BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

Yes we posted at the same time.

But no offense, I find it a bit peculiar that not one of the groups spotted an article that everyone of the rovers fans on twitter is talking about...

This keeps coming up so I'll take it.

I manage the Social Media of the Rovers Trust. I work nights shifts. I set many of our posts on schedules for during the day, and whilst I did briefly see this one doing the rounds, I was worried about the legal ramifications attached with the sort of allegations contained therein.

Rightly or wrongly, I chose not to officially Retweet the article using the Rovers Trust account for that very reason. That said, the article has done an astounding trek across the internet without our promotion.

I hope that helps answer your question.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I presume you're not addressing this as you think it's a thinly veiled reference to Glen, and you are steadfastly ignoring questions about him. Which whilst I don't agree with, I understand. It isn't. I'm genuinely interested, as I think this is the golden ticket.

Simple answer, no. As far as I am aware, no-one has a direct route to the owners. We may be able to get one and we have some ideas of how this might happen, but at the moment no.

I manage the Social Media of the Rovers Trust. I work nights shifts. I set many of our posts on schedules for during the day, and whilst I did briefly see this one doing the rounds, I was worried about the legal ramifications attached with the sort of allegations contained therein.

Rightly or wrongly, I chose not to officially Retweet the article using the Rovers Trust account for that very reason. That said, the article has done an astounding trek across the internet without our promotion.

Thanks for answering

Sorry but you have not answered the question. Are you saying that nobody from the groups has seen the article or you simply don't know? Or they have decided not to retweet?

I read the article. I'm sure if it hasn't been retweeted it's just an oversight. As far as I'm aware we do quite a lot of twittering.

Again, if you think we are missing a trick and want to help, get in touch.

Sorry arbitro, to be clearer up my answer, Boycotting fans are a large group and as I said protests are largely dependant on numbers and if a idea comes up that is legal and doable for the boycotting fans, I would have no hesitation missing that game and joining you all.

did the action group vote yay or nay for Glen on the top table?

was it open ballot or secret?

Sounds to me that there are NO real plans for protests inside the ground - except for the 18 75 protests which were already on the table - which is disappointing.

My fear with all this, is that it takes away the spontaneity of the fans, replacing that with more of a "we'll make the decisions" approach. There is room for protests here and abroad, you should encourage both approaches IMO.

I just posted this in another thread. I don't know what Neil or anyone else thinks but here goes...

If we are thinking that the main route to Vexit is getting noticed in the Indian media.... how about thousands of posters/ flyers/ banners appealing directly to India?

S.O.S INDIA - VENKY'S OUT or something to that effect?

Now that would get their attention.

I strongly believe that protests have to be very eye-catching or unique to have any big media attention. The 18/75 is good in theory but we don't have enough fans left for it to make much of an impact.

This is on the money, love India hate venkys.

Simple answer, no. As far as I am aware, no-one has a direct route to the owners. We may be able to get one and we have some ideas of how this might happen, but at the moment no.

Thanks Neil. Well I can't speak for the man, but I know Glen has spoken directly with Balaji in the past. However, moving forward, I certainly hope this avenue proves fruitful for W.A.R, and will be one that is pushed. Hopefully as the pressure is firmly applied, it may loosen their lips a touch.

Sounds to me that there are NO real plans for protests inside the ground - except for the 18 75 protests which were already on the table - which is disappointing.

My fear with all this, is that it takes away the spontaneity of the fans, replacing that with more of a "we'll make the decisions" approach. There is room for protests here and abroad, you should encourage both approaches IMO.

There has been protests at every home game this season, small admittedly but they have been there. Numbers are key

• Backroom

Thanks for taking the time to answer questions.

Just to note, somebody from the groups involved is going to have to put out an official answer as to why Glen isn't being included in proceedings. Whether you agree or disagree with his methods, he's been a key figure in the fight against Venky's and it isn't fair or conductive to unity to completely ignore him. Hopefully this will be addressed properly in due course.

Just to note, somebody from the groups involved is going to have to put out an official answer as to why Glen isn't being included in proceedings. Whether you agree or disagree with his methods, he's been a key figure in the fight against Venky's and it isn't fair or conductive to unity to completely ignore him. Hopefully this will be addressed properly in due course.

Totally agree. And as I posted earlier today until a sensible official reason is given then war will not have my support.

The We Are Rovers umbrella group is formed from Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, Ewood Blues and BRFCC website. Currently Glen is not involved in the organisation of any of these groups , hence not yet part of the We Are Rovers group. As you will see from the opening post, anyone wishing to contribute and become involved with this is more than welcome to come forward and offer their assistance.

so will you tweet it now?

I don't want to derail all the good questions on this thread so far, but Glen is clearly saying that its his affiliation, or now lack of, with WEC thats at the root of all of this, and if true its absolutely pathetic, narrow minded small town bullsh1t.

This is a real threat to progress, excluding people for personal reasons, I call on Wayne Wild/we are Rovers to address this issue publicly, as the PR nonsense from yesterday was just embarrassing, and its gotten worse today.

This campaign needs the best people involved and personal issues quite simply shouldn't come into it, this is Blackburn Rovers we're talking about not a tin bashing shop in Darwen.

The We Are Rovers umbrella group is formed from Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, Ewood Blues and BRFCC website. Currently Glen is not involved in the organisation of any of these groups , hence not yet part of the We Are Rovers group. As you will see from the opening post, anyone wishing to contribute and become involved with this is more than welcome to come forward and offer their assistance.

Glen did offer

Glen has already stated thats he's been told the group don't want his help?

Glen asked to re-join The Trust board, an offer which was declined. He is more than welcome to assist WAR, as is anybody.

Thanks for the reply Ozz,, thats not exactly how I read it to be honest.

This campaign needs Glen involved, to sideline him would be a massive own goal in my opinion.

Archived