BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rotherham Away 11 Feb

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He's a feeble keeper probably the weakest we've had as 1st choice that i can remember although the competition is pretty fierce to be fair. Did make a few decent stops but he usually does but his basics are poor. I'd get rid of the pair of them to be honest.

I had a long walk yesterday and was so tired I slept for hours and woke up at 6 am Thai time not knowing the result. I decided to find out by reading this thread by starting from before the match began.

It was a depressing journey and I thought we would lose for most of it.

Thanks to PB and Tophill for their honest match reports.

The standout moment was someone being upset at being called a MUPPETT. Quite surreal.

once rotherham took the lead,i thought f,,k  it im going to sleep for a bit,till the rugger comes on,even when i woke got the rugger stream on i thought we had lost,only at half time did i realise we had drawn,bristol drawn and wigan lost.how many chances are we going to get to close the gap on other teams?games are running out, still stuck with the dingle,god help us,if it wasnt for cheap beer and beautiful khmer girls i would be SUICIDAL.

This is the worse Rovers side I have seen in my lifetime...pay peanuts you get Monkeys,sorry,others Clubs cast offs.

The terrible gravitas of the current situation is now hitting home like a Tyson blow with even the most positive of fans.

Many posters on here years ago stated matters would get much worse,I take no joy whatsoever in saying that it's all coming to fruition.

Terrible times for this club.

Just speaking to a bloke who has been going since the 70's but no longer goes any more. His brother no longer goes either, apparently he goes down to meet his mates before the game Ewood WMC but doesn't go in the ground (top bloke)... He's called Cham I believe, real name Chris in case anyone know him.

24 minutes ago, SIMON GARNERS 194 said:

This is the worse Rovers side I have seen in my lifetime...pay peanuts you get Monkeys,sorry,others Clubs cast offs.

The terrible gravitas of the current situation is now hitting home like a Tyson blow with even the most positive of fans.

Many posters on here years ago stated matters would get much worse,I take no joy whatsoever in saying that it's all coming to fruition.

Terrible times for this club.

Yes the owners are starving the club of any investment but the reality is that the wage bill is still probably around the middle of the Championship range.

We're almost certainly down this year and will keep falling, Blackpool and Coventry being the blueprints.

Just now, OJRovers said:

Yes the owners are starving the club of any investment but the reality is that the wage bill is still probably around the middle of the Championship range.

We're almost certainly down this year and will keep falling, Blackpool and Coventry being the blueprints.

Mentioning the wage bill and budget to a couple of Rotherham fans and they were head scratching how we could be in this mess when paying players 10k plus pwk and having a budget probably bigger than half the league. What we wouldn't give to be able to do that they said, obviously rank bad management on all levels at Ewood was their overiding opinion. 

I don't understand that with our squad and a transfer window just gone, we are playing players out of position and chopping things around so much?

Why was Bennet centre midfield yesterday?

Lowe is captain, yet he distracted from that by the constant changing of his position;left back, right back, centre mid.

Emnes and Mahoney undoubtedly should have started the last 2 games ,at least.

Each game is but another step towards the inevitable. We've been on an unerring course into oblivion from the moment this lot stepped in the door. There's no point judging results in a vacuum when this is all part of the plan. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't understand that with our squad and a transfer window just gone, we are playing players out of position and chopping things around so much?

Lowe is captain, yet he distracted from that by the constant changing of his position;left back, right back, centre mid.

Think you need to read up on what's happened since venky's took over to understand why.

Not being funny but the facts stack up.

• Backroom
Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Because Coyle is a @#/?ing awful manager, obviously.

• Backroom
Just now, Amarillo said:

Each game is but another step towards the inevitable. We've been on an unerring course into oblivion from the moment this lot stepped in the door. There's no point judging results in a vacuum when this is all part of the plan. 

Indeed. When people were crowing about Bowyer and his stability, there were quite a few of us predicting that it wouldn't end well. The Lambert appointment was admittedly a "wtf" moment, but ultimately it was just another game Venky's and/or the agents were playing to line a few more pockets at the expense of BRFC. The club has never and will never be stable under this ownership, whoever is actually in charge. Changing manager is akin to rearranging the proverbial deck chairs on the titanic. We are destined for failure until the cancer at this club is removed. All we can hope is that it is removed before the club dies.

Just now, Cherry Blue said:

Think you need to read up on what's happened since venky's took over to understand why.

Not being funny but the facts stack up.

I am well informed on what has happened at the club. Could you possibly be more specific?

I don't understand picking players out of position when what we need is a consistent, settled team. 

Just now, DE. said:

Indeed. When people were crowing about Bowyer and his stability, there were quite a few of us predicting that it wouldn't end well. The Lambert appointment was admittedly a "wtf" moment, but ultimately it was just another game Venky's and/or the agents were playing to line a few more pockets at the expense of BRFC. The club has never and will never be stable under this ownership, whoever is actually in charge. Changing manager is akin to rearranging the proverbial deck chairs on the titanic. We are destined for failure until the cancer at this club is removed. All we can hope is that it is removed before the club dies.

How will it be removed though? Venkys say they are here for the long haul, even if we get relegated to League 1. I completely agree that they are the problem and that is is impossible to imagine us making any progress in the right direction under them, but in what genuine scenario does anyone see them leaving? 

Archived