BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

My view on this is:

Four supporter groups have agreed to work together on a shared goal which is Venkys Out.

BRFCAG, Rovers Trust, Ewood Blues, BRFCS all agreed that there was areas where we could work together on this shared goal.
Each group put forward it's representatives to Co work with the other groups on possible shared initiatives. However each group still operates independently on a day to day basis on behalf of its membership. A new group has not been formed, a new committee has not been formed. It is four independent groups working together as and when there is a shared initiative.

Glen will openly admit he wears his heart on his sleeve and divides opinion, but he has worked tirelessly for the last few years as have others. Ideas from any supporter are welcomed, many ideas will be shared and any that are appropriate for a joint venture then they will be taken up I'm sure whether they come from well known fans like Glen, Kamy etc etc or they come from Joe Bloggs who sits in the Jack Walker stand and isn't a member of any group, just a unhappy Rovers fan.

The open floor wasn't about forming a new committee or group it was four groups agreing to work together where possible.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My view on this is:

Four supporter groups have agreed to work together on a shared goal which is Venkys Out.

BRFCAG, Rovers Trust, Ewood Blues, BRFCS all agreed that there was areas where we could work together on this shared goal.

Each group put forward it's representatives to Co work with the other groups on possible shared initiatives. However each group still operates independently on a day to day basis on behalf of its membership. A new group has not been formed, a new committee has not been formed. It is four independent groups working together as and when there is a shared initiative.

Glen will openly admit he wears his heart on his sleeve and divides opinion, but he has worked tirelessly for the last few years as have others. Ideas from any supporter are welcomed, many ideas will be shared and any that are appropriate for a joint venture then they will be taken up I'm sure whether they come from well known fans like Glen, Kamy etc etc or they come from Joe Bloggs who sits in the Jack Walker stand and isn't a member of any group, just a unhappy Rovers fan.

The open floor wasn't about forming a new committee or group it was four groups agreing to work together where possible.

Have WAR asked NYC Rovers for input?

I've only met Glen a couple of times and I found him to be a good character. The main thing that got me was his passion. In the 6 years since the "business people" from India took over he has been a constant. There were only 100 of so of us at Havelock on that first protest march (and a dog) and I remember Glen really kicking things on from there. I don't remember seeing some of the people on committees out that day.

Like him or loathe him, he's stuck his neck out and published all he has. I must admit, I have loads to say but probably delete ¾ of I out of fear of getting in trouble. I am sure most Rovers fans feel the same. At least Glen had the guts to put his name in lights. For that he should be applauded.

I hope that WAR goes onto achieve its goals and units the fans. What I don't want is it to be the professional mouth piece of a lobbying group for a consortium.

So Glen might get on some peoples tits. Oh dear they must be delicate souls. I'd rather have a nowty awkward sod fighting to save Rovers than a shrinking violet.

Apologies to Glen if he's not nowty or awkward.

Glen asked to re-join The Trust board, an offer which was declined. He is more than welcome to assist WAR, as is anybody.

I have started to like the W.A.R. implications of ''We Are Rovers'' although it doesn't fit with:

''Respectful, peaceful and professional protests will take place at Ewood Park on selected matchdays''

That kind of blows the whistle idea :wacko:

As someone already said the W.A.R. logo is limp.

Have WAR asked NYC Rovers for input?

New York Rovers along with other fan groups where asked and agreed to back the open floor meeting as a show of Rovers fans / groups uniting to get Venkys Out. Their logos where included on the poster.

There have now been channels of communication opened up where ANY supporter or group can come forward with ideas / information / suggestions etc. If it is something all four independent groups agree can be a joint venture then it will be.

Its not a new group or committee WAR is representatives of the four mentioned groups coming together on joint initiatives any suggestions are not only welcomed but encouraged. All four groups continue day to day doing their own thing still.

I have started to like the W.A.R. implications of ''We Are Rovers'' althhough it doesn't fit with:

''Respectful, peaceful and professional protests will take place at Ewood Park on selected matchdays''

That kind of blows the whistle idea :wacko:

As someone already said the W.A.R. logo is limp.

Ive bought mine

sounds like

Willies

Are

Rising Resting

corrected

I have been saying this for weeks

I wish every success to initiatives in India and Pune in particular. It may be more difficult than envisaged on the owners home turf for many reasons including iron bars.

