BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's an obvious power-battle being played out on here every day in front of your eyes by some supporter groups/protest leaders which is in danger of derailing any concept of fan unity, and your main concern is if Chaddy, who isn't aligned to anyone, is showing 'unity' with fellow fans? It's starting to look like you are engaging in a personal spat with Chaddy for your own satisfaction, which is hardly conducive to fan unity.

There is no satisfaction. If anything it's chaddy that is keeping this going. Even, insultingly, suggesting he has done as much as I have in terms of protesting.

The issue is not Chaddy though, it's fans in general who will not support the extremely easy 18/75 protest at the height of anti-Venkys feeling, and while there is finally momentum for change and collaboration of the main fans groups.

Chaddy is a representative of that group.

He posts on an Internet message board.

So do I.

I ask him questions.

Not sure what the shocking part is.

We have a chance to put old spats aside and unite behind protests at Ewood (not just post Venkys Out on the Internet). Or we could also unite by everyone doing nothing and showing no displeasure at matches (in case it upsets the boys). These are the two extremes. Whilst some one one and some want the other we don't have unity.

The proof of how representative chaddy and Parson will be answered at the Wolves match.

I've been pretty clear with this line. Happy to leave the discussion there.

i was going to post the same....even the idiots on the facebook group have 7000 in numbers .

yup

If WAR is only for folk in various groups.

So be it.

But they are closing the door on a lot of people who are not in a group.

Which is wrong.

IF that is the case, until that attitude changes.

I will not support WAR..

At the moment, they should have this as their motto.

We Are Rovers

Until we find a reason,

justified or not

to exclude you.

Over to WAR to rectify this.

They are the only ones who can.

There is no satisfaction. If anything it's chaddy that is keeping this going. Even, insultingly, suggesting he has done as much as I have in terms of protesting.

The issue is not Chaddy though, it's fans in general who will not support the extremely easy 18/75 protest at the height of anti-Venkys feeling, and while there is finally momentum for change and collaboration of the main fans groups.

Chaddy is a representative of that group.

He posts on an Internet message board.

So do I.

I ask him questions.

Not sure what the shocking part is.

We have a chance to put old spats aside and unite behind protests at Ewood (not just post Venkys Out on the Internet). Or we could also unite by everyone doing nothing and showing no displeasure at matches (in case it upsets the boys). These are the two extremes. Whilst some one one and some want the other we don't have unity.

The proof of how representative chaddy and Parson will be answered at the Wolves match.

I've been pretty clear with this line. Happy to leave the discussion there.

Like me, I don't believe chaddy is a member of a group Stuart. We are simply supporters who go to games with friends. I don't think that makes a group.

WAR are reaching out to a number of people / groups.

Not a go at you Ste , but it seems there are certain questions that have yet to be answered, appreciate people's work and family commitments but surely with comments on here and other platforms I would have thought clearing things up so people can get behind the cause was paramount

For instance who are WAR what is the structure, is there a top line "committee" for want of a better word, who is on it from each group or individuals

and I suppose the big unanswered question that seems to be the elephant in the room is who made the call to exclude Glen from the Steering committee/group that according to what has been posted so far does not exist. My view surely if the person(s) can not stand up and justify their decision surely that raises questions of suitability to be anywhere near the heading of any campaign.

What an absurd contradiction.

I go to matches with a few friends. Chaddy also goes with friends. We are individuals not a group. Individuals make their own decisions rather than group decisions. You seem obsessed with what chaddy or I do as individuals. I don't belong to a group Stuart. Indeed, until yesterday I hadn't realised that BRFCS is regarded as a group.

As this is continuing I thought id put forward my case why I think there should be a democratically elected panel of which I wanted to be part of.

My experience:

1. Founder of The BRFC Action Group.

2. Instigated and implemented the BRFC Action group becoming a Democratic entity which has a bank and constitution, with free membership where its members annually elect its committee via vote at the groups AGM

3. Former Secretary of the Rovers Trust

4. Former elected member of UK national Council of the football supporters federation.

5.Carried out investigation into blackburn rovers.

6. Took lead role in presenting case of BRFC to Premier League

7.Took lead role in presenting BRFC case to.FA

8.Took lead role in presenting BRFC case to football league

9.Took lead role with the MPs as my wingmen to present case of BRFC to parliament.

10. Carried out public speaking, chairing meetings football and business related over last 10 years to delegations in excess of 1500 people.

11. Held meetings on a professional level with many professional entities and People, including Mayors, MPS and a number of board of directors at Blackburn Rovers.

12. Experience of media including TV,Radio and Newspapers, worldwide.

13. Significant portfolio of media contacts and former player contacts

14.Hold a business degree

15. Director and shareholder of successful company who had some of the largest customers in the UK which include Network Rail and many of the well known Principle contractors.

