BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can't see The Cresent pub, Intack on that list. That's being turned into an Islamic centre.

That's seen as a great way to use an old run down building where I live, but it's a excuse to bitch and moan about the Asian community in Blackburn.

Sad really.

That's seen as a great way to use an old run down building where I live, but it's a excuse to bitch and moan about the Asian community in Blackburn.

Sad really.

Not by everyone it would seem

http://www.yourlocalguardian.co.uk/news/10718210.Fierce_debate_over_Islamic_centre_proposed_for_Worcester_Park_Tavern/

mind you they have a long way to go to catch up on Blackburn's lost pubs

http://www.worcesternews.co.uk/news/14264470.IN_PICTURES__Do_you_remember_these_23_lost_pubs_in_Worcester/

Sad really.

Exactly, and what's the difference? Blackburners are inherently more racist than people from Worcestershire? Or a tiny change to a community is a pleasant novelty and a complete transformation of a community can be unnerving and cause friction?

Do you know what an Islamic Centre actually is and what goes on in one? I don't but I assume you must if you're sure its a great way to use a building. There's one on my friend's street. When its in use cars are parked on double yellows up and down the street and neighbouring streets, when people come out (which can be as late as 11pm on week nights) tens of them stand in the street chatting, and on really big events you get a fair amount of litter dropped in the street too.

Wouldn't be something I'd be over the moon about popping up say opposite me on my road. But I guess I'm in a minority with house prices in Blackburn being so high.

Noisy people coming out of social venues, litter in the streets, drivers breaking parking laws, acceptable obviously when whites do it but in this poster's case just another stick with which to beat Muslims. It's pathetic. He hasn't a clue what goes on in an Islamic Centre but is prepared to to assume the worst because he's one of the inherently racist Blackburn people. Perhaps he should move to Worcestershire where no doubt he'd feel more at home.

Wasn't there a report last year that if we diverted the cost of launching one missile at Syria, we could end homelessness in this country within 6 months or a year or something?

Will try looking it up.

If we reversed the latest rounds of corporation tax cuts, we could pay for the gap in social care funding, and have plenty spare.

Noisy people coming out of social venues, litter in the streets, drivers breaking parking laws, acceptable obviously when whites do it but in this poster's case just another stick with which to beat Muslims. It's pathetic. He hasn't a clue what goes on in an Islamic Centre but is prepared to to assume the worst because he's one of the inherently racist Blackburn people. Perhaps he should move to Worcestershire where no doubt he'd feel more at home.

if you want drivers parking on double yellows and getting away with go and look around Whaley range and stop trolling

if you want drivers parking on double yellows and getting away with go and look around Whaley range and stop trolling

I wouldn't normally respond to one of your posts because you've nothing worthwhile to say but I've seen the parking there, and I've seen them in other ["white"] areas too.

I'd love to know where this prat lives. The hypocrisy of slating people for complaining about problems you never have to deal with is almost rage-inducing.

What a charming human being.

Need to make a mental note. You believe that discrimination against women is acceptable / justifiable due to religious practises. In Britain. In 2017.

Have I got that right?

Stuart you know better than that. Here is what I posted:

I'm 100% for sexual equality but if it's a religious practice for the sexes to worship seperatley I don't see an issue. I do agree it would be better to label both entrances. .

The first point I made was I am 100% in favour of sexual equality. I don't think that could have been more clearly stated.

From the little I know of Muslim worship men and women pray separately. I don't know the background or exact requirements to this but it is a part of the Muslim faith. I'm not a religious person and If this is how Muslims practice their faith so be it. I tried googling the point but couldn't anything which helped. I did find American Muslim women are challenging the practice. To my mind if seperate entrances to seperate rooms are needed it would be better, as I raised initially, to sign post both men and women's entrances.

So no I am not in favour of discrimination against anyone for any reason.

I think it worth highlighting parts of Judaism require men and women to pray seperately. Pope Francis stated in November women will never become catholic priests. This is the leader of the Catholic Church effectively stating women are not equal in the eyes of his God. It's only in recent decades the Church of England has employed a much more inclusive view.

I imagine other examples from other religions could be found.

I'm presuming posters will be condemning the Jewish and Catholic faiths for this discriminatory practice? Or is it acceptable for non-Muslim faiths to follow these practices but not Muslims? If so why is this the case?

Religions can be pretty archaic in their approach and it's for the believers to fight against what they see as discriminatory.

You want a running commentaryon my life ?

your point is ?

