BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

Not impressed - we need a steering committee that has a mandate. Four unelected groups....no way, I'm a lawyer, so what? Put the candidates up for election, clear ambitions, all the fan base can vote for, not just this board. I know loads of lapsed fans who have no idea of this board or what is going on.

I'm out.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Glen asked to re-join The Trust board, an offer which was declined. He is more than welcome to assist WAR, as is anybody.

So I assume this was the reply to him? You cannot rejoin the trust but will be allowed to be involved in the new WAR group?

Hopefully Glen will clarify this soon.

Glen asked to re-join The Trust board, an offer which was declined. He is more than welcome to assist WAR, as is anybody.

Ozz this is not true, A request to rejoin trust was made as was an offer to join panel, offer was made to both trust representatives and Action group,this included a one hour call to Sweden and Dan Grabko, it was also made publically. On all accounts bar the AG as fish not got back to me , I was refused .

Ozz this is not true, A request to rejoin trust was made as was an offer to join panel, offer was made to both trust representatives and Action group,this included a one hour call to Sweden and Dan Grabko, it was also made publically. On all accounts bar the AG as fish not got back to me , I was refused .

We are no nearer to any consensus, I have every sympathy Glen - I'm still waiting for the powers that be (the four groups) informing me why they are better placed to end the Venkys reign than you or I?

We can always use more help!

Sounds a little hollow, sadly.

Great that you've got Simon Garner on board. Great shame that you can't see a role for Glen. You can see how this is going to play out... Glen will now create a fifth fan group, which will initially be ignored. It will grow and start to have an impact, potentially treading on toes and being blamed for creating a split, and then the 'We Are Rovers' group will deliberate about the pros and cons of bringing this new group into the fold.

What a waste of time and effort - as well as a missed opportunity - for all concerned. Instead of being a united group from the outset, it will create a clear divide in the fanbase (both groups blaming each other, and fighting for the moral high ground) INSTEAD of everyone fighting for the club together.

The We Are Rovers umbrella group is formed from Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, Ewood Blues and BRFCC website. Currently Glen is not involved in the organisation of any of these groups , hence not yet part of the We Are Rovers group. As you will see from the opening post, anyone wishing to contribute and become involved with this is more than welcome to come forward and offer their assistance.

I'm confused, Ozz. Is Glen welcome to join the 'We Are Rovers' team or not?

We are no nearer to any consensus, I have every sympathy Glen - I'm still waiting for the powers that be (the four groups) informing me why they are better placed to end the Venkys reign than you or I?

I can answer that,

They are not,

It is the fans coming together and leathering them in India that will get the result

Just got to this one.

Glen, I really hope you can come to some kind of compromise. Your energy and passion is a key ingredient to this.

Support the WAR effort.

The press release states that this site is one of the 4 groups. Could I respectfully ask what the view of the representatives of this site is regarding Glen's involvement?

It's a fact that some seem keen to avoid, but this new umbrella formation will never achieve full unity with our fan-base, without some form of assistance from the important Glen Mullan. And by determining his exclusion, by what amounts to a kangaroo court, certainly doesn't help.

I can`t speak for the AG Glen.

I hope this doesn't all get derailed by this People's Front of Judea stuff. To ignore the 1 person who has got the most attention for the cause, at considerable personal cost, seems crazy to me. Smells of small townishness which I hope isn't the case.

Going off the #VenkysOut campaign and hits on www.venkysout.com

a big NO

This board represents what proportion of our fan base? Yoda, I don't think I've ever disagreed with you.

I'm nearly 40 years and counting. The folk that still go do not appear to me to be militant. In any movement you need numbers. I'm just saying that we don't have that strength of movement - it saddens me.

Sounds a little hollow, sadly.

Great that you've got Simon Garner on board. Great shame that you can't see a role for Glen. You can see how this is going to play out... Glen will now create a fifth fan group, which will initially be ignored. It will grow and start to have an impact, potentially treading on toes and being blamed for creating a split, and then the 'We Are Rovers' group will deliberate about the pros and cons of bringing this new group into the fold.

What a waste of time and effort - as well as a missed opportunity - for all concerned. Instead of being a united group from the outset, it will create a clear divide in the fanbase (both groups blaming each other, and fighting for the moral high ground) INSTEAD of everyone fighting for the club together.

I'm confused, Ozz. Is Glen welcome to join the 'We Are Rovers' team or not?

Sadly, you are spot on Stuart.

I don't really care what politics are stopping Glens involvement but this fight, to get rid of Venkys, is going to take as many committed and dedicated people as possible. I don't know Glen, never met him but his actions over the last few years suggest he would be the first person you'd want in a group with this aim.

This board represents what proportion of our fan base? Yoda, I don't think I've ever disagreed with you.

I'm nearly 40 years and counting. The folk that still go do not appear to me to be militant. In any movement you need numbers. I'm just saying that we don't have that strength of movement - it saddens me.

So everybody counts, including GM

you got to work smart when up against the odds

Archived