BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Ipswich At Home 15.10.16

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The point is you cannot stop everyone from going to the game. The only way we are going to make 1875 successful is by somehow stopping everyone from attending the game. Anything less than that and its going to be a huge disappointment.

"WE" HAHA

But I am right. Ain't I? We will know after the wolves game for sure. But just ask anyone else who thinks that 1875 is going to be a huge hit. There is a difference between being optimistic and being realistic.

That's because thousands of supporters have walked away and play no part in Rovers activities anymore. We used to have 25000 pre-Venkys you know.

That's the real silent majority not the 5 or 6000 appeasers you champion from Burnley.

The point is you cannot stop everyone from going to the game. The only way we are going to make 1875 successful is by somehow stopping everyone from attending the game. Anything less than that and its going to be a huge disappointment.

You have just said, "you cannot stop everyone from attending the game" then gone on to say that "the only way" to make 1875 successful is"by somehow stopping everyone from attending the game" and then concluded that "Anything less than that and it's going to be a huge disappointment"!!!

A load of contradictory rubbish about something you do not want to succeed because you are NOT A ROVER.

You have just said, "you cannot stop everyone from attending the game" then gone on to say that "the only way" to make 1875 successful is"by somehow stopping everyone from attending the game" and then concluded that "Anything less than that and it's going to be a huge disappointment"!!!

A load of contradictory rubbish about something you do not want to succeed because you are NOT A ROVER.

I'm trying not to post as much but please dont reply to that shitstain, it makes his opinion worth more than what it is...

The saddest part of this whole horrific 6 years of Venkys ownership for me is more and more starting to take place, fan vs fan.

Everybody has views on how they follow their club, some want to take action organise boycotts/protests to feel sometimes for their own sanity in Rovers case to feel like they are doing something. Others simply "go to the games" out of duty, socially or whatever but that's what they do. As fans of the same club surely both sides have to be respected?

Maybe doing something which requires mass participation (1875) isn't the best idea when a reasonable balanced prediction would be circa 10-30% would get involved. The leaflet handing out on Saturday by suggestion on here didn't really get started, Tuesday will be even less well attended so the chances are again slimming down for mass participation vs Wolves. Has any thought been given as to whether the walk out might not be as successful as initially hoped?

It's only fair that I give my thoughts and reasons for them. Venkys have their foot on our throats and will only release it when they decide, I personally thought that would be £100 million debt, then £120+ and that has been and passed so I have no idea.

Mass embarrassment has already been dealt out, Indian media has covered our fall out, numerous polls and national media stories have covered them as the worst owners in football but in reality what does that achieve, a few there there's and people click onto the next story on the web. Most football clubs have their own problems, we look to Blackpool, Charlton etc we are one of many!

For all coverage of the ownership and feeling sorry for the fans, most articles always have lines covering in different words "but Blackburn did start the trend of overspending", "mega rich owners", "living beyond your means". So yes I appreciate getting mass coverage is great but let's be honest, we aren't particularly well loved throughout the country for our greatest ever fans' exploits.

Who is here ready to buy us? If said group, person or persons was here and vocal they would be carried by 20,000 delerious fans to Ewood, but there isn't. Seneca wanted a partnership with Venkys, the Rovers Trust have stated on here that they have minimal funds and actually wouldn't welcome Uncle Jack mk2 unless he let them onto the board. All this makes the attending fan think, we don't have any hope until Venkys get bored as debt, ridicule and a 60-70% reduction in fans turning up hasn't shifted them.

With regards to the 8000 still attending, they aren't stopping the owners walking away. The season ticket sales probably fund 4-6 weeks of running the club. So financially they barely make a dint on helping the club. The owners don't feel love and loyalty towards the 8000, they couldn't care less so that isn't stopping them walking away so that can't be aimed at those still attending. Those attending simply want to watch BRFC which should be accepted by all.

I respect boycotters, I respect protests. I simply don't think they will work. I'd prefer to be part of something that is planning on what can be done when the owners do eventually walk away, is it realistic that a fan led group can be assembled and have the funds, knowledge to run the club?? I don't know. In terms of what am I doing now to rid the club of the owners .. maybe rightly or wrongly nothing! Am I willing to be part of something for when they are bored and toss us aside and we are at our lowest, most humiliated point ABSOLUTELY!!!!

The saddest part of this whole horrific 6 years of Venkys ownership for me is more and more starting to take place, fan vs fan.

Everybody has views on how they follow their club, some want to take action organise boycotts/protests to feel sometimes for their own sanity in Rovers case to feel like they are doing something. Others simply "go to the games" out of duty, socially or whatever but that's what they do. As fans of the same club surely both sides have to be respected?

With regards to the 8000 still attending, they aren't stopping the owners walking away. The season ticket sales probably fund 4-6 weeks of running the club. So financially they barely make a dint on helping the club. The owners don't feel love and loyalty towards the 8000, they couldn't care less so that isn't stopping them walking away so that can't be aimed at those still attending. Those attending simply want to watch BRFC which should be accepted by all.

