BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They should. We should be allowed to choose our own representation. It is if Glen M will go for it now he's announced he's ouy, which jumped the gun in my opinion.

Glen would have had just as much support on his own, with Kamy and Preston Blue both highly respected on here and undoubtedly would have continued to make a huge impact.

It was very sad Glen decided to hang up his boots. No judgements would be made if he was to say it was a spur of the moment thing as I'd happily follow Glen just as happy as I'd follow WAR. this whole thing got out of hand and shows just how angry we are now - any sign of trouble and we take sides without really thinking.

Get Glen back. Let WAR go there way. We support both. I'd say that's the consensus of BRFCC anyway. Glen/Kamy don't have to follow WAR for us to. Likewise WAR don't have to follow Glen/Kamy for us to.

I thought this had been put to bed.

My thoughts are, some people think I'm in this for myself, which given you don't get paid, you don't get a big blue peter badge etc. is ludicrous.

I have always believed in democracy, and for 5 years that thought has always been the same. People who prefer things to be democratic of which I'm one them, cannot possibly be in it for themselves, it serves no purpose to propose democratically elected things, if you can keep it where you make the decisions regardless.

I run a business and have to negotiate a hell of a lot as part of my daily work, whilst managing many different personalities within my workforce and office team. 95% Of our customer base could probably buy Rovers, as they turn over hundreds of millions each year.

I have to make unpopular decisions as part of my day job, but I'm very straight to the point and don't go around the houses or pussy foot around.Time is money and 24 hours is a lifetime in a business.

I have seen the word "Maverick" Used a few times over the last few days, which suggest i'm a man who likes to work alone? This is the opposite to how I operate my life, I'm a person who can make decisions quickly, based on the facts available at the time, I measure and calculate risks very quickly. There is an old saying which is very true "The worse decision in life is not to make one".

Know your enemy know your prey, its important that when you are approaching things, you have a credible end game and always give yourself options prior to engaging based on the risk element, walking around in ever decreasing circles is not the way forward. Too many cooks spoil the broth?

The end game is clear IMO, Venkys to sell the club, but not to just anyone, but to someone who has a credible business plan, which can sustain the club on the short, medium and long term. With no money, there is no club. When you consider some of the market research, some supporters will react to what they can see and what is tangible. For example spending £250k on this this windows transfer targets. What happens if they give the club to someone else and they don't spend 1p and then sell the rest of the assets off just to service the wage bill?

So to gather the support of supporters, its important you understand the supporters and can answer the questions of what the plan is and have the answers ready.

Running over the hill with a sword, to get to the others side and realise you are running into cannon's is doomed for failure from the start.

Every campaign starts from the market research, which in the supporters case, is calling for democracy and fact sharing. To approach this any other way is doomed for failure

I thought his had been put to bed.

My thoughts are, some people think I'm in this for myself, which given you don't get paid, you don't get a big blue peter badge etc. is ludicrous.

I have always believed in democracy, and for 5 years that thought has always been the same. People who prefer things to be democratic of which I'm one them, cannot possibly be in it for themselves, it serves no purpose to propose democratically elected things, if you can keep it where you make the decisions regardless.

I run a business and have to negotiate a hell of a lot as part of my daily work, whilst managing many different personalities within my workforce and office team. 95% Of our customer base could probably buy Rovers, as they turn over hundreds of millions each year.

I have to make unpopular decisions as part of my day job, but I'm very straight to the point and don't go around the houses or pussy foot around.Time is money and 24 hours is a lifetime in a business.

I have seen the word "Maverick" Used a few times over the last few days, which suggest i'm a man who likes to work alone? This is the opposite to how I operate my life, I'm a person who can make decisions quickly, based on the facts available at the time, I measure and calculate risks very quickly. There is an old saying which is very true "The worse decision in life is not to make one".

Know your enemy know your prey, its important that when you are approaching things, you have a credible end game and always give yourself options prior to engaging based on the risk element, walking around in ever decreasing circles is not the way forward. Too many cooks spoil the broth?

The end game is clear IMO, Venkys to sell the club, but not to just anyone, but to someone who has a credible business plan, which can sustain the club on the short, medium and long term. With no money, there is no club. When you consider some of the market research, some supporters will react to what they can see and what is tangible. For example spending £250k on this this windows transfer targets. What happens if they give the club to someone else and they don't spend 1p and then sell the rest of the assets off just to service the wage bill?

So to gather the support of supporters, its important you understand the supporters and can answer the questions of what the plan is and have the answers ready.

Running over the hill with a sword, to get to the others side and realise you are running into cannon's is doomed form failure from the start.

