BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham Away 11 Feb

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

How will it be removed though? Venkys say they are here for the long haul, even if we get relegated to League 1. I completely agree that they are the problem and that is is impossible to imagine us making any progress in the right direction under them, but in what genuine scenario does anyone see them leaving? 

That's why I fear the club may be put into the ground by Venky's and their associates. Barring them selling off to friends who will keep this charade going, there may be too many skeletons in the closet for them to do anything other than keep this going until the bitter end. 

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I am well informed on what has happened at the club. Could you possibly be more specific?

I don't understand picking players out of position when what we need is a consistent, settled team. 

Not defending Coyle but he's trying anything on the pitch. He's a poor manager and if he's losing it with fans and press then he's already lost it with the playing staff.

IMO it's too late (broken record). Far too much going on behind closed doors but the amount of money in the game over the last 10 years has destroyed our club.  

17 hours ago, Parsonblue said:

Awful - simple as that.  Two teams who look destined for League One.  In the first half we had one shot actually on target.  After Rotherham scored we were all over the place and a better team would have put us to the sword.  Replacing Nyambe - who wasn't doing that badly - with Akpan was mystifying to say the least unless it was to make sure that Lowe stayed on the field somewhere.  Williams was dreadful at left-back and Mulgrew got a chasing a times, which I haven't seen before.  Feeney was pitiful, Lowe was Lowe, Conway looks past it with every passing game and Bennett struggled manfully to try to keep some semblance of a midfield together.  Gallagher, who was having a poor game might have been replaced by the lad from Sheffield if Coyle hadn't wasted a sub by using Akpan for Nyambe.  The guy is clueless.  I know that the clowns in Pune are ultimately responsible and I admit that Coyle is managing with two hands tied behind his back and the arrival of Senior isn't going to help matters, but surely we can find someone better than Coyle even at this late stage.  Sadly, I suspect that we are doomed no matter what we do with regard to Coyle.  I'm fully expecting to renew acquaintances with a few old Third Division grounds that I honestly never thought we would be going to again for League games.  Today's absolutely abject performance against the worst side I have seen for many a year - their centre-half wouldn't have got a game in most pub teams - has convinced me that League One football is now unavoidable unless two other teams have a complete collapse in the coming months. 

Thanks for the frank assessment Parson. Like you I have been of the view for some time that if we stick with Coyle he'll will take us down. If we try another manager we might have half a chance.

Individually I also think Graham has been absolutely shocking recently. Was he any better than of late yesterday?

27 minutes ago, Cherry Blue said:

Not defending Coyle but he's trying anything on the pitch. He's a poor manager and if he's losing it with fans and press then he's already lost it with the playing staff.

IMO it's too late (broken record). Far too much going on behind closed doors but the amount of money in the game over the last 10 years has destroyed our club.  

nah, it's people that have destroyed the club. The dingles have positively thrived on the money

7 hours ago, USABlue said:

Amusing, the much abused Parson now something of a folk hero with a negative post, sums this place up nicely.

2/10 Poor attempt. Must try harder. Not up to your usual standards. Lost your beehive poking stick?

Parsons match reports have largely had a negative slant all season. How could they be anything but?

1 hour ago, DE. said:

Indeed. When people were crowing about Bowyer and his stability, there were quite a few of us predicting that it wouldn't end well. The Lambert appointment was admittedly a "wtf" moment, but ultimately it was just another game Venky's and/or the agents were playing to line a few more pockets at the expense of BRFC. The club has never and will never be stable under this ownership, whoever is actually in charge. Changing manager is akin to rearranging the proverbial deck chairs on the titanic. We are destined for failure until the cancer at this club is removed. All we can hope is that it is removed before the club dies.

There were also quite a few predicting it could get a lot worse when Bowyer was fired. Thy weren't crowing, they were looking at idiot owners and deducing reasonably that we were only one wrong appointment from potential disaster. That appointment happened last summer.

I never had you down as one of the clowns who thought Bowyer should have got us promoted with Willowe in midfield, and who also 'wasted all the parachute payments' (:lol:my personal favourite). Far better squads that the one Bowyer had have failed, and are currently failing, to even reach the play-offs, let alone achieve promotion. 

The club is a basket-case, the owners totally clueless. Bowyer just kept the wolf from the door for a few years.  

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

There were also quite a few predicting it could get a lot worse when Bowyer was fired. Thy weren't crowing, they were looking at idiot owners and deducing reasonably that we were only one wrong appointment from potential disaster. That appointment happened last summer.

I never had you down as one of the clowns who thought Bowyer should have got us promoted with Willowe in midfield, and who also 'wasted all the parachute payments' (:lol:my personal favourite). Far better squads that the one Bowyer had have failed, and are currently failing, to even reach the play-offs, let alone achieve promotion. 

The club is a basket-case, the owners totally clueless. Bowyer just kept the wolf from the door for a few years.  

A better manager would have gotten more out of the squad Bowyer had. That much I do believe. As soon as the purse strings were snapped shut and our better players were sold, GB had no answer and we rapidly declined. Would we have gotten promoted under a better manager with Bowyer's peak squad? Possibly. If Ipswich under McCarthy got into the playoffs there is no reason we couldn't have. In the end, though, all it would have led to is another terrible PL season, more money in agents pockets, relegation and back to square one with parachute payments being used to repeat the same cycle of the last few years. Whether Bowyer was in charge or not ultimately we'd end up in the same position. Debating him, Lambert, Coyle or anybody else is pointless at this stage. All pawns being used in a much bigger game being played by at least two parties that have systematically ripped the club apart over the past six and a half years. 