I saw a sign which is discriminatory, in full view on a main road so I made a comment, discrimination has no place in a modern society, can't believe you don't seem to agree just because it is one section of the community.

I asked if you would be happy if both men and women's entrances were signed? You ignored the point. This leads me to question if you raise the point because it is a Muslim practice?

There are other examples of mainstream religions separating men and women. Are you going to question these as discriminatory?

You will use any weasel words to justify the unjustifiable in what Muslims do. It's discrimination against women and you know it but won't admit it.

If some clubs and golf clubs do the same that is difficult to justify too, and is quickly being phased out. Not so in medieval Islam. Although I must admit that a ladies fourball in front of you means slow play and frustration on the golf course but you just get used to it.

Weasel words? I stated my view and as the discussion was about discrimination against women raised the point about golf clubs - Muirfiekd is again in the press recently on this subject. Are you aware your point about slow play and frustration is part of the argument put forward by those opposed to female membership at Muirfield.

Presumably you also see Catholicism and Judaism as medieval in light of their discriminatory practices?

If both men's and women's entrances were signed would this satisfy you?

Weasel words? I stated my view and as the discussion was about discrimination against women raised the point about golf clubs - Muirfiekd is again in the press recently on this subject. Are you aware your point about slow play and frustration is part of the argument put forward by those opposed to female membership at Muirfield.

I think I said that you just have to get used to it so obviously I believe it should be tolerated.

Presumably you also see Catholicism and Judaism as medieval in light of their discriminatory practices?

I was brought up by a Catholic family and am not aware of any discriminatory practices. Are you making it up?

If both men's and women's entrances were signed would this satisfy you? No.

I was brought up by a Catholic family and am not aware of any discriminatory practices. Are you making it up?

[/b]

I presume this Catholic family that brought you up went to mass every Sunday as part of their faith. How many female priests celebrated mass?

Not one of your better thought-through responses old bean.

I presume this Catholic family that brought you up went to mass every Sunday as part of their faith. How many female priests celebrated mass?

You might want to dwell on all the aspects of Catholicism, not just on one aspect.

Whilst I'm no longer practicing I've been in places where Nuns have led services which have been all but proper Masses.

I often say to my atheistic mates: don't get called to hospital as a patient in the centre of Sydney because you'll end up being cared for in what is essentially a Catholic Hospital.

Never heard of nuns? I had a few nuns teach me and lead prayers. Do muslims have an equivalent? I genuinely don't know.

Actually I do believe that Christianity is also outdated. Not medieval barbarism like some muslim practices especially to girls but still outdated.

I asked if you would be happy if both men and women's entrances were signed? You ignored the point. This leads me to question if you raise the point because it is a Muslim practice?

There are other examples of mainstream religions separating men and women. Are you going to question these as discriminatory?

I thought it would be obvious having questioned the sign in the 1st place, lets face it, if it wasn't so big a sign and facing the main road maybe no one would have questioned it..

It is discrimination of the gender plain and simple, if you want to bring religion into it fine, your choice

I thought it would be obvious having questioned the sign in the 1st place, lets face it, if it wasn't so big a sign and facing the main road maybe no one would have questioned it..

It is discrimination of the gender plain and simple, if you want to bring religion into it fine, your choice

I saw it tonight, a big sign and facing the main road.

Disabled discrimination and Mysogyny in Little Harwood. I used to drink in that pub, awful.

You might want to dwell on all the aspects of Catholicism, not just on one aspect.

Whilst I'm no longer practicing I've been in places where Nuns have led services which have been all but proper Masses.

I often say to my atheistic mates: don't get called to hospital as a patient in the centre of Sydney because you'll end up being cared for in what is essentially a Catholic Hospital.

Al said he wasn't aware of any discriminatory practices and I pointed one out to him. A fairly obvious and inexplicable one really. Why aren't these nuns who essentially lead masses allowed to be ordained as priests other than because of their gender? It is the very epitome of discrimination.

Not sure what your point is re the hospice to be honest?

Never heard of nuns? I had a few nuns teach me and lead prayers. Do muslims have an equivalent? I genuinely don't know.

Actually I do believe that Christianity is also outdated. Not medieval barbarism like some muslim practices especially to girls but still outdated.

See above Al.

Whites and Muslims, eh jim? Is "White" a Religion? No such thing as "White" Muslims? Deary me jim! you really do seem to get quite mixed up these days don't you? By the way, are you one of those "Blackburn Racists" when it comes to Americans and Aussies?

Archived