Every campaign starts from the market research, which in the supporters case, is calling for democracy and fact sharing. To approach this any other way is doomed for failure

By the time WAR get their act together, if they ever do, Ewood Park will have been sold putting an end to some of the personal ambitions in play here.

• Backroom

From the outside looking in, this seems pretty straight forward.

Ste B (I think it was) says he wasn't overly bothered about getting involved with 'We Are Rovers' in the first place, but got involved as he represented BRFCS.

As far as I'm aware the group is made up of 2 individuals from each of the main groups, so if Ste B was willing to step aside, we can have a poll to elect a new member to represent BRFCS and could be a way in for Glen - if Glen was willing at this stage?

I think if this happened then everyone would be willing to get behind the new group, if they haven't already.

we were indeed and like I've said I built some bridges.

Whose views will represented for us ? Mine ? Chaddy? Glen & Glenn? Vinjay? Parsons? Too many different birdies mates giving it large that the ones in the ground are better fans boycotters

Well its time everybody put their differences aside, at least for the greater good. All the groups working together including individuals like Mullan can only make it a stronger push.

• Backroom

I think it's out of proportion a little and I had misunderstood.

My current understanding is, as someone suggested above, is that WAR is an umbrella term for a mission engaged in by different groups. It's a means of sharing contacts, info, and resources.

Of the 4 groups that are under this umbrella, 3 have elected 'chair'people, while the 4th is represented by the owner of the website. Ste will know I disagree with him on a great many things (I was banned before it became fashionable), but I absolutely understand and support him in this sense.

Think about it; if Ste posts something on this MB, the rest of us almost definitely read it. That's an invaluable contact list to the other groups involved.

Re: Glen, I've had the odd spat with him too, but I believe he, Mark, Kamy, Paul and, more recently, Madon are the fans who have done more than anyone else to nudge us closer to ridding ourselves ofor Venkys. Whether all or none are on this 'committee' is irrelevant now. All that matters is that they are involved through one group or another, and all are involved in most groups!

Glen is an invaluable resource in our battle to be rid of Venkys and must be supported. I don't believe he should be 'elected' as such, but must be allowed to share everything he knows. I'm certain he'll be at the forefront of our battle regardless of plans by the 4 groups.

• Backroom

I think Ste B or Glenn P need to be involved in the BRFCS rep somewhere as they've both represented BRFCS for 20 odd years.

100% agree that at least one must remain, but it would appear by being a key figure in one of the groups is the only way to have some sort of leadership role within W.A.R.

Edit: It really shouldn't be this difficult!

Seriously have to commend you for that. I imagine it's the hardest decision you've had to make in the last 5 years.

I would certainly support your involvement as a member of this site though, if the opportunity ever arose.

The pressure on WAR to succeed has now just increased. They don't need Glen. Prove it.

Time to put up or shut up and get under the new WAR umbrella. Of course it won't happen on here, very little ever does. The bickering, bullying and fantasising will continue all to the detriment of getting the Rao family out of the club.

Time to put up or shut up and get under the new WAR umbrella. Of course it won't happen on here, very little ever does. The bickering, bullying and fantasising will continue all to the detriment of getting the Rao family out of the club.

You sound a bit bitter

Hi, we have a plan which will involve the FA, but can't go into detail. We are supportive of all efforts to uncover illegal activities, but my personal view is they don't exist. Stupidity and gullibility have been very much in evidence though....

Good to hear. Understand why you can't go into detail.....

I do understand there is something about a "professional group" not making big claims we can't substantiate, but-for what it is worth- I don't buy it all being about gullibility etc....

Strange I can think of three things that have been instigated on here in the last month, whilst others were deciding if they wanted Venky's out or a nice chat.

Still a lot of unanswered questions regarding WAR

Strange I can think of three things that have been instigated on here in the last month, whilst others were deciding if they wanted Venky's out or a nice chat.

Still a lot of unanswered questions regarding WAR

Indeed, there's always ideas and talk but rarely agreement and never an attempt to engage with all the fans.

There is much momentum right now, a lot of it created on here but all utterly useless unless we find away to engage the many instead of the few.

Unite and do what ?

Better bullying whingeing and moaning perhaps?

Indeed, there's always ideas and talk but rarely agreement and never an attempt to engage with all the fans.

There is much momentum right now, a lot of it created on here but all utterly useless unless we find away to engage the many instead of the few.

Creating an umbrella with a leak won't do it either,

I don't think the Indian journo's that have been placing pieces in Indian publications has been utterly useless, especially the one that landed on Madam's breakfast table, all kicked off by members on here.

Stupid comment and brings nothing to the table.

You bang on about unity and all you do is criticise

You must be gutted that something seems to be actually happening now John, given your form of slagging any protest ideas off for the past few years :rock:

Archived