Agree totally Cesus with the first 2 paragraphs

However - with regards to the 8000 or so (if correct ) this is the crux of the thought process amongst many of those who don't attend - as you state the owners don't give two flying clucks about anybody who attends and as for those to simply want to watch BRFC that can't be true as evidenced yet again on here as they are complaining moreso after every game and goes to towards fact they expect and want more - which will just not happen whilst the circus continues

As I have said before - there is too much direct correlation of what has/is happening off the pitch to what has/is happening on it that cannot be ignored regardless of whether anybody wants to 'simply' watch BRFC (yet many still cannot see this) - and by doing so is just accepting the situation and defeats any arguments/moans or complaints they air on here or anywhere else

Its not about taking a stance of totally giving up on Rovers - more a stance of giving your voice of displeasure ( and action if you feel strongly enough) to any exercise/protest etc

Maybe doing something which requires mass participation (1875) isn't the best idea when a reasonable balanced prediction would be circa 10-30% would get involved. The leaflet handing out on Saturday by suggestion on here didn't really get started, Tuesday will be even less well attended so the chances are again slimming down for mass participation vs Wolves. Has any thought been given as to whether the walk out might not be as successful as initially hoped?

It's only fair that I give my thoughts and reasons for them. Venkys have their foot on our throats and will only release it when they decide, I personally thought that would be £100 million debt, then £120+ and that has been and passed so I have no idea.

Mass embarrassment has already been dealt out, Indian media has covered our fall out, numerous polls and national media stories have covered them as the worst owners in football but in reality what does that achieve, a few there there's and people click onto the next story on the web. Most football clubs have their own problems, we look to Blackpool, Charlton etc we are one of many!

For all coverage of the ownership and feeling sorry for the fans, most articles always have lines covering in different words "but Blackburn did start the trend of overspending", "mega rich owners", "living beyond your means". So yes I appreciate getting mass coverage is great but let's be honest, we aren't particularly well loved throughout the country for our greatest ever fans' exploits.

Who is here ready to buy us? If said group, person or persons was here and vocal they would be carried by 20,000 delerious fans to Ewood, but there isn't. Seneca wanted a partnership with Venkys, the Rovers Trust have stated on here that they have minimal funds and actually wouldn't welcome Uncle Jack mk2 unless he let them onto the board. All this makes the attending fan think, we don't have any hope until Venkys get bored as debt, ridicule and a 60-70% reduction in fans turning up hasn't shifted them.

I respect boycotters, I respect protests. I simply don't think they will work. I'd prefer to be part of something that is planning on what can be done when the owners do eventually walk away, is it realistic that a fan led group can be assembled and have the funds, knowledge to run the club?? I don't know. In terms of what am I doing now to rid the club of the owners .. maybe rightly or wrongly nothing! Am I willing to be part of something for when they are bored and toss us aside and we are at our lowest, most humiliated point ABSOLUTELY!!!!

What an excellent post. Did I actually read you right, that the Rovers Trust wouldn't welcome Jack Mk 2 etc. unless he/she/they actually let them on the Board?

Christ on a bike.

What is it that makes people think they have a divine right to own a share of the Club without putting any money forward themselves?.

If an individual or protest group came forward that didn't want to boost their own profile, or whose intention was to work selflessly for the benefit of the Club without necessarily needing to benefit by acquiring a seat on the Board and/or sole or part ownership of the Club for nothing it might be possible to take them a lot more seriously.

As far as the 1875 protest is concerned I don't know how the concept is viewed generally by the dwindling few who still bother to attend matches. Personally I think I could go with not entering the ground until the 18th minute to send a message but would not particularly want to walk out on 75. If people do want to do either both or neither then both sides should respect the other's decision. I'd suggest those who want to stay give a rousing round of applause to those walking out.

However - with regards to the 8000 or so (if correct ) this is the crux of the thought process amongst many of those who don't attend - as you state the owners don't give two flying clucks about anybody who attends and as for those to simply want to watch BRFC that can't be true as evidenced yet again on here as they are complaining moreso after every game and goes to towards fact they expect and want more - which will just not happen whilst the circus continues

As I have said before - there is too much direct correlation of what has/is happening off the pitch to what has/is happening on it that cannot be ignored regardless of whether anybody wants to 'simply' watch BRFC (yet many still cannot see this) - and by doing so is just accepting the situation and defeats any arguments/moans or complaints they air on here or anywhere else

With respect I think you're insulting the intelligence of those that continue to attend there Cap. Everyone can see our position on the pitch is directly correlated to Venky's period of ownership. Nor does anyone "accept" the situation in the sense they're in any way happy with it.

There is however a point though when you have to be realistic and accept that whilst it would be wonderful if Venky's could be forced out tomorrow and we could all live happily ever after, we are 100m plus in debt and there is no-one out there as far as I am aware with sufficient means who is interested in taking over the running of the Club.

