BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

I am happy to take part in a Q&A on 'We Are Rovers' for an hour from 7:30pm tonight on this thread.

who are you? who has appointed the people to their various positions? who came up with that 'logo'? who is ultimately in charge? how often will the new group meet? will the group look to meet with the club? is this new group part of the supporters consultation run by the club? what action in the UK is planned over the next 4 games? what communication is planned with supporters who aren't 'online'?

Plenty more questions, but that will do for starters...

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that's not the way four different supporters groups see it Glen, but we can agree to differ while respecting each others efforts toward the same outcome.

There's a lot of very good, very talented people who have put a lot of time and effort into getting rid of the Venky's, including yourself, but none of us have succeeded yet so it's bit much to claim we have been doing nothing!

The above post is very much in your style and, personally, I find this highly public, high maintenance approach off-putting. But, maybe that's just me.

I'll remind you and everyone else that no-one gets paid, we've all got demanding day jobs and families and we are all simply trying to do something positive and useful, however small or large.

Repeatedly having a go at other fans, or trying to make it personal, is not a sensible course for any of us to follow. That's why we've got together under the We Are Rovers banner. It's not about me or other members of the Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, Ewood Blues or brfcs.com - with you it always, in the end, seems to be about you.

I don't now Glen and never met him or yourself. As a normal Rovers fan can you explain why someone like Glen is being excluded from the group?

Oh my the Venkys must be rolling around laughing. For gods sake people just stop the bloody bickering your like bunch of kids. The fact we have Simon Garner behind us has to be a good thing, let's just listen to what they are saying before stupid fights on a dam message board. The Venkys have trashed our weekends, let's just settle down and talk together first at least.

My last point on the matter.

I'm deemed not fit and proper to sit on an unelected board of supporters.

However just over 12 months ago I was deemed fit and proper by Wayne Wild to be a Director at WEC and also the Secretary of the Rovers Trust

Whats changed?

I chose to leave WEC to take up part ownership of my own company and gave employment to all those sackec because of my departure.

I was then forced to resign from the Rovers Trust despite none willing to commit to any meetings in the 12 months prior to my departure.

I ask when is the next AGM of the trust.

I have emailed Mark Fish to ask for explanation from his perspective and he is going to come back to me tonight.

This is and has always been about Rovers, we all have jobs ,so stop playing the same line.

Enjoy your exclusive club as I withdraw my offer and will work for supporters like I have always done.

I have no aspirations to join the board at Rovers, my only aspiration is to us have a stable club, under owners who can afford to run a club and have its best interest at heart.

Severely disappointed. Doesn't sound like everyone has a voice within the new umbrella. It's meant to unite people and allow everyone who is interested to support the cause and make a difference in getting the owners out. To me it seems this is in fact not the case. Don't make people outsiders, work together and be a team.

Well, that's not the way four different supporters groups see it Glen, but we can agree to differ while respecting each others efforts toward the same outcome.

There's a lot of very good, very talented people who have put a lot of time and effort into getting rid of the Venky's, including yourself, but none of us have succeeded yet so it's bit much to claim we have been doing nothing!

The above post is very much in your style and, personally, I find this highly public, high maintenance approach off-putting. But, maybe that's just me.

I'll remind you and everyone else that no-one gets paid, we've all got demanding day jobs and families and we are all simply trying to do something positive and useful, however small or large.

Repeatedly having a go at other fans, or trying to make it personal, is not a sensible course for any of us to follow. That's why we've got together under the We Are Rovers banner. It's not about me or other members of the Rovers Trust, BRFCAG, Ewood Blues or brfcs.com - with you it always, in the end, seems to be about you.

And despite all that, he still gets stuff done.

Surely having him onside with his contacts and enthusiasm is better than having a constant pissing contest and potentially driving a wedge straight through what we're all trying to achieve. Or is someone afraid that if Glen is involved, then it will be his name in the enevitable press articles and not there's?

It takes a big man to put his pride to one side and work with someone you don't particularly get on with, for a bigger cause. Whoever has got the beef with Glen needs to remember this. Get rid of Venkys first, then you can all get back to measuring each other wangs. There's more important things to do right now, so you all to need to grow up, grow a pair and get on with it.

