BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

Exactly, the manager was prepared to make tactical changes in a game via a text!

Perhaps his extra salary was for making changes in games via text messages so people could make money from illegal betting. Just a guess. Either way it was very, very corrupt.

On a side note, keep it up Glen.

worth a repost

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're asking for real pressure and I'd imagine that's aimed at WAR. I get the impression that even if some people in that group knew these things (ie the text) that they wouldn't make it public. That's why I can't understand why you put in your blog that you were taking a step back? It seems these protest have only started again because people have got angry again after the docs were released.

The 'much bigger story' needs to be known to get more people to protest IMO, and to keep the papers interested. I suppose that needs to be balanced with how much risk you are willing to take.

This story, and the dingle team sheet one, highlight that 'real pressure' needs to be applied to the FA as much as anyone. There must come a time when a forced sale enters their thinking if stories relating to the Venky's keep cropping up?

I know many many things, we have not even scratched the surface, but I also know others do too, some will be different, some will know the same as me, and some will know less, however either way

I'm not willing to put my balls on the chopping block,thrown to the lions , if others who claim to represent a section of the supporters are not willing to do the same. Its easy for people to sit back and let someone be the scapegoat, but it becomes easier when everyone is pulling in the same direction with the blessing of their fellow supporters.

I have never been slow at coming forward, and I will gladly tell the world of all findings, instances to rid this club of the Rao's etc.

I can't get behind a fan that has decided he's speaking on behalf of hundreds/thousands without them even knowing (until Kammy reviled it), nevermind asking. I don't know anything about Ste B's views on anything to be honest. The reason I said 'you definitely don't represent me' was because no matter what his views are, I'll never support anyone that has decided he's representing a group of people without their consent. If we do have a vote, I definitely won't be voting for him.

Ha ha you are commenting on his message board. You are a star

I know many many things, we have not even scratched the surface, but I also know others do too, some will be different, some will know the same as me, and some will know less, however either way

I'm not willing to put my balls on the chopping block,thrown to the lions , if others who claim to represent a section of the supporters are not willing to do the same. Its easy for people to sit back and let someone be the scapegoat, but it becomes easier when everyone is pulling in the same direction with the blessing of their fellow supporters.

I have never been slow at coming forward, and I will gladly tell the world of all findings, instances to rid this club of the Rao's etc.

don't blame you in the slightest.

I can't get behind a fan that has decided he's speaking on behalf of hundreds/thousands without them even knowing (until Kammy reviled it), nevermind asking. I don't know anything about Ste B's views on anything to be honest. The reason I said 'you definitely don't represent me' was because no matter what his views are, I'll never support anyone that has decided he's representing a group of people without their consent. If we do have a vote, I definitely won't be voting for him.

Can I ask, why do you think you deserve a vote? What is it you think you are supporting?

Will these stories convince SteB though? :rock:

I don't know him so i've no idea. This particular story would back-up his view though as it is not the result of corrupt owners, it's the result of a protest leader texting a representative of Venky's to get a sub made during a competetive Rovers fixture. It there is corruption here it implies Glen was involved, which he says he wasn't.

Regardless, we are through the looking glass. It's absolutely mental that this has been going on.

Seriously have to commend you for that. I imagine it's the hardest decision you've had to make in the last 5 years.

I would certainly support your involvement as a member of this site though, if the opportunity ever arose.

The pressure on WAR to succeed has now just increased. They don't need Glen. Prove it.

Wow

Unfortunately it's been left too late for any protest ideas to catch the attention of the broad media unless they are radical and persistent.

All I can think of is getting every home game abandoned in the way Blackpool did when the fans came onto the pitch and refused to move. We'd get fines, point deductions, inevitably relegated, but only then would the media start digging to find the real root of the discontent. There are some crazy scoops to be had, and stories of serious foul play (wehey). But, anything less will just see our silent decline continue.

But, as I repeat, it would need to be every single home game.

Its gone very quiet, slow news day?

Can we have more scandal? Venkys etc. Are now picking themselves up from last one

Before all this started you said that if you were not involved you would continue to support whatever was in place. Does that still stand?

Everyone's knackered after the past 2 weeks of revelations :blink:

In the cold hard light of day, what revelations Gav? Info that has been out there for years and won't get rid of the owners.

The answer is that was the day , i got the substitution changed within a 90 second period via txt, this is a minor detail in grand scheme of things, but if Venkys are to go, the ammo better be good and fluent!!!!!

Ha ha ha, what a load of nonsense. So you bought Rhodes. Make texts to sub, Jesus wept.

It was actually Rochina on for Gomes, Formica was stripped ready to come on, a couple of txt later and it was changed.

Point being ; there is so much that needs to be done every few days to keep the pressure well and trully on. If we snooze we will lose

Ha ha, this is brilliant. Dear god

If a substitution can be influenced from the stand and is obeyed by the manager;

1. What else can be influenced?

2. If the team news for an important match , for example the east lancashire derby is leaked deliberately to the opposition? What would the motive be?

As previously stated, too much silence , makes rovers yesterdays news. We need wave after wave after wave

Did you hold the board up too with the subs number on?

The answer is that was the day , i got the substitution changed within a 90 second period via txt, this is a minor detail in grand scheme of things, but if Venkys are to go, the ammo better be good and fluent!!!!!

See, assuming you're not lying - and I don't think you are although it is very hard to believe, incredulous really as i would never have though this goes on in professional football - this is terrible, appallingly unprofessional.

