BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So you think it would be a good idea to annoy the people that you are trying to unite and break the law in the same movement?

We shouldnt be breaking the law in any action.

Should be peaceful and law abiding protest.

3 of the best sport journalists onside need so we need to keep onside

We shouldnt be breaking the law in any action.

Should be peaceful and law abiding protest.

3 of the best sport journalists onside need so we need to keep onside

Not sure that the journalists would stop writing pieces if there was a pitch invasion (for argument's sake - not that I'm condoning a pitch invasion).

But I think given how delicately poised and fragile the fanbase feeling is, trying to rally people to do something illegal would be counterproductive. That said, a two invaders racing to the centre circle with a banner like the New Order one would almost certainly be met with applause and a 'good on ya'.

Again, not condoning or promoting such action before the stewarding bill doubles (again)! :)

The overriding message for televised protests should be aimed at all football fans: "Take a good look. This could have been your club - and, under the current rules, still could be...". Venkys tenure and the authorities choosing to look away is an attack on all football fans, not just Rovers'.

Same question Chaddy , have YOU EVER broken the law ?

And a question for all those saying peaceful , law abiding and respectful protests ...

How did the poll tax get abolished ? How did the Berlin Wall come down ? Oooops that's two

You have taken it out of context. Glenn was saying WAR should email the entire supporter database that the trust had got hold of.

An absolute PR disaster if that happened and illegal.

Not exactly the smartest move.

Not sure that the journalists would stop writing pieces if there was a pitch invasion (for argument's sake - not that I'm condoning a pitch invasion).

But I think given how delicately poised and fragile the fanbase feeling is, trying to rally people to do something illegal would be counterproductive. That said, a two invaders racing to the centre circle with a banner like the New Order one would almost certainly be met with applause and a 'good on ya'.

Again, not condoning or promoting such action before the stewarding bill doubles (again)! :)

The overriding message for televised protests should be aimed at all football fans: "Take a good look. This could have been your club - and, under the current rules, still could be...". Venkys tenure and the authorities choosing to look away is an attack on all football fans, not just Rovers'.

Pitch invasion just get the club fined and hit the players/supporters not the owners.

Trying to get the people to do something illegal and IMO would be very counterproductive. Also People are risking their employment cos some companies wont hire you for a criminal record or could get sacked cos some business requires you to have a clean Criminal record to work them

Pitch invasion just get the club fined and hit the players/supporters not the owners.

Trying to get the people to do something illegal and IMO would be very counterproductive. Also People are risking their employment cos some companies wont hire you for a criminal record or could get sacked cos some business requires you to have a clean Criminal record to work them

Which is exactly what I said.

So you think it would be a good idea to annoy the people that you are trying to unite and break the law in the same movement?

God forbid that we should annoy anyone!

Technically almost anything can be against the law eg blowing whistles=public nuisance!

You are not going to politely and peacefully persuade the F.A to investigate Blackburn Rovers or persuade Venkys to bugger off.

Acquiring certain documents that aren't yours is illegal or certainly actionable but it's been a vital part of the story isn't it?

Do you actually want an outcome this century by the way?

You have taken it out of context. Glenn was saying WAR should email the entire supporter database that the trust had got hold of.

An absolute PR disaster if that happened and illegal.

Not exactly the smartest move.

Since you are so much smarter than Glen, what do you suggest?

Politely and respectfully to ask Venkys to leave is like politely asking a burglar to stop robbing your house or a thug to stop hitting you.

Initially very excited by WAR possibilities but their strategy is an utter letdown. They don't want to engage and won't change even if they engage so why bother? Pointless.

Embarrass them, hurt their core business and maybe they'll start to think about leaving.

:)

Yes, we do need to build that as a central message.

Politely and respectfully to ask Venkys to leave is like politely asking a burglar to stop robbing your house or a thug to stop hitting you.

Initially very excited by WAR possibilities but their strategy is an utter letdown. They don't want to engage and won't change even if they engage so why bother? Pointless.

Embarrass them, hurt their core business and maybe they'll start to think about leaving.

Reminds me of this...

Rimmer: Let's get tough. The time for talking is over. Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major -- and I mean major -- leaflet campaign, and while it's reeling from that, we'd follow up with a {whist} drive, a car boot sale, some street theatre and possibly even some benefit concerts. OK? Now, if that's not enough, I'm sorry, it's time for the T-shirts: "Mutants Out" ... "Chameleonic Life Forms, No Thanks" ... and if that's not enough, well, I don't know what will be.

I would like to see some female representation too.

I spoke with Marion at length a couple of days ago (she was passionate supporter at open floor meeting and have talked to her a few times before at similar events)

No one other than I had made any contact with her despite her throwing her hat in the ring.

Marion is a teacher by trade and certainly puts her thoughts across very well. We need supporters like this in any movement

I would like to see some female representation too.

I spoke with Marion at length a couple of days ago (she was passionate supporter at open floor meeting and have talked to her a few times before at similar events)

No one other than I had made any contact with her despite her throwing her hat in the ring.

Marion is a teacher by trade and certainly puts her thoughts across very well. We need supporters like this in any movement

Yes I mentioned her having a key role after the meeting but with no-one to look to to suggest her involvement it fell on deaf ears i suppose. The perfect spokesperson for any protests.

Reminds me of this...

Rimmer: Let's get tough. The time for talking is over. Call it extreme if you like, but I propose we hit it hard and hit it fast with a major -- and I mean major -- leaflet campaign, and while it's reeling from that, we'd follow up with a {whist} drive, a car boot sale, some street theatre and possibly even some benefit concerts. OK? Now, if that's not enough, I'm sorry, it's time for the T-shirts: "Mutants Out" ... "Chameleonic Life Forms, No Thanks" ... and if that's not enough, well, I don't know what will be.

Ha ha! Me too but thought it was too left field to post! Good one.

so noone from WAR is contacting anyone ? you couldnt make it up

The more I think about it the more I worry that it wasn't ever the intention to bring in new blood and ideas, despite the rhetoric on the night.

But these are busy people with day jobs, so lets give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

• Backroom

The more I think about it the more I worry that it wasn't ever the intention to bring in new blood and ideas, despite the rhetoric on the night.

But these are busy people with day jobs, so lets give them the benefit of the doubt for now.

I've had thoughts that the meeting from a RT point of view was to get support for Wayne's Pune trip and announce that as the way forward. He didn't seem happy when it was mentioned about the other delegations potential trip.

I also mentioned I think the name and logo were designed by RT before the meeting took place.

The title of this thread now couldn't be further from the truth this ended up being a big own goal and some recovery work is needed

Archived