13 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

I never had you down as one of the clowns who thought Bowyer should have got us promoted with Willowe in midfield 

He chose to pick that midfield because he was a boring, safety-first manager. Anyone of any real flair or creativity (King, Barrow, Judge, Cairney, Rochina) were either overlooked or played out of position to accommodate more defensive players.

2 hours ago, Amarillo said:

He chose to pick that midfield because he was a boring, safety-first manager. Anyone of any real flair or creativity (King, Barrow, Judge, Cairney, Rochina) were either overlooked or played out of position to accommodate more defensive players.

I quite liked Bowyer, but his main flaw was always a failure to inspire the team when it mattered. I lost count of the times under his stewardship where we went on good runs only to bottle it whenever we were about to hit the top 6. 

4 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Individually I also think Graham has been absolutely shocking recently. Was he any better than of late yesterday?

Very poor again. Coil needs to give him a rest and start Emnes.

Disagree with Parson about their center back. He won every header he challenged for, blocked or hoofed anything near him out of arms way. The only criticism that could be aimed at him was his distribution when he had time on the ball, it was dire.

Very strange atmosphere during the game I thought.  

Just now, roversfan99 said:

Both Graham and Gallagher were as bad as either, mind you how either has got 11 goals considering the rest of the team is beyond me.

No surprise when the rest of the team played so badly. Team not set up for them.

Coyle doesn't have a clue.

Just now, blue kiwi said:

i heard souness and yorke on tv today.they both said great managers manage and the players on the pitch sort out the tactics,well the great players that is.

We are goosed on both parts then

11 hours ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This is the worse Rovers side I have seen in my lifetime...pay peanuts you get Monkeys,sorry,others Clubs cast offs.

The terrible gravitas of the current situation is now hitting home like a Tyson blow with even the most positive of fans.

Many posters on here years ago stated matters would get much worse,I take no joy whatsoever in saying that it's all coming to fruition.

Terrible times for this club.

Reading the  LT comments yesterday, even they are making the sort of comments you find on here.

So, penny finally dropping.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, blue kiwi said:

i heard souness and yorke on tv today.they both said great managers manage and the players on the pitch sort out the tactics,well the great players that is.

Clough's view as well. His rules were:

1. Give your lot in terms of effort.

2. I'd you can play football, play football.

3. If you can't play football, get the ball and give it to someone who can.

19 hours ago, Neal said:

Just speaking to a bloke who has been going since the 70's but no longer goes any more. His brother no longer goes either, apparently he goes down to meet his mates before the game Ewood WMC but doesn't go in the ground (top bloke)... He's called Cham I believe, real name Chris in case anyone know him.

Yeah he is a good guy and a passionate Rover, we work at the same place. When guys like him are walking away it shows how bad things are.

Indeed, some of the fans I know that knocked it on the head last summer I would never have believed 6 years ago- home and away for 40, 50+ years.

I would expect even more to call it it a day this summer. The fact that we are struggling to sell 14,000 home tickets for Man United, when against similar opposition two years ago we sold out shows you how rapidly ST holders are dropping away.

Back to the mid 80s at a pace, however we've no Jack in the wings this time. This has to be the darkest time in our history, though it's just cyclical ay? :unsure:

The crowd on Sunday will arguably be the biggest demonstration yet of the damage that has been done to the fanbase of this football club over the last 6 years. Some will hide behind the fact that it is on TV and £30 a ticket, but the reality is that in seasons gone by we would still have had a sold out ground.

As things stand, barring a massive take up over the course of this week, we'll struggle to surpass 25,000 even with 8,000+ United followers in the ground.

I'm struggling to think of another club in the whole Football League that would fail to fill their home ground for a cup game against Man Utd.

Those running the club should be embarrassed and concerned at the lack of interest around the town and region for what should be a huge game, but expect more shoulder shrugging and 'evidence' of the clubs newfound status as a 3rd tier club in waiting.

I watched the game on rovers player

I couldn't believe how woeful Rotheram were in the first half, one of the worst I've seen.  Rovers only needed to punt it through the middle and it caused them problems every time, their defence was atrocious.  We made quite a few chances despite not showing much quality and should have been two or three up, if not more.

Second half they improved a little, which was enough to put us on the back foot until Emnes and Mahoney came on.  Mahoney did more than Conway and Feeney combined in his 20 minutes.

Such a poor result and poor play, no tactics, only Mahoney a positive.  The players need to look at themselves too, Coyle might be a good excuse but they should be able to do better than that.

Just now, Blueandwhitemike said:

I watched the game on rovers player

I couldn't believe how woeful Rotheram were in the first half, one of the worst I've seen.  Rovers only needed to punt it through the middle and it caused them problems every time, their defence was atrocious.  We made quite a few chances despite not showing much quality and should have been two or three up, if not more.

Second half they improved a little, which was enough to put us on the back foot until Emnes and Mahoney came on.  Mahoney did more than Conway and Feeney combined in his 20 minutes.

Such a poor result and poor play, no tactics, only Mahoney a positive.  The players need to look at themselves too, Coyle might be a good excuse but they should be able to do better than that.

But---why didn't Mahoney start? Why does he never start? Mahoney can't make a bigger contribution if he's only on for 20 mins.

You can't go past Coyle for that.

21 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

Bowyer didn't waste all the parachute payments, but the very last of our parachute payments were wasted by trusting a(nother) novice manager with the task of getting us promoted (the only way out of the mess we're in).

I do love the revisionist mentality towards Bowyer since his departure.  You'd think he was a superb tactician with a flawless transfer record, who brought out the very best in a poor squad and had us punching above our weight, flying high in mid table of the Champ.

There's a reason he works for Oyston in League Two.

Archived