No matter that you probably know more about football than Kean, that it was an excellent swap, no one bar the manager or head coach/director of football should be picking the team or influencing the substitutions. That is appalling on so many levels, from dis-empowering the manager to having people with no clue making the decisions. And that's before we even consider the illegal betting ramifications...

Also I do wonder how your associates/contacts such as Shebby feel towards you for revealing this, or even the powers running the club. Whilst I appreciate these revelations, I wonder whether doing so weakens your position with the contacts that you have or others, regarding keeping things confidential. Appreciate this is a catch 22 as I, and others, find it so frustrating to hear "if only you knew..."

Oh, could someone pm me or email me the recently discloded documents, or let me know where I could find them?

Can I ask, why do you think you deserve a vote? What is it you think you are supporting?

Because if BRFCS is being included as a 'fans group' (which I don't think it should be) then the fans should get a say on who is representing them, rather than it seemingly being used to shoehorn someone on the committe that otherwise wouldn't be there. WAR has actively tried to exclude Glen and BRFCS is a large part of WAR, are you happy with that?

Ha ha ha, what a load of nonsense. So you bought Rhodes. Make texts to sub, Jesus wept.

Ha ha, this is brilliant. Dear god

Ahh this explains it, you've obviously got a problem with Glen.

Did you hold the board up too with the subs number on?

Not having a go at you personally but anyone reading this thread involved with any of the supporters' campaigns would recognise Jimmy Armfield's famous aphorism "They don't have football fans in Blackburn, they have critics."

Seriously, it takes a lack of imagination not to work out how Glen got that substitution changed...

The issue is that if Glen could have pulled that off, who else did also during Kean's time and for what nefarious purposes might they have done it?

Before all this started you said that if you were not involved you would continue to support whatever was in place. Does that still stand?

In the cold hard light of day, what revelations Gav? Info that has been out there for years and won't get rid of the owners.

All what started?

I have always supported the removal of the owners, I think my stance is one of the clearest?

Because if BRFCS is being included as a 'fans group' (which I don't think it should be) then the fans should get a say on who is representing them, rather than it seemingly being used to shoehorn someone on the committe that otherwise wouldn't be there. WAR has actuvely tried to exclude Glen and BRFCS is a large part of WAR, are you happy with that?

So you want to ask every member of BRFCC to cast a vote on who represents you?

And you don't think BRFCC should be included as a fans group?

Unfortunately it's been left too late for any protest ideas to catch the attention of the broad media unless they are radical and persistent.

All I can think of is getting every home game abandoned in the way Blackpool did when the fans came onto the pitch and refused to move. We'd get fines, point deductions, inevitably relegated, but only then would the media start digging to find the real root of the discontent. There are some crazy scoops to be had, and stories of serious foul play (wehey). But, anything less will just see our silent decline continue.

But, as I repeat, it would need to be every single home game.

Well, I think holding a game up via whistles, adding another 15 min to a TV scheduled match would make an impact.

Getting a game abandoned may well have to be in the armoury., but I wouldn't make it the first option.

At risk of repeating myself, I think we need a small group to audit a menu of actions to gain media attention. Yes, we would have to consider whether certain actions ran the risk of negative publicity.....and we all know there are certain characters with vested anti protest interests.

Imagine Charlie Nicholas being a director of anything except fake tanning lotion!

This is just hollow and hypocritical.

Of course it will be hard to unite the fanbase if half the fanbase won't join in a very simple protest.

The only alternative unity is encouraging everyone to NOT protest.

Quite ludicrous that you think questioning someone why they won't stand together alongside their fellow fans is creating disunity!

Stuart, I have already answered your question about the 1875 protest but you didnt seem to want to accept the answer. Is that my fault? Nope.

But my question is what have you done to share the protest around Rovers fans and friends/family.

Not having a go at you personally but anyone reading this thread involved with any of the supporters' campaigns would recognise Jimmy Armfield's famous aphorism "They don't have football fans in Blackburn, they have critics."

Seriously, it takes a lack of imagination not to work out how Glen got that substitution changed...

The issue is that if Glen could have pulled that off, who else did also during Kean's time and for what nefarious purposes might they have done it?

I know Philipl, big fan of you.

Jimmy Armfield never said 'text a sub' either

All what started?

I have always supported the removal of the owners, I think my stance is one of the clearest?

WAR.

Based on what you've NOT said, we've established that you don't want to show unity with your fellow fans. Ergo you don't really want Venkys Out.

I don't need to know any more. And stop saying you want Venkys Out, you don't really mean it, you are just going along with the current vox pop as always. A couple of wins and you'll turn again.

There's an obvious power-battle being played out on here every day in front of your eyes by some supporter groups/protest leaders which is in danger of derailing any concept of fan unity, and your main concern is if Chaddy, who isn't aligned to anyone, is showing 'unity' with fellow fans? It's starting to look like you are engaging in a personal spat with Chaddy for your own satisfaction, which is hardly conducive to fan unity.

Because if BRFCS is being included as a 'fans group' (which I don't think it should be) then the fans should get a say on who is representing them, rather than it seemingly being used to shoehorn someone on the committe that otherwise wouldn't be there. WAR has actively tried to exclude Glen and BRFCS is a large part of WAR, are you happy with that?

Ha yeah I have. He is making sub via text, can you not see the problem with that?

So you want to ask every member of BRFCC to cast a vote on who represents you?

And you don't think BRFCC should be included as a fans group?

A poll is simple enough to organise. No because it is obviously different from the other groups, there are so many more different views on here than in one of the other groups so to find someone that will represent all our views on WAR's committee is impossible. If BRFCS has to be included, setting up a poll/vote for it's representatives is the only option.

Archived