BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich At Home 15.10.16

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was reading the Huddersfield manager the other day saying they had a full behind doors game last weekend to keep the legs going whilst there wasn't a game. Also they seemed to have been training straight through working on stuff.

Do we think for one min Mr Doughnut had our lot doing that ? More like they've had a week off again in between. Talk about a going through the motions holiday camp, why the hell do you need to use 3 subs after they've not had a game for 2 weeks ?

He certainly wasn't subbing them to change tack and have a good go but surely it can't have been fatigue !

I thought we did, against Stanley

I thought we did, against Stanley

Hudds played theirs last Fri i think as a replacement for a missing weekend game. Sounds like we played ours on Tuesday and it sounds like a lot of youth involved.

A team playing a first team game to re create a matchday situation to keep the players busy and focused or one just going through the motions doing a regular training game ?

I don't know the ins and outs its just second hand info but i'd suggest a team in our position and as unfamiliar and disjointed as we are should be pulling out just as many stops trying to get it right on the training ground as one with an eye on promotion. Maybe they have been and the result was our clean sheet but there is no need for these Bowyeresqe weeks off every international break anymore seeing as we've flogged most of the internationals !

It was an absolute forking disgrace.

If Coyle can take any positive out of that then he is the most insipid human being in football. It was worse than Kean at Spurs and that for me has to be the worst game in my living memory and we at Ewood have seen some shockers in recent years.

Just over 10000 home fans on the ground. I have to continually question if anyone behind the scenes are wondering why?

Cheston and Coar, Pasha and who ever can go to hell, Tuesday will see a sub 10k league attendance as more fans stay away.

It was an absolute forking disgrace.

If Coyle can take any positive out of that then he is the most insipid human being in football. It was worse than Kean at Spurs and that for me has to be the worst game in my living memory and we at Ewood have seen some shockers in recent years.

Just over 10000 home fans on the ground. I have to continually question if anyone behind the scenes are wondering why?

Cheston and Coar, Pasha and who ever can go to hell, Tuesday will see a sub 10k league attendance as more fans stay away.

Deep down Cheston, Pasha and Coar will all know why there are official gates of barely 10,000 (in reality we're looking more like 8,000 people actually in the building).

But rather than face up to the reality of the situation and try to do something serious about it, I expect more head in the sand stuff. I expect that over the coming 12 months we will see an increase in the Cheston propaganda machine. He'll love nothing more than to present a series of facts and figures to try and convince those Rovers fans who still go to games that our decline is/was natural, that ultimately we can't expect any more because we're from a small town with small gates and we can't compete with the city clubs. He'll be helped along in this process by an eager Lancashire Telegraph who will warmly embrace the 'small town small club' culture, and I expect so will an element of the Rovers support.

Of course most people know that its a ludicrous theory purely designed to try and put heads in the sand and deflect from the real issues at stake and make some people feel better about the situation when we're languishing in the 3rd/4th division.

I hear we played a match yesterday!

I believe the team didn't show up. I know the owners didn't show up I know for a fact that I didn't show up.

The type of appalling football that was apparently on display yesterday is due to the asset stripping that the club/team has been subject to over 6 years.

The only way to change this and get some pride back is if NOBODY shows up. Maybe then people will take notice.

Complete boycott must be our aim.

Why sit through a match like this ? there will be more to come.

Make your voice heard with your ABSENCE. An empty stadium is the only way

I just can't understand why Coyle was happy as larry with a point. Has the imbecile seen the ruddy table? Cardiff and Villa will pull away easily which will leave us stranded before long.

Its all about staying in the job for as long as possible. As long as he avoids defeats and can point to some sort of 'progress', in this case a clean sheet and not losing, then he can probably ensure he stays in the job for another week. Draws and a win here and there might well keep us in with a theoretical chance of survival. This league is so poor that as long as you keep the points ticking over and don't get cut adrift of the teams around you then when April/May come round a few freak results can see a last minute climbing of the table.

This is what Coyle did at Burnley and what he ultimately has built a decade long managerial career and millions of pounds in pay-offs around, and which he'll be hoping to do here.

Put the 1875 on hold for now as it sounds like it'll flop. Call for an all out boycott and you might get some who are against the 1875 actually taking part in it. Easy to stay away on a Sat evening when your brassed off and as well as those STs who'll choose to watch it on the box anyway you might get some of these so called super fans swerving it as well. Not that are boycotting of course, they'll just be busy :P

Of course plenty will still go but with believable rumours there was only 7.5k home fans in the ground yesterday you'll easy knock another couple of thousand off that. A five thousand or sub crowd actually in the ground will be impossible to ignore and if it's publicised properly the media will broadcast just why.

