BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Next 6 Games

Stuart

Bottom line is we're in the position we are in for a reason. Yes, freak results happen, but you'd have to forego all logic to think we'll do well out of the next set of fixtures. If we get 6-7 points that would be a fantastic return considering the squad and manager.

It goes without saying that January could well doom us. We can be very confident that the owners won't give us any money to spend, and Marshall is one of very few valuable assets left who will likely push for a move (or be pushed by a certain overpromoted accountant to want a move). How many years does Marshall have left on his contract, anyway?

Meanwhile it's likely Cardiff will strengthen, possibly a few others around us too. That leaves us going in one direction, realistically.

I'm pretty sure Marshall is out of contract in the summer.

Marshall's out the door in January. Expect to see him turning up at Fulham, Brighton or Wolves and the club and Coyle's lies about a new contract are confirmed.

It wouldn't surprise me if these people started selling players to clubs like Wolves who we are fighting for survival against, using the 'we can't compete' mantra to justify it.

Cardiff and Warnock are limping their way through to January and then he'll be given freedom to wheel and deal in the transfer market. He'll get rid of their dross and bring in his preferred signings who will undoubtedly carry them to safety.

Rovers won't spend a penny unless cash is brought in first and won't make any game changing additions, more likely to replace outgoings as and when the owners sell people.

Marshall's out the door in January. Expect to see him turning up at Fulham, Brighton or Wolves and the club and Coyle's lies about a new contract are confirmed.

It wouldn't surprise me if these people started selling players to clubs like Wolves who we are fighting for survival against, using the 'we can't compete' mantra to justify it.

Cardiff and Warnock are limping their way through to January and then he'll be given freedom to wheel and deal in the transfer market. He'll get rid of their dross and bring in his preferred signings who will undoubtedly carry them to safety.

Rovers won't spend a penny unless cash is brought in first and won't make any game changing additions, more likely to replace outgoings as and when the owners sell people.

Wolves want Marshall.

I think Cardiff will struggled until the end of the season. Not an easy job down there and to turn it around.

We wont get a penny for Marshall, not a hope. He might as well stay at Rovers, take his summer severance payment of 2 months wages (he is entitled to) and then sign for Wolves or whoever on a signing bonus and an improved contract. The club will want to make a saving on is wages from Jan, they will let him go for nowt to get his wages of the books.

If somebody out there is prepared to pay him £25k a week good luck to them. For me he's got ability but he's nowhere near consistent enough. That's been the story from the day he signed. Leicester obviously thought the same. At our level, with some intelligent scouting, we could get two decent players in for that sort of money.

At our level, with some intelligent scouting, we could get two decent players in for that sort of money.

At a normal club that would be the way to go but more likely in our current state under Rao , Desai and associates project ,expect an old injury prone player on a three year contract ,that is not cutting it in a tin pot league, that wee gem 2 and and his chubby red top funster mate will paint as a masterstroke

As for the next six games without a massive change in fortune think we will be lucky to pick up 6/7 points, and wouldn't be surprised if one of them is against Brighton on Tuesday despite their good run of form.

If somebody out there is prepared to pay him £25k a week good luck to them. For me he's got ability but he's nowhere near consistent enough. That's been the story from the day he signed. Leicester obviously thought the same. At our level, with some intelligent scouting, we could get two decent players in for that sort of money.

Is Marshall on £25k now at Rovers? Staggering if he is. I thought he'd asked for that amount to re-sign...knowing it would not be paid and forcing his cheap sale in January.

He's not worth 25k Rupees a year!

He's probably on about £10-15k a week at Rovers. He was signed for decent money from Leicester (Bowyer's most expensive signing?) so he won't be on peanuts, but I doubt he's on anywhere near £25k a week at Rovers given the constraints Bowyer was under.

These lot with their accountant director and mystery man Pasha will have Marshall's weekly wage earmarked as enough to cover 2-3 players in the squad when he departs.

For me he's got ability but he's nowhere near consistent enough. That's been the story from the day he signed. Leicester obviously thought the same. At our level, with some intelligent scouting, we could get two decent players in for that sort of money.

Think someone had a look at a Leicester board at the time we signed him and said almost exactly the same - on his day he's a good'un but those days are infrequent and there are long runs of average/poor games between.

Archived