16. Played leading role in organising the Legends match at Ewwod Park which was my idea and also secured significant sponsorship for the match which raised healthy funds for the FPA.

17. Know the case of Rovers better than most.

18. Given 5 years of my life, with me active on Rovers everyday , 7 days a week, taking hands on approach.

19.Former elected Chairman of the BRFC Action Group

I'm not sure if any of the current panel could put half of that down , whilst their claims of Maverick etc. I would counter as "a proactive , can do approach and attitude".

However I dont want WAR to be my judge, jury or executioner. As tbh, I shouldnt need to real out my CV as i have more experience than the lot of them put together!!!!

Again I ask , can we have a democratically elected panel which everyone can get behind, and a full explanation what quantifies the current panel more experienced than I.

Tin hat time

Who gives a f-ck about groups. It should just be spontaneous and uniting behind a common cause.

People really do need to get a grip and stop the petty, pathetic point scoring.

Glen, Madon and yoda should be included in any initiative, IMO.

What is clearly lacking is strong, no nonsense, no egos, leadership.

For me, WAR currently just mirrors BRFC but we're better than that aren't we?!

Perth - See the other thread, "Trusts Agenda Version 2" and Dan Grabko's detailed replies which seem to cover your questions.

Cheers CLB, a good read, Dan comes across very well, unfortunately does not quite answer the questions, nowhere was it mentioned previously that anybody on the "top table " for want of a better word had to be in a "group"

Unfortunately it does also raise questions regarding the Trust and the communication with its paying membership over the secretary fiasco.

As this is continuing I thought id put forward my case why I think there should be a democratically elected panel of which I wanted to be part of.

My experience:

1. Founder of The BRFC Action Group.

2. Instigated and implemented the BRFC Action group becoming a Democratic entity which has a bank and constitution, with free membership where its members annually elect its committee via vote at the groups AGM

3. Former Secretary of the Rovers Trust

4. Former elected member of UK national Council of the football supporters federation.

5.Carried out investigation into blackburn rovers.

6. Took lead role in presenting case of BRFC to Premier League

7.Took lead role in presenting BRFC case to.FA

8.Took lead role in presenting BRFC case to football league

9.Took lead role with the MPs as my wingmen to present case of BRFC to parliament.

10. Carried out public speaking, chairing meetings football and business related over last 10 years to delegations in excess of 1500 people.

11. Held meetings on a professional level with many professional entities and People, including Mayors, MPS and a number of board of directors at Blackburn Rovers.

12. Experience of media including TV,Radio and Newspapers, worldwide.

13. Significant portfolio of media contacts and former player contacts

14.Hold a business degree

15. Director and shareholder of successful company who had some of the largest customers in the UK which include Network Rail and many of the well known Principle contractors.

16. Played leading role in organising the Legends match at Ewwod Park which was my idea and also secured significant sponsorship for the match which raised healthy funds for the FPA.

17. Know the case of Rovers better than most.

18. Given 5 years of my life, with me active on Rovers everyday , 7 days a week, taking hands on approach.

19.Former elected Chairman of the BRFC Action Group

I'm not sure if any of the current panel could put half of that down , whilst their claims of Maverick etc. I would counter as "a proactive , can do approach and attitude".

However I dont want them to be my judge, jury or executioner.

Again I ask , can we have a democratically elected panel which everyone can get behind, and a full explanation what quantifies the current panel more experienced than I.

Tin hat time

Glen, why do you feel the need to try and justify yourself? Not necessary IMO. I've privately scoffed at you in the past, apologies for that but out of ignorance on my part rather than anything else.

Just keep doing what you're doing and remember that in so doing, there are plenty of folk sat waiting in the wings with no egos but with a common aim!

WE ARE The Rovers!!

I go to matches with a few friends. Chaddy also goes with friends. We are individuals not a group. Individuals make their own decisions rather than group decisions. You seem obsessed with what chaddy or I do as individuals. I don't belong to a group Stuart. Indeed, until yesterday I hadn't realised that BRFCS is regarded as a group.

This is not about individuals but groups of individuals and their collective, combined choices.

Wolves at Ewood basically polling day. Those who go to the game (and don't abstain) will vote with their feet for one of two options. They are either WITH the 18/75 protest, or AGAINST it. There are only two groups on the night. No middle ground.

Apparently everyone wants Venkys out. Well, this is our opportunity to demonstrate that we mean it. Granted it's very unlikely that they will hand over the keys the day after but it will demonstrate to the club, and therefore to Venkys, just how many people really believe enough is enough. It will either galvanise future protests or kill them. In the eyes of the media and Joe Public, those people travelling to India will be representing all those people who walked out, and those people who come down to protest outside. Will they be representing a minority or a majority?

