BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's poor in the extreme when ego's become more important than fighting for a cause. The only winners in this whole sorry episode are the Indians and the cretins at Ewood. Well done to whoever.

Unity is strength.

I think the 'uniting 4 groups' thing is a bad idea in the first place as the vast majority of fans don't belong to a group, so they won't get any representation on WAR's committee. As BRFCS isn't really a fans group, we've got a great chance to make WAR more inclusive by all members voting for someone to represent the site, this would allow someone who isn't a member of one of the other 3 groups to get on the committee.

Now now Abbey nobody has been brave or big enough to come forward yet and admit it was their decision.

Indeed . Plenty of political bullshit and even Corbyn and boris would squirm .

The idea was unity but someone's vanity has caused less unity and more infighting .

If WAR's only job is to co-ordinate protests and get a wider amount of people participating then it is a good thing.

From the experience of a few years ago the impression is that if the Action Group organised something, then the other groups would not participate just because they hadn't organised it.

If WAR's only job is to co-ordinate protests and get a wider amount of people participating then it is a good thing.

From the experience of a few years ago the impression is that if the Action Group organised something, then the other groups would not participate just because they hadn't organised it.

Just like the 1875 ... Some of the Ewood Blues giving it large about boycotters

And while I have a brew whose great idea is peaceful and respectful protests ?

We need loud rowdy ones and who are respecting ? The scum in India ? Cheston ? Someone's aspirations?

Respectful, peaceful and professional protests ..................... got to be Rovers Trust wording imo

And while I have a brew whose great idea is peaceful and respectful protests ?

We need loud rowdy ones and who are respecting ? The scum in India ? Cheston ? Someone's aspirations?

An acronym W.A.R. but we must be "peaceful and respectful". What a bloody joke.

It has two objectives. That's the first.

The second is to get 'feet under the table' with new owners. Whose feet, I think we know.

Respectful, peaceful and professional protests ..................... got to be Rovers Trust wording imo

That bit grates with me as well.

Protests have to be noisy, aggressive, ruffle feathers and upset a few people - at the very minimum.

It has two objectives. That's the first.

The second is to get 'feet under the table' with new owners. Whose feet, I think we know.

I honestly don't mind all that. If a revived or new Rovers comes out of it all, then I won't quibble.

What I can't stand is stabbing the one who"s done the most for us all, in the back.

Just like the 1875 ... Some of the Ewood Blues giving it large about boycotters

Ignore it Abbey, I couldn't give a t0ss what anyone in the Ewood Blues thinks about anything to be honest.

All that matters is that they're on the same protesting hymn sheet as the rest of us.

In which case how can WAR be absolutely positive that you are not wasting time following a lead which Glen has already exhausted/found to be incorrect - without him being on board? Or potentially even more seriously - how can you be absolutely certain that WAR isn't getting involved in an already sensitive subject being investigated by the other fans group which has been put together including Kamy and Glen?

In a hypothetical world WAR could potentially ruin an investigation already in process by Kamy/Glen... is it therefore not worth these two groups merging under one banner, as BRAG/Rovers Trust/Ewood Blues/BRFCS have?

I do speak with Glen and have been known to telephone him if something comes my way, in fact at times he has been the first person i have shared anything with, largely because his knowledge is second to none, and i know that first hand and also because i trust his judgement unreservedly.

I have a good relationship with Glen both as a friend and in my position of chairman of the BRFC Action Group, and unless i have missed something, then this will continue.

Archived