So blackburn ender what plans have you got to get rid of the venkys. The only plans I have seen have come from Glen so how can we respect and trust these groups in getting what we all want and that is to remove the venkys from our club. We need to take action now and not wait!!!

Neil Thornton, I was elected to do the media and PR for the Rovers Trust by its members and was one of the original group to set up the supporters trust.

I’m a journalist by trade and have worked in the media and PR for 25+ years.

I support the We Are Rovers idea to get as many of the various supporters groups working together with a common cause and message.

There is nothing official or elected about We Are Rovers. It’s simply four fan groups pooling their resources.

So, there is nothing to join as such, no membership, no committee, no rules.

Our aim is to come up with ideas and initiatives that will help persuade the Rao family to sell Blackburn Rovers.

We hope plenty of Rovers fans will approve and support some or all of them, but with hundreds and thousands of supporters worldwide – that’s a lot of opinions and theories and agendas. We know not everyone will agree, but we hope most will.

Simon Garner was for it immediately, which says a lot to me.

Hi... whoever you are - edit, just seen above. Hi Neil. . I make it 19:30.

Question 1) what is the groups plan RE Venkys. will they continue the work which has been done previously in trying to find evidence of illegal activities that force the FA to act?

who are you? who has appointed the people to their various positions? who came up with that 'logo'? who is ultimately in charge? how often will the new group meet? will the group look to meet with the club? is this new group part of the supporters consultation run by the club? what action in the UK is planned over the next 4 games? what communication is planned with supporters who aren't 'online'?

when you're ready... :brfc:

See above for Q1 & 2. The logo was done by one of the group. No-one is in charge, it's still four separate groups doing their own thing, but agreeing to unite under a common banner if it means we can pool ideas and resources.

We'll meet when we need to and we are all part of the club's new fans meetings.

We are asking for ideas for action at Ewood or in Blackburn, the more the merrier and obviously there are some floating around like the 18 75 idea.

We are getting leaflets printed to reach offline fans.

• Backroom

What is going to be done differently now that wasn't tried in 2012 or 2013?

Can we be assured that action to remove Venky's will continue even if they sack Owen Coyle and bring in somebody better, such as Neil Warnock? Are all the groups committed to a long-haul fight, as opposed to suddenly making a u-turn and calling for calm and "getting behind the lads" should the owners make a rare positive decision such as the Paul Lambert appointment?

Neil Thornton, I was elected to do the media and PR for the Rovers Trust by its members and was one of the original group to set up the supporters trust.

I’m a journalist by trade and have worked in the media and PR for 25+ years.

I support the We Are Rovers idea to get as many of the various supporters groups working together with a common cause and message.

There is nothing official or elected about We Are Rovers. It’s simply four fan groups pooling their resources.

So, there is nothing to join as such, no membership, no committee, no rules.

Our aim is to come up with ideas and initiatives that will help persuade the Rao family to sell Blackburn Rovers.

We hope plenty of Rovers fans will approve and support some or all of them, but with hundreds and thousands of supporters worldwide – that’s a lot of opinions and theories and agendas. We know not everyone will agree, but we hope most will.

Simon Garner was for it immediately, which says a lot to me.

Fair play to you Neil. My question would be there is a large element of supporters who have stopped going as they (me and me mates) felt we are not on the same side as the owners. What do you plan to do to galvanise this immense anger from people who no longer attend?

Hi... whoever you are - edit, just seen above. Hi Neil. . I make it 19:30.

Question 1) what is the groups plan RE Venkys. will they continue the work which has been done previously in trying to find evidence of illegal activities that force the FA to act?

Hi, we have a plan which will involve the FA, but can't go into detail. We are supportive of all efforts to uncover illegal activities, but my personal view is they don't exist. Stupidity and gullibility have been very much in evidence though....

We believe, like others do, that stepping up the campaign against the owners in India is possibly the most effective thing we can do. They don't listen to us here in Blackburn, so we are planning a high profile, high level campaign to reach the owners whether they like it or not. Again, you will understand the need for confidentiality at this stage.

Archived