BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham Away 11 Feb

Just now, Mercerman said:

Think the fact that Joao was not brought on today tells us all we need to know about his signing.

is that a dig at Senior...... Coyle stubborness towards Senior means he wont play his players.....its my ball and Im not playing anymore.

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Precisely. Not sure about some of he people who post here to be honest. I'm all for a bit of debate but it seems like insults are just fired out by some without actually thinking about what the other person said or the context. I wonder would he call someone whose opinion he didn't agree with in person a Muppet? Doubt it. 

Probably not, but maybe a Fraggle Rock Character, or even a teddy bear.

Putting sensationalism aside. Anyone at the game today who can tell us how we played? 

Why is it sensationalism if people are upset by failing to beat a team that are rock bottom and 15 points from safety?

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Translates as "Despite the fact the same players were terrible last week I picked the wrong starting line up once again."

He picked Lowe in the centre of midfield then needed to change things to get back into the game. Whodathunk? :rolleyes:

Just now, Stuart said:

He picked Lowe in the centre of midfield then needed to change things to get back into the game. Whodathunk? :rolleyes:

It's a great point Stuart. All substitutions are generally made with the net result of Lowe changing positions. Some will call it versatility I call it getting him out of the f@@@ing way.

• Backroom

Putting sensationalism aside. Anyone at the game today who can tell us how we played? 

Shite. That's not sensationalist, it's the truth. We are about as good as the bottom team in the division.

Heard Coyles interview, even "Sit on the Fence Gallagher" struggled to say anything positive about what he had to say.

Sounded like another very poor performance, dominated play by all accounts without creating much and despite Coyles claims we could easily have scored  4/5 today, the feeling was we could have easily lost too.

But as we all know its nothing but a sideshow until Venkys sod of, why I'm even wasting my time posting this is beyond me......

#VENKYS OUT

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Awful - simple as that.  Two teams who look destined for League One.  In the first half we had one shot actually on target.  After Rotherham scored we were all over the place and a better team would have put us to the sword.  Replacing Nyambe - who wasn't doing that badly - with Akpan was mystifying to say the least unless it was to make sure that Lowe stayed on the field somewhere.  Williams was dreadful at left-back and Mulgrew got a chasing a times, which I haven't seen before.  Feeney was pitiful, Lowe was Lowe, Conway looks past it with every passing game and Bennett struggled manfully to try to keep some semblance of a midfield together.  Gallagher, who was having a poor game might have been replaced by the lad from Sheffield if Coyle hadn't wasted a sub by using Akpan for Nyambe.  The guy is clueless.  I know that the clowns in Pune are ultimately responsible and I admit that Coyle is managing with two hands tied behind his back and the arrival of Senior isn't going to help matters, but surely we can find someone better than Coyle even at this late stage.  Sadly, I suspect that we are doomed no matter what we do with regard to Coyle.  I'm fully expecting to renew acquaintances with a few old Third Division grounds that I honestly never thought we would be going to again for League games.  Today's absolutely abject performance against the worst side I have seen for many a year - their centre-half wouldn't have got a game in most pub teams - has convinced me that League One football is now unavoidable unless two other teams have a complete collapse in the coming months. 

Just now, Parsonblue said:

Awful - simple as that.  Two teams who look destined for League One.  In the first half we had one shot actually on target.  After Rotherham scored we were all over the place and a better team would have put us to the sword.  Replacing Nyambe - who wasn't doing that badly - with Akpan was mystifying to say the least unless it was to make sure that Lowe stayed on the field somewhere.  Williams was dreadful at left-back and Mulgrew got a chasing a times, which I haven't seen before.  Feeney was pitiful, Lowe was Lowe, Conway looks past it with every passing game and Bennett struggled manfully to try to keep some semblance of a midfield together.  Gallagher, who was having a poor game might have been replaced by the lad from Sheffield if Coyle hadn't wasted a sub by using Akpan for Nyambe.  The guy is clueless.  I know that the clowns in Pune are ultimately responsible and I admit that Coyle is managing with two hands tied behind his back and the arrival of Senior isn't going to help matters, but surely we can find someone better than Coyle even at this late stage.  Sadly, I suspect that we are doomed no matter what we do with regard to Coyle.  I'm fully expecting to renew acquaintances with a few old Third Division grounds that I honestly never thought we would be going to again for League games.  Today's absolutely abject performance against the worst side I have seen for many a year - their centre-half wouldn't have got a game in most pub teams - has convinced me that League One football is now unavoidable unless two other teams have a complete collapse in the coming months. 

It must have been hard writing that Parson. Thanks for your honesty and objectivity.

Thanks.  Honest and sad.

I actually feel a tinge of sadness at reading your post Parson. You are one of the last bastions of positivity regarding Rovers and it appears from your post that you have been broken today. 

I honestly do not know where the club go from here. Would you (or anybody) bet against successive relegation with our current structure? 

Archived