BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Racism/sexism Against White Men

My friend from Egypt hasn't abandoned his faith, but he won't go to the nearby Muslim Centre here, he thinks they are too radical, he doesn't like the radicals in his home country and in neighboring countries to Egypt, he actually gets along better with the Israelis than others. I mean some of what he says about the "others", I wouldn't even say. So, yes, many of them are fine; but there is definitely a problem too.

He's a good family man, his daughter is even a doctor.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Zuhdi Jasser served in the US Navy as an officer and started the American Islamic Forum for Democracy, he recognises the problem in Islam. It's not just non-Muslims who see problems.

Tunisia itself has closed about 80 radical Mosques and that's where this Anis came from and after Syria and Iraq, the places the war is being fought over there, Tunisia contributes more Jihadists to Syria.

I think what's a bit dumbfounding is even a Muslim like Zuhdi recognises this problem. He calls for a reform in Islam. It can't be ignored, I don't see this as some just being discriminating, there is a real problem that even Muslims recognise, the president of Egypt is another one who does.

So baz let me see if this is right then ..

Discriminate against Muslims bad

Discriminate against Aussies good

Ooh, what happens if you have an Aussie Muslim?

In simple terms:

Discrimination = bad

Taking the mick out of Shane Warne, Ricky Ponting, dingles etc is ok.

(the intention is different)

Is that easy enough to understand?

Ooh, what happens if you have an Aussie Muslim?

In simple terms:

Discrimination = bad

Taking the mick out of Shane Warne, Ricky Ponting, dingles etc is ok.

(the intention is different)

Is that easy enough to understand?

Such a naive thing to say. Discrimination is what has enabled the human species to survive as long as it has.

A thing I hear at work, mainly from the HR mob, is we're an Equal opportunities employer. I'm sure initially it was meant to do what it says on the tin but in reality it means for anyone new coming in if you're a white British male you have to really go above and beyond to impress but anything else you're golden. Ironically not particularly equal if you're a young white male starting out which I kind of think was the point of the original post.

It's all swings and roundabouts. The white male has rightly or wrongly dominated much of history and now we have white guilt and are giving everyone else a go but it'll swing back again and then go the other way again and back again

Being white is still a significant advantage in job searches in the UK and all of the Western world. Many experiments have been performed to see who gets invited for interview using identical CVs but varying names. Non native names are much less likely to be invited.

My impression is many posters on here if hiring would strongly favour a white British candidate, given the views espoused.

But don't take mick out of Muslims .. gotchya

Obviously not simple enough.

Id take the mick out of Usman Khawaja, but in the last uk Ashes it would have meant him being a bit better, but I wouldn't group all Muslims as being potential terrorist threats.

Got it yet?

Such a naive thing to say. Discrimination is what has enabled the human species to survive as long as it has.

I think you are confusing natural selection with discrimination Stuart.

What a load of self pitying claptrap this is. White makes are oppressed, that's funny. So anyone who doesn't walk into a top job because they are a white male now complains about people of other races cheating them out if their birth right as opposed to a few years ago when it was mainly women who got the blame. We've even seen people seriously saying that being gay gives you a leg up in the job market.

It's getting more and more like Germany in the 1930s on here.

• Backroom

There's definitely an element of 'if you're a white male, your opinion counts for nowt' creeping into some circles, but it's nowhere near as bad as the reverse has been for centuries imo.

In many, arguably more tangible, senses like wages white men still aren't discriminated against. Like I said I'm mainly talking about the atmosphere in circles such as the liberal media. They've been working to eradicate discrimination for years, yet they're entirely enthusiastic (particularly in the case of the Huffington Post) about displaying discrimination towards white men. Often because as a demographic that one in particular isn't voting how the liberal media want them too.

Then there's the more subtle level of normal society. It doesn't surprise me that Mike somewhat agrees with this point being a teacher. I used to work in a school and that environment is mostly female. And the number of sexist jokes and attitudes towards men I used to hear was incredible. "Men can't multitask", "men are generally incompetent", "if any female staff member dresses nicely all the men will become drooling animals who can't concentrate on their job". I think its an unfortunate side of human nature that the weak are often taken advantage of. And thanks to the changing of political winds, white men are the new weak.

A Simpsons quote from a couple of decades ago (back when it was good), had Homer Simpsons saying "I'm a white male, aged 18 to 49. Everyone listens to me! No matter how dumb my suggestions are." In the liberal media that is now very far from the case. Literally any other demographic they are enthusiastic about representing positively. White men however? Good punching bag, link them to Trump, link them to Brexit, get stuck in. I'd find the concept amusing being a big Brexit supporter if the hypocrisy wasn't quite so galling. Liberals favourite gripe is moaning about prejudice, there's obviously some merit to that which everyone can see. But when there's prejudice shown to white men its a case of shut up and stop being a wuss. The lack of consistency is incredible.

Blame blame blame blame blame the white man.

Didn't Paul Ince 'blame the white man' for being a @#/? manager? ^_^

Anyway, does anyone remember the documentary Who You Callin' a Nigger? shown in 2004. I remember the level of racism was considered shocking at the time and THERE'S NOT A WHITE MAN IN SIGHT.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S06tTP7UxKc

"It reports on violent confrontations between West Indians and Somalis in South London and between West Indian and Pakistani youths in the Midlands. There are comments from Asian men and women which are wholly disparaging of their fellow migrants from the Caribbean, and equally vitriolic language from West Indians about Somalis."

Even though all media outlets, nearly all media commentators, nearly all big business and most media imposed role models are white males?

Most media outlets are run/owned by Jews, they don't consider themselves white and they are the ones pushing for mass Muslim immigration into europe

Archived