BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fans Unite Under ‘We Are Rovers’ Banner

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, there is nothing to join as such, no membership, no committee, no rules.

Our aim is to come up with ideas and initiatives that will help persuade the Rao family to sell Blackburn Rovers.

So who exactly will decide which ideas to run with?

Blackburn Ender, where do we go if we have ideas? Will there be a process to submit ideas for protests?

Thanks

Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/WeAreRovers

Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/WeAreRovers1875

These are the best avenues. We have had a lot of people coming to us since last week's open meeting and it takes time to work out who's offering what and how best to use their ideas and skills.

Mr Blackburn Ender. Why have none of the groups retweeted the Indian articles that have been released in the past few days which have information in them that would be useful for their followers to know?

I would have thought they have? I'm not an expert on social media, but I'm pretty sure individuals have been doing just that.

Hi, we have a plan which will involve the FA, but can't go into detail. We are supportive of all efforts to uncover illegal activities, but my personal view is they don't exist. Stupidity and gullibility have been very much in evidence though....

We believe, like others do, that stepping up the campaign against the owners in India is possibly the most effective thing we can do. They don't listen to us here in Blackburn, so we are planning a high profile, high level campaign to reach the owners whether they like it or not. Again, you will understand the need for confidentiality at this stage.

Thanks for the reply. So for clarification, if you where tipped off on alledged illegal activities by say Nick Harris - in a hypothetical world - the group wouldn't investigate?

These are the best avenues. We have had a lot of people coming to us since last week's open meeting and it takes time to work out who's offering what and how best to use their ideas and skills.

I would have thought they have? I'm not an expert on social media, but I'm pretty sure individuals have been doing just that.

Not one of the official group accounts have as of the last time I checked.

I should be more specific.

This story.

http://b-a-b.uk/2cwVwNd

Hi Neil,

Has 'We Are Rovers' got any major coverage lined up in UK/ Indian newspapers? When are we likely to see this?

And also, echoing what another poster asked, is this campaign going to be sustained and hard-hitting in the manner of what Spirit of Shankly did at Liverpool?

So who exactly will decide which ideas to run with?

That's a good point. The four groups will agree an idea is worth pursuing and we'll get on with it. If you like it join in, if you don't like it don't.

It's not just about us either. Other fans are doing stuff too and we'll support them in any way we can.

It's an umbrella supporters can get under and do things collectively rather than apart.

There's a real concern for me that some people think we are doing this with some kind of personal agenda, self aggrandizement, want to see our names

in the papers or become a board director at Ewood Park.

I can only speak for myself and the other Rovers Trust people, but this kind of thinking is emphatically not true at all.

Have you spoken to any potential owners or have any communication from interested parties?

Question to Glen or We are Rovers person?

Yes. Again, this is another area where confidentiality is paramount. But yes, we are.

Of course, until the owners put the club up for sale, there are not buyers.

Fair play to you Neil. My question would be there is a large element of supporters who have stopped going as they (me and me mates) felt we are not on the same side as the owners. What do you plan to do to galvanise this immense anger from people who no longer attend?

By channelling our support for Rovers, our anger at the owners and our feeling of impotence into positive action that might hopefully bear fruit somewhere down the line.

We are dealing with people who have ignored us so far, so we won't know how successful we've been until they are out of the club one way or another.

I respect the people who go, I respect the people who don't.

we are a week on from the meeting- what exactly has been agreed regarding protests to this point?

Well, we've put a lot of effort into getting the We Are Rovers banner together, getting Simon Garner to agree to be involved.

Next step is to agree on what protest and which match.

Put your ideas forward and we'll look at them, but the one idea so far proposed is the 18 75 one.

It needs more thought as to how to make it as unified and successful as possible, but this could be the one.

• Backroom

Just to repeat:

What is going to be done differently now that wasn't tried in 2012 or 2013?

Can we be assured that action to remove Venky's will continue even if they sack Owen Coyle and bring in somebody better, such as Neil Warnock? Are all the groups committed to a long-haul fight, as opposed to suddenly making a u-turn and calling for calm and "getting behind the lads" should the owners make a rare positive decision such as the Paul Lambert appointment?

Hi Neil,

Has 'We Are Rovers' got any major coverage lined up in UK/ Indian newspapers? When are we likely to see this?

And also, echoing what another poster asked, is this campaign going to be sustained and hard-hitting in the manner of what Spirit of Shankly did at Liverpool?

