BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jim is in prime Troll mode, I see? He's the master at it. I no longer look at political threads on here, as a rule, but I can imagine he's having a merry old time in them.

What I would say is; with the pace of change, where do you see Blackburn in another 30/40 years? What areas will still have a white population? What does that mean for the reason we are all here- the Rovers?

Is this what 1950s onwards immigration policy was supposed to achieve? Or did it just not make allowances for such different cultures and/or human nature?

We lived on Shear Brow, moved away years a go, last time I was down there a group of lads purposely walked in the road and stopped! It was bizarre! Not sure what they were trying to achieve. I pointed to my dashcam and slowly they moved. I did mention it to a bloke I know who lives there and I gather to be quite senior in the local Mosque and he did say they wind the locals up as much as anyone.

Blackburn is over.

I got an eye-opener at a young age. When I was at college in the good old 90's a guy in my class said to one of our Asian classmates that his 'sister was fit' ... and the religion of peace lover went absolutely crazy. There was real hate in his eyes. Something I never forgot....this from a 16 year old - way before hate preaching was at it's peak. It certainly hasn't got any better since then. . .

It seems the only people that believe in integration are the idiotic white folk that live in "countryside mansions", Muslims certainly don't.

The problem is people will never evolve past basic fear. Your example spells it out, I've many friends of white British descent that would flip if I even mentioned their sisters - yet one example you faced has completely moved your views along.

It's sinister excuse making for hatred, basic fear of someone "different"...

• Backroom

The problem is people will never evolve past basic fear. Your example spells it out, I've many friends of white British descent that would flip if I even mentioned their sisters - yet one example you faced has completely moved your views along.

I think you've made friends with odd people if they're going to 'flip' at the suggestion that someone they clearly trust as a friend fancies their sisters.

Either way, surely a simple 'Hang on mate, don't go there' will do?

I think you've made friends with odd people if they're going to 'flip' at the suggestion that someone they clearly trust as a friend fancies their sisters.

Either way, surely a simple 'Hang on mate, don't go there' will do?

Why not concentrate on the fearmongering example of Husky?

I was punched in the face by a blonde haired lad in 1992... Oswaldtwistle is gone.. (to the Scandinavians)

"Most Muslims in this area are liberal and broad-minded. At the end of the day, the white people want to segregate themselves. If they want to live in predominantly white areas that is their choice"

....Car dealer AJ in the story.

and Donna Phillips in the story hasn't a problem living in a Muslim area.

As usual, it's certain types of whites who are the problem.

Complete B/S Jim, and you know it!

• Backroom

Why not concentrate on the fearmongering example of Husky?

I was punched in the face by a blonde haired lad in 1992... Oswaldtwistle is gone.. (to the Scandinavians)

Because I can relate to his point. Several (4 incidents since September) male Asian parents have been aggressive in their attitude towards me. It's an astonishing position to be in when I've just taught their child for a day.

You may see it as fearmongering, but people can only base their views on their experiences in life. He isn't 'fearmongering', he holds a different viewpoint.

Do I believe Asian men are generally more agressive than white men? No, in fact they're usually more intelligent too. But do I feel welcome when teaching round Audley, Whalley Range, Bastwell or in the Revidge/Preston New Road area? Not even slightly.

Many years ago there was a BBC documentary filmed in Darwen called Voxpop. An Asian mate of mine, Alec Shigri, was one of the people they focused on (there were very few Asians in Darwen at the time). He is a very funny fella who enjoyed a pint and a game of snooker.

They got him talking about the parochial nature of Darreners when it came to our neighbours in Blackburn, and Alec, bless him, came out with this absolute belter of a line. "Friends of mine say 'you're trying to bring Blackburn people into Darwen and we don't want them here. We're trying to get rid of you lot, never mind bringing them in as well. '"

"Most Muslims in this area are liberal and broad-minded. At the end of the day, the white people want to segregate themselves. If they want to live in predominantly white areas that is their choice"

....Car dealer AJ in the story.

and Donna Phillips in the story hasn't a problem living in a Muslim area.

As usual, it's certain types of whites who are the problem.

Absolute muppet.

