BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get the impression that there is more than the Story than the Scottish gangsters? They appear as a side note, an opportunistic parasite that will attach itself to a larger beast! Or is there more to thier story???

No more on that link to come in blog as i never got any definate lead.

I even asked Paul Ferris if he had heard anything on grapevine n he didnt know of any link

Great reading.

I have skimmed through the last few days and it is so utterly pathetic. So many here are so busy trying to score points, carry on grudges, try and say 'I told you so', 'my dad is bigger than your dad', or 'you are wrong and you love Venky's'. When we are close to uniting, this ship of fools decides to snipe, whinge and bitch against everyone else. It is hard to think that you are grown ups when this site is full of people trying to be the big man and put down those who have actually tried to do something.

You know what? We almost deserve Venky's. We deserve the clusterf__k that is going on because all the so called fans cannot put aside their petty grievances against the fellow keyboard warriors and fight the common enemy. If you Blackburn natives cannot even stop yourselves willy waving and work out a common strategy then you are damaging the club with your petty squabbles. And before you say 'well what have you done?', well I shall admit that I've not fitted in the hours boring my family and friends with links on facebook but I am not someone who likes to obsess over finding links and pursuing one course of action above everything. I have a life here in Coventry, and sadly I am disillusioned with football.,

If Stalin and Churchill can unite, then all the people here should be able to shut the eff up, focus on the task at hand and smash the true enemy.

Deep that!

Pune rover not linked to venkys,

But yep slippery MG is of these shores n is a jock

Not doubting what you're saying but I'm pretty sure that the powers that be on this site once vouched for his authenticity via his email and ip address etc but I could be wrong.

He's not in contention for a start up front at Loftus Road tomorrow is he?

I hope people have started at one and are through to 7?

Not sure how many it will take but the story starts to unfold very quickly in the next 2 or 3 which hopefully will get peoole thinking a little

Its a very interesting story and having google some of the names and companies its gives you alot to think about.

It makes we wonder if Venkys are the owners or just part owner

I hope people have started at one and are through to 7?

Not sure how many it will take but the story starts to unfold very quickly in the next 2 or 3 which hopefully will get peoole thinking a little

To be honest I didn't even know you had a blog. I'm not on any forms of social media so this is where all get my Rovers info.

• Backroom

Not doubting what you're saying but I'm pretty sure that the powers that be on this site once vouched for his authenticity via his email and ip address etc but I could be wrong.

He's not in contention for a start up front at Loftus Road tomorrow is he?

Glen didn't say he wasn't in India though

Glen didn't say he wasn't in India though

No he didn't fair play.

Frightening eh, a Glaswegian in India with an affinity for a Blackburn Rovers fans messageboard. What could possibly be his/her motivation?

One thing that keeps nagging at me is why has no ex player, manager or member of staff come out in support? I know Salgados said a bit and Garns has said he'll be a voice for The new initiative but nobody has ever really said anything of substance, why? Surely they're not all subject to gagging orders?

Ok sorry to keep digging up old ground.

But I can honestly say stick your WAR where the sun don't shine.

After timeless request on this thread regarding the groups involved to RT anything Rovers related to aid a common goal, all that involved still refuse to do so.

Be that articles in indian press they have had nothing to do with, Madons Advert fund, the supporter etc.etc.etc.ect

You are self centred and are only interested in your selves.

So I propose a meeting, bring your committee of tail riders and I will bring me.

I urge everyone not involved in this charade to unite as it should of been and get an elected voice.

If these clowns can't bother to help other supporters efforts, they do not deserve the support of the supporters.

Im actually ashamed they have actually de-railed peoples efforts by their own self importance.

Just listened to supporters direct podcast and no disrespect to the guy on it, but he lacked any passion and i was actually falling asleep.

This is a Rovers Trust plug and im shocked the other groups have been sucked in.

I read earlier there had been no challenge to the trust board in 4 years, this needs to change, as they may be holding the concept, but quite frankly they are clueless.

I wanna see more passion , not songs of praise

Rant over

No he didn't fair play.

Frightening eh, a Glaswegian in India with an affinity for a Blackburn Rovers fans messageboard. What could possibly be his/her motivation?

No, Sergei / MG is the red headed Glasgow chap. Pune Rover is an international (apparently) man of mystery. But you should read his posts darren, go back a few days. Very interesting.