There has been some excellent media coverage in India and in the UK with more to follow.

We'll do what we can to keep the campaign's profile as high as it warrants it.

By channelling our support for Rovers, our anger at the owners and our feeling of impotence into positive action that might hopefully bear fruit somewhere down the line.

We are dealing with people who have ignored us so far, so we won't know how successful we've been until they are out of the club one way or another.

I respect the people who go, I respect the people who don't.

We do need something to channel it towards. Garner is obviously a great focal point, but we need a weekly thing.

Sounds like you are willing to take on all ideas/views/info/allegations. There is a vast array of talent on here, sure you will use it wisely.

Well, we've put a lot of effort into getting the We Are Rovers banner together, getting Simon Garner to agree to be involved.

Next step is to agree on what protest and which match.

Put your ideas forward and we'll look at them, but the one idea so far proposed is the 18 75 one.

It needs more thought as to how to make it as unified and successful as possible, but this could be the one.

In my opinion, we need a form of protest at every game- not just Wolves.

Theres plenty of ideas for protests - it needs some co-ordination to have a mechanism for these to be put forward, debated, and agreed upon. Maybe thats a twitter poll, a poll on here etc, but someone needs to organise it.

Can I ask a question how long do you think this is going to take in trying to convince the owners to sell, is this going to happen within weeks,months or years? Also why is Glen being kept out of any plans, surely it would be better to have glen onside with all his contacts and the info he has achieved up to date after all our main focus is to remove the venkys isn't it

There has been some excellent media coverage in India and in the UK with more to follow.

We'll do what we can to keep the campaign's profile as high as it warrants it.

But again, and this relates to what I asked earlier which you may have missed my response too, why have none of the groups publicised the fact that the Indian media have published a story that gets everything out there and can at least give all fans a little insight of the past five years? This one articles has had nearly a half a million hits and is being talked about on a lot of football message boards, reddit etc by fans of other teams, which is what we need, yet our fan groups won't talk about it.

Why are the groups ignoring this article?

Link below for the story

http://b-a-b.uk/2cwVwNd

Just to repeat:

What is going to be done differently now that wasn't tried in 2012 or 2013?

Can we be assured that action to remove Venky's will continue even if they sack Owen Coyle and bring in somebody better, such as Neil Warnock? Are all the groups committed to a long-haul fight, as opposed to suddenly making a u-turn and calling for calm and "getting behind the lads" should the owners make a rare positive decision such as the Paul Lambert appointment?

Sorry DE, here we go....

I think the main difference will be taking the campaign to India, to Pune, plus some other ideas we have.

From my personal point of view, I want the Venky's out of my club. I don't care who they appoint as manager.

I got into this because I believe football clubs should be owned by their supporters. That view will not change.

We want 100% ownership or shares in a new ownership.

We tried to persuade the club/Venky's to give the fans a small but significant shareholding to start to turn things around, but obviously that fell on deaf ears like everything else.

Can I ask a question how long do you think this is going to take in trying to convince the owners to sell, is this going to happen within weeks,months or years? Also why is Glen being kept out of any plans, surely it would be better to have glen onside with all his contacts and the info he has achieved up to date after all our main focus is to remove the venkys isn't it

Who knows? They've been here six years now. Could be a week, a month or never. They don't talk!

• Backroom

Sorry DE, here we go....

I think the main difference will be taking the campaign to India, to Pune, plus some other ideas we have.

From my personal point of view, I want the Venky's out of my club. I don't care who they appoint as manager.

I got into this because I believe football clubs should be owned by their supporters. That view will not change.

We want 100% ownership or shares in a new ownership.

We tried to persuade the club/Venky's to give the fans a small but significant shareholding to start to turn things around, but obviously that fell on deaf ears like everything else.

Thanks for the response. One thing I noticed from pulling together articles was how much bad publicity Venky's got in 2012 and 2013, in India as much as over here. Unfortunately it didn't seem to have much affect. I like the idea of getting stuff in the Indian press and absolutely endorse that, but I feel like there needs to be a little more to really make them squirm. Hopefully yourselves or Glen will come up with something that really drives it home.

Glad to hear the aim is new ownership and nothing else. That's exactly what it needs to be at this point. No negotiation, no compromises - they've had six years, they've failed miserably. Time's up and they've got to go.

Archived