Of course it'll announced as 10k+ whatever Wolves bring but it'll be obvious that's not the case and those watching will get the idea.

I'm up for 18/75 shame allot of our fans are letting the majority down. I was invited to a company cooperate dinner down in London where there is a business of corporate transparency on Saturday so the Miss Dunn FC planned a weekend away. I was gutted to learn on twitter Glen was in Manchester the other day for the next day Shaw hearing and i missed him! Hope to catch up soon.

Make no mistake we are Happy clapping our way to failure.

What get's me is they post displeasure on the regime and performances on a Saturday but won't do anything about it? This Saturday will become the norm until several give there head a wobble and invite/participate in action.

I've spoken to Man City/Utd/ Burnley/ Preston & Wigan fans this weekend in the pub etc who have recently become aware of the issues at our club through the internet leaks and the #VenkysOut links.

Everyone is appalled but can't understand what we are doing "accepting" it...Tried correcting them but they drew comparisons of what L2 Blackpool do. Enough Said. Also If it was there club from a wigan point of view they would do x,y,z.

Forget the diehard speak.. i've other words for it...

Bottlers. - ABBEY is spot on over this. BRFC died when Venkys owned the club, you are not supporting the lads or the club but this version of torture if you continue.

Bottlers. - ABBEY is spot on over this. BRFC died when Venkys owned the club, you are not supporting the lads or the club but this version of torture if you continue.

Because too many have the mindset that 1) we can't change anything, 2) football is all that matters, 3) it's been worse in the seventies.

How do you overcome that?

Because too many have the mindset that 1) we can't change anything, 2) football is all that matters, 3) it's been worse in the seventies.

How do you overcome that?

That's the question. No doubt of a word this site and Rovers fans generally care about the club, it can't be disputed but "Support" can be displaced in many forms.

But those in support have to be centrifugal to the protests, they have to move and change with supporters whether it be actions taken by not just individuals but group movements. I believe it is hurting everyone who isn't going to games but even so being parsimonious isn't enough. It's helping deriding the club of monetary resources but that is something in which is easily over come i.e selling a player. That's a long term game, relegation isn't, it's half a season if best.

Very much central to anything changing is uniform and being able to ex-cogitate, i.e think out plans and act upon these together. Which is why i was dismayed at how many attended on this board but couldn't help hand out leaflets beforehand on Saturday?

Question is who attended and knew about the leaflets but did nothing this weekend? I'd love to know your thoughts/opinions or if you are able to come forward even?

I'm up for 18/75 shame allot of our fans are letting the majority minority down. I was invited to a company cooperate dinner down in London where there is a business of corporate transparency on Saturday so the Miss Dunn FC planned a weekend away. I was gutted to learn on twitter Glen was in Manchester the other day for the next day Shaw hearing and i missed him! Hope to catch up soon.

Make no mistake we are Happy clapping our way to failure.

What get's me is they post displeasure on the regime and performances on a Saturday but won't do anything about it? This Saturday will become the norm until several give there head a wobble and invite/participate in action.

I've spoken to Man City/Utd/ Burnley/ Preston & Wigan fans this weekend in the pub etc who have recently become aware of the issues at our club through the internet leaks and the #VenkysOut links.

Everyone is appalled but can't understand what we are doing "accepting" it...Tried correcting them but they drew comparisons of what L2 Blackpool do. Enough Said. Also If it was there club from a wigan point of view they would do x,y,z.

Forget the diehard speak.. i've other words for it...

There corrected it for you.

Do one! I don't know why you even come here from India Burnley ;)

But I am right. Ain't I? We will know after the wolves game for sure. But just ask anyone else who thinks that 1875 is going to be a huge hit. There is a difference between being optimistic and being realistic.

But I am right. Ain't I? We will know after the wolves game for sure. But just ask anyone else who thinks that 1875 is going to be a huge hit. There is a difference between being optimistic and being realistic.

Says your IP address in Burnley...

Pour yerself another Bene lad

The point is you cannot stop everyone from going to the game. The only way we are going to make 1875 successful is by somehow stopping everyone from attending the game. Anything less than that and its going to be a huge disappointment.

Archived