My view on this is:

From what I've read Rovers Trust did a poll (the 97% one) then BRFCAG did one in support of Rovers Trust, Ewood Blues? BRFCS? I asked for one to give Glen a Yes/No vote from this MB where he is a member still but saw no response.

New York Rovers along with other fan groups where asked and agreed to back the open floor meeting as a show of Rovers fans / groups uniting to get Venkys Out. Their logos where included on the poster.

There have now been channels of communication opened up where ANY supporter or group can come forward with ideas / information / suggestions etc. If it is something all four independent groups agree can be a joint venture then it will be.

Its not a new group or committee WAR is representatives of the four mentioned groups coming together on joint initiatives any suggestions are not only welcomed but encouraged. All four groups continue day to day doing their own thing still.

Ive bought mine

Good one. Blow it hard :rover:

W.A.R. Is not a supporters group, it is a banner under which up to this point 4 groups have come together to encourage a pooling of resources towards a common goal. We hope and expect many more groups to officially support the initiative.

As it is not a group per se, and not intended to be one, there is nothing to be elected to. I tried to explain this to Mr. Mullan in the hour long phone call he refers to above. I also made it very clear that I personally believe he is interpreting the democratically elected Rover Trust Board's decision to politely decline him a co-opted position on said Board with a rejection of accepting his help in the W.A.R. initiative. This never occurred, and I asked him why he felt that way, to which he replied, "Why don't we have a vote for leadership then?" I didn't know how to respond because I couldn't understand the logical jump being made to make that a response that would follow from my question.

Since Mr. Mullan first resigned his position as chairman of BRFCAG of his own free will, and then later down the line declined an offer of a co-opted Board position of his own design with Rovers Trust when a new secretary was voted in, again of his own free will, he has since no longer been active or a representative of any supporters group or organisation.

What he suggests is that a vote be taken so he can be on a board of some kind, heading up or being part of the leadership of an organisation of some kind. That is not what W.A.R. is. Of course he is welcome to provide ideas and input, as well as volunteer time and effort to help out on activities that are pursued, as are each and every one of you.

Like Blackburn Ender wrote, ideas that the individual groups think are great will be followed up upon, the individual organisations will continue to operate as they have always done, now offering each other a pooling of resources, utilising their unique strengths and focuses to move forward together towards a singular goal.

Naturally each supporters group or entity that wants to join under this common banner is going to want to have a primary contact to collaborate with others - but it isn't a Board or Official Committee. It's an informal group of main contacts so we can all communicate with each other and decide how to best act on the ideas we think are great.

W.A.R. Does not claim to represent every supporter, it only claims to be an intitiative to achieve a singular goal. Get Venky's out of our club.

It's late here in Sweden. I hope I've been able to answer some questions Neil and Mark A. didn't address or get to, and that I've been able to explain a bit of the concept of how the 4 groups see W.A.R.

I bid you all a good night! #WeAreRovers #VenkysOut

The WAR campaign seems to be a direct response for the calls to come under one banner and brand the movement. I think the brand "WAR" has legs, certainly. But those behind the brand should stop saying it isn't a committee because it is. It's a committee of representatives from 4 supporters' groups and, ultimately, they make decisions on which ideas to publicise. This doesn't mean you can't try and publicise your own idea, you can and I'm certain Glen will, but it just means he won't have direct power to place WARs brand behind it.

Truth is Glen has just as much influence as them. It might be a blessing in disguise to have Glens Maverick attitude and in-your-face straight down the line approach separate from WAR. They believe themselves to be capable to run it without him and he believes himself capable to run his own campaigns without them. Great. An assault on two fronts, I'm all for it.

Lets forget this idea that Glen HAS to be involved in WAR for unity. I say that from someone who was first to say how unfair i believed it to be that he wasn't. However this doesn't mean we are finished, it just means we have a two pronged attack. Let's always look for the positives, keep ourselves motivated. Turn what they perceive as a weakness into a strength - it's one of the first rules in winning a war. And we will win.

