BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

That's the complete opposite to what they're supposed to be doing!? Soft arses need to take a look at themselves and ask if they really want to be involved at all.

Glen, you carry on doing it your way, that's certainly the only way we're going to make inroads. We need to kick not lick their arses to get rid of them!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

From the We are Rovers about /mission statement from the face book page,

"It is not our objective to embarrass or vilify the Rao family or the Venky's group of companies, but it is necessary to outline some brief context for the strong depth of feeling that has united Rovers supporters groups behind the need for ownership change. Whilst some context is necessary, our focus is on the future and on positive outcomes. We want to help the Rao family reach a decision that protects their reputation as business people, which their continuing stewardship of the club is damaging so badly. "

Does that not go against some of the current initiatives of hit them on their own turf and embarrass them and their reputation?

Sounds like they are still stuck in the old mode of trying to reach out and talk to them. Great in principle but only works if the Raos are prepared to talk. They can't even be brought to the table.

That whole statement is so out of touch, it's staggering.

The soft and engaging approach has been tried countless times and ignored.

It's enough to make your head spin.

You can't have your cake, and eat it too.

I presume this is the result of too many chiefs and not enough indians (I know!) and the core message is getting lost in translation. Or perhaps (one step further) various people have contradicting agendas to push forward. Either way, it's fragmented and doesn't help the cause. This needs (and always has done) STRONG leadership.

Maybe not wanting to jeopardise a position on the board if the Rao's throw a bone is my guess.

Unfortunately again nobody has put their name to it ,so who knows, but does smack of a get out clause if certain things go belly up and enough wriggle room to grab the glory if they work..Its like the wild west out there

I see what you did there ^_^ brilliant!

Here's a thought.

To those people who aren't willing to leave on 75 minutes.

Are you prepared to stay behind, stay seated and refuse to leave? Showing solidarity with the principle if not the method?

All bases covered.

From the We are Rovers about /mission statement from the face book page,

"It is not our objective to embarrass or vilify the Rao family or the Venky's group of companies, but it is necessary to outline some brief context for the strong depth of feeling that has united Rovers supporters’ groups behind the need for ownership change. Whilst some context is necessary, our focus is on the future and on positive outcomes. We want to help the Rao family reach a decision that protects their reputation as business people, which their continuing stewardship of the club is damaging so badly. "

Does that not go against some of the current initiatives of hit them on their own turf and embarrass them and their reputation?

Absolutely it does. What's the plan--to warm their way into Venkys affections? To launch a charm offensive?

I'd suggest it shows the committee have little idea about the sort of people they are dealing with.

Is this why Glen can't be a member? Might be an obstacle to talks? Might say something "embarassing"?

Compromising principles from the very beginning.

Surely WAR is supposed to be an umbrella co-ordinating body?

Therefore nobody who is a Rovers supporter is excluded if they put themselves forward.

I've seen WAR referred to as an ''umbrella'' and also as a ''banner'', indeed ''banner'' is in the title of this thread.

Why then have a Logo which looks like a cheap rubber wristband.

We have creative people on here, eg perthblue, who could design it much better.

I've seen WAR referred to as an ''umbrella'' and also as a ''banner'', indeed ''banner'' is in the title of this thread.

Why then have a Logo which looks like a cheap rubber wristband.

We have creative people on here, eg perthblue, who could design it much better.

Not having Facebook or Twitter, is there a way to see this much maligned logo. I've yet to see it. More importantly, is there a way for anyone not on social media to read of WAR's musings that I'm missing?

Sounds like they are still stuck in the old mode of trying to reach out and talk to them. Great in principle but only works if the Raos are prepared to talk. They can't even be brought to the table.

Actually the bigger problem is willingness to talk or not Venkys don't give a stuff for us.

Even if they were talked to the result would be so. It'd just be dismissed. They. Don't. Care.

Oh and even if they did enter dialogue who would be daft enough to trust them with their record?!?!?!

Not having Facebook or Twitter, is there a way to see this much maligned logo. I've yet to see it. More importantly, is there a way for anyone not on social media to read of WAR's musings that I'm missing?

https://twitter.com/WeAreRovers1875

https://www.facebook.com/WeAreRovers

Try those links. Im not a Twatter but can open the Link.

"It is not our objective to embarrass or vilify the Rao family or the Venky's group of companies, but it is necessary to outline some brief context for the strong depth of feeling that has united Rovers supporters’ groups behind the need for ownership change. Whilst some context is necessary, our focus is on the future and on positive outcomes. We want to help the Rao family reach a decision that protects their reputation as business people, which their continuing stewardship of the club is damaging so badly. "

Crikey. So let's reach out and open a dialogue with them? Communication, baby. Because that approach has worked so well over the last 6 odd years.

It also spells out why Mullan is persona non grata, the lack of support for Madon's superb initiatives, and the non-sharing of the Sportkeeda article.

Damn shame.

Here's a thought.

To those people who aren't willing to leave on 75 minutes.

Are you prepared to stay behind, stay seated and refuse to leave? Showing solidarity with the principle if not the method?

All bases covered.

Stuart I love your enthusiasm, you talk really passionately about the protests and thats fantastic, we need more like you.

But you need to stop concentrating on people that aren't protesting and concentrate and ones that will in my opinion. I understand you want unity, we all do, but if protests at the likes of Villa and Newcastle are anything to go by we'll struggle to get anywhere near say 25% of the crowd joining in, I hope I'm wrong, but thats usually the case.

You can't influence what others will do on here, regardless of the amount of times you say it.

Stuart I love your enthusiasm, you talk really passionately about the protests and thats fantastic, we need more like you.

But you need to stop concentrating on people that aren't protesting and concentrate and ones that will in my opinion. I understand you want unity, we all do, but if protests at the likes of Villa and Newcastle are anything to go by we'll struggle to get anywhere near say 25% of the crowd joining in, I hope I'm wrong, but thats usually the case.

You can't influence what others will do on here, regardless of the amount of times you say it.

Couldn't disagree with you more, Gav. I appreciate you are trying to keep the peace but that's folly.

We need to turn non-protesters into protesters. Otherwise it'll be the same "1%" as last time and we will be dismissed.

It sounds like you are saying it's okay for people to help make the protests ineffective. It's really not.

Couldn't disagree with you more, Gav. I appreciate you are trying to keep the peace but that's folly.

We need to turn non-protesters into protesters. Otherwise it'll be the same "1%" as last time and we will be dismissed.

It sounds like you are saying it's okay for people to help make the protests ineffective. It's really not.

What I'm saying is you constantly berating posters on here will have quite the opposite effect in my opinion, I've been doing it for 3yrs asking for protest and everyone got sick to the back teeth of it.

Remonstrating at the ground is a different matter, but on here is just antagonistic because the audience is so small.

Love the enthusiasm though :tu:

With all due respect, Stu, he's right. You're wasting your time with the likes of chaddy and Parson. They're a lost cause when it comes to this sort of thing, and the harder you push them the more they'll digs their heels in.

Archived