted such views. Therefore how can someone be in this new group (whose objective is VenkysOut) under the banner of this site which is tolerant of posters with alternative views.

I've read Ste's posts on here for years and he's a very straightforward honest poster who never gets involved in the mud slinging or cliques that can happen on here so this isn't meant to be personal. However I don't understand how this site or Ste has suddenly found a way to become part of this new group?

(I'm not saying it's a bad thing necessarily btw)

Anyway , moving on the end result is 4 groups are talking in same room and have sorted their differences which is progress for them.

In terms of fight for club. Its actually easier for me to do nothing, there is no reward for doing all this. What I do , I do for the love of our club, if people want to think differently to that, then thats ok.

I think we can draw a line under this now,as its taught me all I needed to know.

Good luck with the WEAREROVERS

Question Paul, known you long enough.

As when we met in the weeks leading up to the meeting before any entity was spoken to , I was very much involved and also put across the concerns this could not be seen as a plug meeting for groups, but an open call for supporters to unite under a united voice . You Mark and Andy agreed this.

A week later the trust etc get involved and it all gets changed.

Whilst the Trust claim no one knew about Octobers Pune Trip , despite me personally inviting Mark weeks ago.

Can you clear this up as for some reason , im being ignored on other platforms , from people i would gladly walk to the other side of the world for

Honest answers as you would expect:

No, we planned the open floor / unity meeting, asked our members if we should back the Trust (93% yes) we then agreed that the different groups could work together on certain ideas.

​I / We was adamant the open floor shouldn't be a marketing event for any group, hope it didn't seem that way. It was never in my mind to see another group form and it hasn't just there are some things we can work together on and all agree on Venkys Out. For me the Trust changing from wanting to work with Venkys to calling them out was pivotal.

I can't say if Trust knew or not tbh although I know you did discuss your plans to go and invited Mark.

I also know Mark is replying to you via email

So can 1 of the 4 groups veto a 'WAR' protest?

I'd say any of the four groups involved can veto any idea being used under the W.A.R. name to claim otherwise would suggest one group holds power over the others. That said I'm sure protests will happen spontaneously and these are often the biggest hitters from memory.

All about getting fans singing from the same hymn sheet and going after the real target here which is Venkys.

This was all from the spirit of last thursdays meeting, although we couldnt allow one popular poster back despite how he came over.

It is still planned to get more involved from here, but this was sbout getting a steering group and a structure in place to take things forward.

In all honesty I probably shouldn't have stepped up for a number of reasons, but sometimes circumstances dictate things.

Honest answers as you would expect:Did you vote on a non elected task force team?

No, we planned the open floor / unity meeting, asked our members if we should back the Trust (93% yes) we then agreed that the different groups could work together on certain ideas.As when we met in the weeks leading up to the meeting before any entity was spoken to , I was very much involved and also put across the concerns this could not be seen as a plug meeting for groups, but an open call for supporters to unite under a united voice . You Mark and Andy agreed this.​I / We was adamant the open floor shouldn't be a marketing event for any group, hope it didn't seem that way. It was never in my mind to see another group form and it hasn't just there are some things we can work together on and all agree on Venkys Out. For me the Trust changing from wanting to work with Venkys to calling them out was pivotal.

I can't say if Trust knew or not tbh although I know you did discuss your plans to go and invited Mark.

I also know Mark is replying to you via email

I'd say any of the four groups involved can veto any idea being used under the W.A.R. name to claim otherwise would suggest one group holds power over the others. That said I'm sure protests will happen spontaneously and these are often the biggest hitters from memory.

Thanks Paul, I knew you guys were the same guys as 5 years ago and always here for you

All about getting fans singing from the same hymn sheet and going after the real target here which is Venkys.

This was all from the spirit of last thursdays meeting, although we couldnt allow one popular poster back despite how he came over.

It is still planned to get more involved from here, but this was sbout getting a steering group and a structure in place to take things forward.

In all honesty I probably shouldn't have stepped up for a number of reasons, but sometimes circumstances dictate things.

Oh Lord, the return of 'Said Poster'...

So you voted no?

I think we all talk same Language on same hymnn sheet, but its important people listen to the fans, ignoring people just turns them off.

Hence why this should not be group lead but supporter lead. I.e you are Ste , Not Ste representing BRFCS , whilst its panel should be supporter elected. I know more than most what flack a self elected voice gets, as i got loads prior to forming action group.

The negativity from certain people was on their twitter feeds before i even got home. Meaning no one was actually listened to

Archived