Any rovers fan should be involved if they want too be, even more so someone like Glen who's not only got a few contacts but is as passionate fan as anyone. If these 4 groups want to unite and get everyone singing from the same hymn sheet then they need to go about it the right way. Alienating someone who has put his heart and soul on the line for rovers is not the right way to go about it. Come on lads get it sorted.

W.A.R. Is not a supporters group, it is a banner under which up to this point 4 groups have come together to encourage a pooling of resources towards a common goal. We hope and expect many more groups to officially support the initiative.

As it is not a group per se, and not intended to be one, there is nothing to be elected to. I tried to explain this to Mr. Mullan in the hour long phone call he refers to above. I also made it very clear that I personally believe he is interpreting the democratically elected Rover Trust Board's decision to politely decline him a co-opted position on said Board with a rejection of accepting his help in the W.A.R. initiative. This never occurred, and I asked him why he felt that way, to which he replied, "Why don't we have a vote for leadership then?" I didn't know how to respond because I couldn't understand the logical jump being made to make that a response that would follow from my question.

Since Mr. Mullan first resigned his position as chairman of BRFCAG of his own free will, and then later down the line declined an offer of a co-opted Board position of his own design with Rovers Trust when a new secretary was voted in, again of his own free will, he has since no longer been active or a representative of any supporters group or organisation.

What he suggests is that a vote be taken so he can be on a board of some kind, heading up or being part of the leadership of an organisation of some kind. That is not what W.A.R. is. Of course he is welcome to provide ideas and input, as well as volunteer time and effort to help out on activities that are pursued, as are each and every one of you.

Like Blackburn Ender wrote, ideas that the individual groups think are great will be followed up upon, the individual organisations will continue to operate as they have always done, now offering each other a pooling of resources, utilising their unique strengths and focuses to move forward together towards a singular goal.

Naturally each supporters group or entity that wants to join under this common banner is going to want to have a primary contact to collaborate with others - but it isn't a Board or Official Committee. It's an informal group of main contacts so we can all communicate with each other and decide how to best act on the ideas we think are great.

W.A.R. Does not claim to represent every supporter, it only claims to be an intitiative to achieve a singular goal. Get Venky's out of our club.

It's late here in Sweden. I hope I've been able to answer some questions Neil and Mark A. didn't address or get to, and that I've been able to explain a bit of the concept of how the 4 groups see W.A.R.

Thank you for your detailed post which does help clear, for me, certain issues, although I think it will get a response from this MB membership.

As I've said earlier I like W.A.R. and remember it's a series of smaller battles that win the W.A.R.

It's early here in Bangkok and no sleep again!

I bid you all a good morning! #WeAreRovers #VenkysOut :rover:

Would any of this have happened had Glen not released the documents a few weeks back?

This is the key point for me. He got the ball rolling again.

I can see where Dan is coming from in the above post but I really don't like it. You may not see it as one supporters group but everyone else does and that is the key.

Again the topic title goes against what is actually happening, just like the meeting thread. Fans unite. No, groups unite.

Got to be honest, - can't say I'm impressed so far. It comes across as a number of groups pushing the fans away and wanting to take control themselves, - rather than taking the lead "from" the fans and reinforcing protests/demonstrations/actions, wherever they might be.

Dan you are liar, vote on leadership??????????

Never once was that put forward, i will post email on here later as that is a direct slate at my nature which over steps mark.

Leadship?? Again

I Like many others have called for a democratically elected committee, what do you guys actually fear?

If this is four groups showing unity which is about time, then there is no issue in a task force being formed in addition to the good news that those 4 groups are united,

I have been consistent in my views

If this was about four groups kissing and making up, i ask again, why waste everyones time by getting them to attend a meeting to witness you make up with each other?

The largest group is non group fans and the only group im interested in is blackburn rovers

Would any of this have happened had Glen not released the documents a few weeks back?

This is the key point for me. He got the ball rolling again.

I can see where Dan is coming from in the above post but I really don't like it. You may not see it as one supporters group but everyone else does and that is the key.

Again the topic title goes against what is actually happening, just like the meeting thread. Fans unite. No, groups unite.

An honest answer yes..... Mark raised the idea of an open floor unity meeting to me some time ago, did the documents raise interest? I have no doubt it did.

Fans groups united, and I hope all fans are united in the need to see The raos out.

Archived