I also heard the Glasgow "Mafia" rumour years back, dismissed it as a step too far amongst all the other "stuff". Should have known better really, anythings plausible when there's millions upon millions of pounds involved - everyone wants a slice I'd imagine. And when everyone's getting a cut - well, I guess people in certain positions of power have to question whether or not to pursue things too hard or not. And, well, in that case, that's very generous of you. Leave it with me.

No, Sergei / MG is the red headed Glasgow chap. Pune Rover is an international (apparently) man of mystery. But you should read his posts darren, go back a few days. Very interesting.

I also heard the Glasgow "Mafia" rumour years back, dismissed it as a step too far amongst all the other "stuff". Should have known better really, anythings plausible when there's millions upon millions of pounds involved - everyone wants a slice I'd imagine. And when everyone's getting a cut - well, I guess people in certain positions of power have to question whether or not to pursue things too hard or not. And, well, in that case, that's very generous of you. Leave it with me.

"Time for bed" said Florence!

This is not about individuals but groups of individuals and their collective, combined choices.

Wolves at Ewood basically polling day. Those who go to the game (and don't abstain) will vote with their feet for one of two options. They are either WITH the 18/75 protest, or AGAINST it. There are only two groups on the night. No middle ground.

Apparently everyone wants Venkys out. Well, this is our opportunity to demonstrate that we mean it. Granted it's very unlikely that they will hand over the keys the day after but it will demonstrate to the club, and therefore to Venkys, just how many people really believe enough is enough. It will either galvanise future protests or kill them. In the eyes of the media and Joe Public, those people travelling to India will be representing all those people who walked out, and those people who come down to protest outside. Will they be representing a minority or a majority?

Much like the first WAR meeting, this is about unity, and certainly not about individuals. I'm surprised that any football fan sees him or herself as just an individual going to a football match. That goes against the whole concept of We Are Rovers.

Just because somebody does not want to boycott, does not mean they do not want venkys out.

Many Rovers supporters travel a long distance - train and hotel tickets booked in advance.

You can't hold it against them if they do not boycott.

The choice to boycott has to the choice of an individual. For some a boycott is the best way to do things - others do not agree.

Respect has to be given to both opinions.

I am coming up for the Sheff Weds game - I have business to conduct in the area - so intend to attend a match later.

Folk will go to the wolves match - Are people going to stand outside an hassle those going in?

Just because somebody does not want to boycott, does not mean they do not want venkys out.

Many Rovers supporters travel a long distance - train and hotel tickets booked in advance.

The choice to boycott has to the choice of an individual. For some a boycott is the best way to do things - others do not agree.

I am coming up for the Sheff Weds game - I have business to conduct in the area - so intend to attend a match later.

Folk will go to the wolves match - Are people going to stand outside an hassle those going in?

are you not prepared to do anything or are you just going to slag boycotters.

From the We are Rovers about /mission statement from the face book page,

"It is not our objective to embarrass or vilify the Rao family or the Venky's group of companies, but it is necessary to outline some brief context for the strong depth of feeling that has united Rovers supporters’ groups behind the need for ownership change. Whilst some context is necessary, our focus is on the future and on positive outcomes. We want to help the Rao family reach a decision that protects their reputation as business people, which their continuing stewardship of the club is damaging so badly. "

Does that not go against some of the current initiatives of hit them on their own turf and embarrass them and their reputation?

Well I am. At the risk of repeating myself one week on, well not at the risk at all, I will; it's all very well everyone banging about it on here. It means nothing. The LT report nothing. Radio Lancs think "it's all a terrible shame". Savage has said something, Sutton too. Garns is backing the We Are Rovers campaign (Iwhere was the "The" Darren?! Then again "We Are Rovers (The)" would have brought its own problems - but perhaps a picture of Lemmy would have been more emotive than that ring). Other than that we're just a bad team. Lots of mistakes made, all very unfortunate.

So so important.

What is the aim? Venkys out. Course it is. But what do we want them to do? In order to answer the question of the fan (we all know them) whose first response will be... "Oh yeah, great, and then what?" The aim of the 18/75 campaign should be, quite specifically, to try and "Persuade Venkys to put the club up for sale" It's a subtle difference.

It's a hearts and minds campaign, it has to be. Cause the vast majority of fans dont know what has gone on. "Click on this Drop Box link" - "Drop who?!"; you've immediately lost 60-70% of your target audience. "Look on Twitter, look on BRFCs" - "twatter?!? What the hell? BRFCs, I can't be doing with that, all that bickering, that bob bloke and that". "What about the article published in India on that website? Did you see it?" - "what article? Why wasn't it in the Telegraph if it's true?" Oh yes, sound familiar?

