BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham Away 11 Feb

We should have won Saturday. Hit the bar twice and missed a few more chances. Coyle makes mistakes,but he can't go on and finish those chances. Our players need to be more clinical when the opportunities arise. Particularly against the likes of Rotherham. Never give a sucker an even break,as the saying goes. We let them back in after the game should have been done. 

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, mustard said:

Bowyer didn't waste all the parachute payments, but the very last of our parachute payments were wasted by trusting a(nother) novice manager with the task of getting us promoted (the only way out of the mess we're in).

I do love the revisionist mentality towards Bowyer since his departure.  You'd think he was a superb tactician with a flawless transfer record, who brought out the very best in a poor squad and had us punching above our weight, flying high in mid table of the Champ.

There's a reason he works for Oyston in League Two.

Can you enlighten us to how Bowyer wasted the last parachute payment?

There is a reason we are not already in League one, that's Gary Bowyer. His signings alone have kept the wolf from the door in the last few years.

4 hours ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

He's had so many failures in the transfer market, right from the start, Hendrie, Byrne Stokes etc. that why he keeps playing Feeney, he's his player... he must be on a good wage too as we offered him more than Ipswich... ridiculous, Mahoney will probably replace Conway tomorrow.

Not sure about that?  We don't or are not privileged to have access for Mahoneys contract.  If it means more money in terms of longer contract or appearance money if he starts then he won't start. 

We need to get over it, we are not a football club that is run for football reasons, we are a football club run for financial reasons.  Hence we are not really sure who the owners are.  The local management structure is an absolute shambles, private wars and vendettas going on.  The so called manager/ head coach, whatever his title is completely out of his depth, cannot set a team up if his life depended on it.

If the owners are in Pune as we commonly believe, then this shambles reflects on them and it's getting to the point where it reflects on the Calibre of management of India as a whole and I quite legitimately ask some of my many Indian friends, why not go back and set up a business and become millionaires because the compition must be awful.  Alternatively if the owner is some offshore shell company just interested in a quick buck, being anonymous, calling the shots from a distance, then walking when the usefulness has been outgrown?  

Either senario is not good and it is coming to the point with many supporters / fans as why bother anymore.

Unfortunately I don't think we are the only club in this position.  Out and out greed has become the whatchword.

Maybe someone can come up with a new thread, "Why should we bother"

• Backroom
7 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

We should have won Saturday. Hit the bar twice and missed a few more chances. Coyle makes mistakes,but he can't go on and finish those chances. Our players need to be more clinical when the opportunities arise. Particularly against the likes of Rotherham. Never give a sucker an even break,as the saying goes. We let them back in after the game should have been done. 

But in that game we were on top and should have been winning then half time comes along, Coyle gets them into the dressing room and by all accounts they come out and play like a pub team afterwards 

• Backroom

On a related note, I noticed against Leeds the players came out in the second half and did one of those silly running around cones things. How long have they been doing that?

Always struck me as more for show than much else 

4 hours ago, Speedie Dived said:

Can you enlighten us to how Bowyer wasted the last parachute payment?

There is a reason we are not already in League one, that's Gary Bowyer. His signings alone have kept the wolf from the door in the last few years.

I just said, he didn't waste them.  But we as a club wasted them.  Most clubs are fighting for promotion in the years following relegation.  We never looked like even breaking the play-offs under Bowyer, despite a strong squad.  Bowyer did well in the transfer market but he was tactically poor and in the last 18 months of his tenure, was not what we needed.   If he's such a great manager, why did no one better than the likes of Oyston/Blackpool take a chance on him?

• Mike E unpinned this topic

Archived