So the people you criticise are perhaps not so much "accepting" or weak and spineless as is often suggested by others on here but people who have made a conscious decision to be strong enough not to be railroaded into a course of action with no apparent "Plan B" in place.

If Venky's could be persuaded to write off their proportion of the debt or the hypothetical "Jack Walker Mark 2" could be located by any of the protestors then of course the situation would become entirely different.

I genuinely think that if someone set up an FC Blackburn in the lower leagues, with a bit of backing (like Salford), then there would be a good chance of them getting a higher attendance than Rovers in 3 or 4 years time if Venkys are still around. Many of those boycotting would love to get behind a local team again who were being run by people who cared.

I genuinely think that if someone set up an FC Blackburn in the lower leagues, with a bit of backing (like Salford), then there would be a good chance of them getting a higher attendance than Rovers in 3 or 4 years time if Venkys are still around. Many of those boycotting would love to get behind a local team again who were being run by people who cared.

I'm one of those people.

I just can't understand why Coyle was happy as larry with a point. Has the imbecile seen the ruddy table? Cardiff and Villa will pull away easily which will leave us stranded before long.

Coyle delighted, McCarthy disappointed.

Tells you everything you need to know about the game and the managers involved.

There is however a point though when you have to be realistic and accept that whilst it would be wonderful if Venky's could be forced out tomorrow and we could all live happily ever after, we are 100m plus in debt and there is no-one out there as far as I am aware with sufficient means who is interested in taking over the running of the Club.

So the people you criticise are perhaps not so much "accepting" or weak and spineless as is often suggested by others on here but people who have made a conscious decision to be strong enough not to be railroaded into a course of action with no apparent "Plan B" in place.

I think the people using reasoning that no one will buy us, are looking for excuses to do nothing. The focus of the recent WAR initiative isn't to force the owners out, but to encourage the owners to put the club up for sale - just as the trustees did.

I think the people using reasoning that no one will buy us, are looking for excuses to do nothing. The focus of the recent WAR initiative isn't to force the owners out, but to encourage the owners to put the club up for sale - just as the trustees did.

Fair enough. Lets say the owners do put up the club on sale. At what price? and who will buy? Obviously if someone was the offer 120 mil obviously we would have new owners the very next day. But that is not going to happen. Its a question of price although most people on here do not like to talk about the money. Find [and prove in the court of law]something illegal or cough up the dough. Those IMO were and are the only 2 ways to get rid.

Fair enough. Lets say the owners do put up the club on sale. At what price? and who will buy? Obviously if someone was the offer 120 mil obviously we would have new owners the very next day. But that is not going to happen. Its a question of price although most people on here do not like to talk about the money. Find [and prove in the court of law]something illegal or cough up the dough. Those IMO were and are the only 2 ways to get rid.

The club is only worth what someone is willing to pay. 120 million for what they have left us with? No chance.

The club is only worth what someone is willing to pay. 120 million for what they have left us with? No chance.

Obviously its not worth that much. Which is precisely why we cant get rid of them because nobody else will pay that kind of crazy monies. Which is precisely what the Venky's want.

It all depends on the nature of the overall debt but we've already had an offer of a 51% 60 million investment. Strange that keeps getting ignored when people wail 'but who will buy us'.

Obviously that was before millions of pounds worth of players had been cashed and if the money has disappeared the debt will probably have grown again. With a modest external debt i still think the V's could recoup a large chunk of the purchase price.

It all depends on the nature of the overall debt but we've already had an offer of a 51% 60 million investment. Strange that keeps getting ignored when people wail 'but who will buy us'.

Obviously that was before millions of pounds worth of players had been cashed and if the money has disappeared the debt will probably have grown again. With a modest external debt i still think the V's could recoup a large chunk of the purchase price.

The recent fire sale and the 60 mil from the Ians should have got them a good chunk, unfortunately it was a either/or they could not have got both. Else they could have easy got 60 [from the Ians, assuming that was the price] and another 20-25 odd from the recent sale of players. That makes it about 80-85 odd million, which is not bad at all. I think another such offer can get rid, and we could still be in the championship and build from there. We did not have the players to get promotion even when the Ians made their bid. So effectively they would have nothing to loose.

The Ians bid was investment money as far as i can gather. I don't think they were just going to hand over 60 million in return for a controlling stake. I'd suspect if they were their hands might have been snatched off !

The Ians bid was investment money as far as i can gather. I don't think they were just going to hand over 60 million in return for a controlling stake. I'd suspect if they were their hands might have been snatched off !

Always wondered if Barry Blings best mate tantric tied up a nice % coming to him and the investment fund if the club was sold

Always wondered if Barry Blings best mate tantric tied up a nice % coming to him and the investment fund if the club was sold

Now the carcass is nearly bare you'd think they'd be encouraging Barry to sell then in order to bleed their final % out of it. Unless of course they've got the green light to fill it up with your staff and players again.

Archived