Much like the first WAR meeting, this is about unity, and certainly not about individuals. I'm surprised that any football fan sees him or herself as just an individual going to a football match. That goes against the whole concept of We Are Rovers.

This is not about individuals but groups of individuals and their collective, combined choices.

Wolves at Ewood basically polling day. Those who go to the game (and don't abstain) will vote with their feet for one of two options. They are either WITH the 18/75 protest, or AGAINST it. There are only two groups on the night. No middle ground.

Apparently everyone wants Venkys out. Well, this is our opportunity to demonstrate that we mean it. Granted it's very unlikely that they will hand over the keys the day after but it will demonstrate to the club, and therefore to Venkys, just how many people really believe enough is enough. It will either galvanise future protests or kill them. In the eyes of the media and Joe Public, those people travelling to India will be representing all those people who walked out, and those people who come down to protest outside. Will they be representing a minority or a majority?

Much like the first WAR meeting, this is about unity, and certainly not about individuals. I'm surprised that any football fan sees him or herself as just an individual going to a football match. That goes against the whole concept of We Are Rovers.

This This and This. Great post

Hi,

This is my first post so be gentle.

I went to the fans meeting and I totally agree with taking the fight to India but we must send out the right group of people and the people on that top table were not the right people to send.We need people who are confident and know how to speak to the media or any other group they may come across.

I have every respect for those six and for all the hard work they have and are still doing but they need to have a long think about it and ask themselves who is the best person to do this.Is it me?

I noticed when they were speaking they were very nervous(understandably so).We cant have this in India we have to be organised,slick and professional.Passion alone is not going to win this war.We have got to be smart we have got to get the right people over to India.For me Glen has got to go his knowledge is invaluable he speaks well,he`s confident and lets face it he has the support of most of the supporters.

On the 1875 thing.i really don't think it`s going to work. I fear it will end up with fans shouting at fans.possibly fisty cuffs. it will end in a fiasco some leaving most staying.A little like a minutes silence,one person shouts then another shouts at them and so on and so on.

We need to be loud and proud,whistles banners, fireworks(outside).We need to get noticed.

As with most the protests Stuart numbers are key in the past Rovers fans have been generally submissive in what has been going on apart from the odd game like Bolton, when the whole ground seemed to erupt.

The 18 75 is a simple concept and easy to participate in, and a great chance for everyone to show the have had enough. If just hundreds do it you will have an Ewood Park with about 19,500 empty seats compared to the usual 20,000 and it will go largely unnoticed. It needs thousand to participate.

I hope it is time where fans will say enough is enough I'm not being submissive to this any longer. Recently we have had a handful of banners and sporadic chanting it needs stepping up.

Can you imagine the bickering if there was ever a fan takeover or position on the Board?

Any new 'independent' owner would be very wise to give a wide berth to all these groups and individuals.

The whiff of power almost invariably results in its own whiff of stench!

A new competent executive management would be very aware of the need to form effective relationships with the whole supporter base but at an appropriate arm's length.

Hi,

This is my first post so be gentle.

I went to the fans meeting and I totally agree with taking the fight to India but we must send out the right group of people and the people on that top table were not the right people to send.We need people who are confident and know how to speak to the media or any other group they may come across.

I have every respect for those six and for all the hard work they have and are still doing but they need to have a long think about it and ask themselves who is the best person to do this.Is it me?

I noticed when they were speaking they were very nervous(understandably so).We cant have this in India we have to be organised,slick and professional.Passion alone is not going to win this war.We have got to be smart we have got to get the right people over to India.For me Glen has got to go his knowledge is invaluable he speaks well,he`s confident and lets face it he has the support of most of the supporters.

On the 1875 thing.i really don't think it`s going to work. I fear it will end up with fans shouting at fans.possibly fisty cuffs. it will end in a fiasco some leaving most staying.A little like a minutes silence,one person shouts then another shouts at them and so on and so on.

We need to be loud and proud,whistles banners, fireworks(outside).We need to get noticed.

As one of those six you speak of, I can assure you I have no interest in going to India. Public speaking? not my favourite thing to be honest, but I'm pretty good at the protesting....... I think

Thanks for coming on the night though, the numbers where fantastic, you never know if 30 or 300 will turn up..... I hope this is an indicator that protests will be well attended.... Welcome to the board by the way, it will drive you to distraction some days, have you rolling in laughter on other and some days see you tempted to launch your laptop through the window.... a strangely addictive place though where all beleive it or not do share a common love.

Archived