Because I can relate to his point. Several (4 incidents since September) male Asian parents have been aggressive in their attitude towards me. It's an astonishing position to be in when I've just taught their child for a day.

You may see it as fearmongering, but people can only base their views on their experiences in life. He isn't 'fearmongering', he holds a different viewpoint.

Do I believe Asian men are generally more agressive than white men? No, in fact they're usually more intelligent too. But do I feel welcome when teaching round Audley, Whalley Range, Bastwell or in the Revidge/Preston New Road area? Not even slightly.

You can relate to his point that "Blackburn is gone"?

Sorry Mike, I can't relate to that. I can see the changes and try to understand the reasons - not point to one or two personal examples which "feather my own bed" aka viewpoint.

A viewpoint can be intolerant. Are we in an age where viewpoints cannot be questioned? I have had bad and good experiences with all walks of life, do I just base my viewpoint on my own experience or do I try to read, understand and get my head round the realities of life?

People stick to certain media outlets and groups - they like to read things that reaffirm their own thought processes.

That's not the way to form opinion, at least from my view. This article is from (IMO) the most divisive rag that this country has ever produced- I still read it, and divulged what "they want me to think!"

Finally - the last part seems like another example of unfounded fears. Why don't you feel welcome? What do these people do to alter that perception?

For a balanced view people would be better off listening to the interview with Louise Casey on the R4 Today programme, Monday 5/12, at approx 8.10am. It's on iPlayer

Balanced ? Haha on the Beeb ? Aye aw reet then

You've listened to the lady's own words or you prefer the Daily Mail's interpretation? I think Casey will know what she said.

She is very clear about the problems which exist and where the responsibility for those lays.

You've listened to the lady's own words or you prefer the Daily Mail's interpretation? I think Casey will know what she said.

She is very clear about the problems which exist and where the responsibility for those lays.

Where does she say the responsibility lays ?

Where does she say the responsibility lays ?

Both within the ethnic and "native" (can't think of the word) populations. She says we are more diverse and significantly less segregated than we used to be but those in Muslim communities are the exception to that. She went on to say it was possible for young Muslims to grow up almost unaware of the community outside the one they live in.

Got loads of example actually (even one from this year), but didn't want to write an essay.

Even in the 90's the common room and canteen were always split along religious lines - between the 'muslims' and others. It was almost like there was some kind of apartheid going on. The thing is back then there wasn't a burka in sight . . .before I continue - I hope nobody from the religion of peace or subsequent libtard fascists are reading this - but.....some of those asian girls were pretty damned hot. Hmmm, but times have a changed for the worse and continue to do so. Burka's and other forms of oppression. . .hate crimes and racism from the peace lovers is common place. Blackburn IS over.

Meanwhile back at camp (the one ABBEY mentioned): http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14949714.Shocking_pictures_released_after_pensioner_brutally_beaten_in_Blackburn_town_centre/?ref=mr&lp=2

When are these going to be reported as the race hate crimes that they are?

Got loads of example actually (even one from this year), but didn't want to write an essay.

Even in the 90's the common room and canteen were always split along religious lines - between the 'muslims' and others. It was almost like there was some kind of apartheid going on. The thing is back then there wasn't a burka in sight . . .before I continue - I hope nobody from the religion of peace or subsequent libtard fascists are reading this - but.....some of those asian girls were pretty damned hot. Hmmm, but times have a changed for the worse and continue to do so. Burka's and other forms of oppression. . .hate crimes and racism from the peace lovers is common place. Blackburn IS over.

Meanwhile back at camp (the one ABBEY mentioned): http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14949714.Shocking_pictures_released_after_pensioner_brutally_beaten_in_Blackburn_town_centre/?ref=mr&lp=2

When are these going to be reported as the race hate crimes that they are?

Firstly, I'm shocked that you replied for once. Normally it's; hit the intolerance, drop mic and scamper.

Secondly, thanks for proving my point. You can't see past your own examples, your own bed feathering opinion pieces and finally this idea that "whites are being oppressed!" Do you know anything about history at all? Do I need to go through what this level of xenaphobia did to all other races bar white people, for thousands of years?

Why is its hate crime? It's just another example of what taking money from frontline police services causes. When I was out drinking in Blackburn in 2005ish you couldn't go one street without a presence - they are almost impossible to find in 2016.