29 October. 10 games away. 4 home games. "It's ages off!?!!" Is it? Are we ready? Will we be ready? Shall we wear masks? (Really?!?) And it is WE. Whether your a member of The Action Group, The Fans Forum, The Rovers Trust, Post on BRFCS, a supporter of Glen, a friend of Ozz, SteB, Abbey and Paul, go home and away, are boycotting - whatever it is - I don't care. We are all Rovers fans.

I raise my hat to each and everyone who puts so much time into this. All of them. I just hope between everyone the messaging is right.

For if it is presented in the right manner, the right format, with the right amount of empathy and compassion (to those fans who, hey, might not be in the possession of the info you and I are), the facts that are out there - the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle that go a long way in explaining that our football club really is utterly broken; out of shape, skew whiff, off kilter (what's the bloody word I'm looking for?)

Then surely no one can complain and moan at "those bloody protesters, those bloody idiots with whistles" even if they themselves choose not to join in. For this is where we are and right now WE* are failing.

We'll not get everyone to join in. I'd be amazed if there was a thousand. All that can be done is get the facts out there. 4 home games, 4 different flyers, all building up to the 29th. Slightly different messaging every time... Build towards something.

I'm confident it's being worked on, just thought I'd put my twopenneth out there.

All in my opinion of course. And I appreciate my use of the word "we" * might grate when the best I can offer is attending a meeting last Thursday, a couple of hours on a post last Friday and now this.

Great points.

Get the right flyer - with the right people handing them out. The former face of Rovers season ticket campaign handing out boycott flyers within two seasons is a story in itself. Ex-Rover Simon Garner handing them out - woah!

How the message is presented is very important. Many Rovers fans get their info exclusively from the LT. Hopefully the LT being able to cover the meeting and subsequent stories gets it more into the local consciousness.

"It is not our objective to embarrass or vilify the Rao family or the Venky's group of companies, but it is necessary to outline some brief context for the strong depth of feeling that has united Rovers supporters’ groups behind the need for ownership change. Whilst some context is necessary, our focus is on the future and on positive outcomes. We want to help the Rao family reach a decision that protects their reputation as business people, which their continuing stewardship of the club is damaging so badly. "

Does that not go against some of the current initiatives of hit them on their own turf and embarrass them and their reputation?

WTF!!!

THEY HAVE EMBARASSED US ...WHY ALL THIS NICEY NICEY CRAP? :blink::angry2::angry2:

"It is not our objective to embarrass or vilify the Rao family or the Venky's group of companies, but it is necessary to outline some brief context for the strong depth of feeling that has united Rovers supporters groups behind the need for ownership change. Whilst some context is necessary, our focus is on the future and on positive outcomes. We want to help the Rao family reach a decision that protects their reputation as business people, which their continuing stewardship of the club is damaging so badly. "

That whole statement is so out of touch, it's staggering.

The soft and engaging approach has been tried countless times and ignored.

It's enough to make your head spin.

We (a sizeable majority) simply have to unite behind a course of action. It's very easy for someone to SAY they want Venkys out but the words are hollow when they aren't prepared to DO the bare minimum.

As for the bit in bold. What do you man by hassle? Giving someone a flyer? Yes, I'd support that. Calling someone a 'scab' or worse? No, I wouldn't support that.

If anything I am more concerned at this stage about fans who do walk out to be abused by 'sitters' saying they aren't 'real fans' and 'don't come back'. I hope that you would agree that is not on either.

That's why Bob's point about communication and the end goal bring clear and desirable is so vital. It's also important that the message is out there in the days/weeks building up (which is why waiting for the Sky cameras can work in our favour). There is time to get the flyer out there. A copy should also be sent to the LT - or perhaps use some of the funds raised to take out an ad in the LT.

What do we want? New owners

When do we want it? 5 years ago but today will do.

(Ste, I hope you're taking notes from this thread - especially Bob's post most importantly).

WTF!!!

THEY HAVE EMBARASSED US ...WHY ALL THIS NICEY NICEY CRAP? :blink::angry2::angry2:

Maybe not wanting to jeopardise a position on the board if the Rao's throw a bone is my guess.

Unfortunately again nobody has put their name to it ,so who knows, but does smack of a get out clause if certain things go belly up and enough wriggle room to grab the glory if they work..Its like the wild west out there

Archived