It's a disgusting act - and there are many other examples down the years the result of IDIOTS! Irrelevant of race, culture, creed etc. Imagine if the Adam Rogers incident had been caused by an Asian lad....

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14951884.Blackburn_man__46__charged_with_assaulting_his_wife_and_daughter/

Is this a hate crime? Man attacks his own wife and daughter? Imagine the reaction here, if his name wasn't "Kevin"....

As for the way they treat their women... Have you actually tried talking to any Asian or Muslim women, or is this your own absolute assumption? Yes - there are some more right wing extreme beliefs within Islam that treat women like absolute dirt - are most Muslims practicing this in 2016? The answer is no.

If the answer was yes to "are most Muslims of extreme beliefs?" I doubt we'd have much of a planet left.

Firstly, I'm shocked that you replied for once. Normally it's; hit the intolerance, drop mic and scamper.

Secondly, thanks for proving my point. You can't see past your own examples, your own bed feathering opinion pieces and finally this idea that "whites are being oppressed!" Do you know anything about history at all? Do I need to go through what this level of xenaphobia did to all other races bar white people, for thousands of years?

Why is its hate crime? It's just another example of what taking money from frontline police services causes. When I was out drinking in Blackburn in 2005ish you couldn't go one street without a presence - they are almost impossible to find in 2016.

It's a disgusting act - and there are many other examples down the years the result of IDIOTS! Irrelevant of race, culture, creed etc. Imagine if the Adam Rogers incident had been caused by an Asian lad....

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/news/14951884.Blackburn_man__46__charged_with_assaulting_his_wife_and_daughter/

Is this a hate crime? Man attacks his own wife and daughter? Imagine the reaction here, if his name wasn't "Kevin"....

As for the way they treat their women... Have you actually tried talking to any Asian or Muslim women, or is this your own absolute assumption? Yes - there are some more right wing extreme beliefs within Islam that treat women like absolute dirt - are most Muslims practicing this in 2016? The answer is no.

If the answer was yes to "are most Muslims of extreme beliefs?" I doubt we'd have much of a planet left.

You seem very adverse to using a personal experience as a reason to form an opinion. I agree personal experience isn't as valuable as facts and figures, but I haven't seen much of that in your counter-arguments. Probably because this is a topic that doesn't lend itself well to generating facts and figures.

Personal experience is a better reason to have an opinion than assuming that what you would like to be the case is actually the case.

You seem very adverse to using a personal experience as a reason to form an opinion. I agree personal experience isn't as valuable as facts and figures, but I haven't seen much of that in your counter-arguments. Probably because this is a topic that doesn't lend itself well to generating facts and figures.

Personal experience is a better reason to have an opinion than assuming that what you would like to be the case is actually the case.

Nothing wrong with using personal experience to set up further research. I gave one example of a fact/figure without the numbers -

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/36857326?client=safari

We have less people keeping an eye out on the streets - thus more crime. To suggest it's a hate crime because an Asian lad might have done it? That's nearly as stupid as the PC brigade suggesting any attack by a white person on an Asian is "racially motivated".

The modern day issue that surrounds this; the Internet has made it possible for people go find suitable examples that tally up with their own experience, reinforce their own moral code- ignoring articles that paint a different picture.

I will challenge any viewpoint that suggests "Blackburn is Over" on the basis that the reasoning is down to some poor personal experiences, inbuilt intolerance or unfounded fears.

If we looked at potential other reasons for a shift in the population - ie the sheer lack of investment in schools, infrastructure and frontline services, the damage of continuing austerity and shortage of jobs...

Rather than just suggesting "those people are rude and forced me out" as the sole reason for integration problems.

Then - perhaps people could find a viewpoint that's not based on what happened in their canteen...

Would large numbers of people moving to this country have the money to buy the property's if they hadn't been allowed to fall into disrepair? Who's responsible for areas ultimately? The inhabitants or council?

Reasoning is deeper than the daily mail, express, independent, guardian etc can show you, because each of those publications intends to sway its readers views to suit their own personal experiences, moral code or corrupt intentions - ie brexit!

Archived