BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Baffling Quotes Since Venkys Takeover

Madon

• Backroom

Spotted a suggestion from Chor808 in the 'Coyle Out' thread, which was to make a video montage of quotes from either, Kean, Venkys, Coyle etc.. that have been either amusing, baffling or infuriating.

It'd be great if people can list quotes here and I'll crack on and put something together, for example:

Steve Kean: "David Goodwillie is like a young Wayne Rooney"

Thanks!

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve Kean on Ryan Nelsen: “He's in a bad way. I've just been to see him. He's in traction. We need experienced players in the team and I can't wait to get him back, but I doubt he'll be let out before the end of the season."

Or simply

Steve said: “The owners are very knowledgeable."

• Backroom

There was a quote shared in an old article recently where Venky Rao said something like:

'We don't want to fail, as the first Indian owners of a PL club'.

Steve Kean equations:

David Goodwillie = Wayne Rooney
Myles Anderson = Chris Smalling

Mauro Formica = Gabriel Batistuta

Bruno Riberio = Denis Irwin

Others?

Outstanding candidate

the fans are hurting the club by boycotting

living under a stone

the place was rocking

sleeping in the training ground

something about miles being a late developer

perhaps open with some quotes from pre venkys from jack or John w. Best run club etc....

'Our goals are simple,' says Venkatesh Rao, 45, who co-owns the VH Group with brother Balaji, 38, and sister Anuradha.

'We want to keep the fans happy and make the club better.

'As and when required, we will invest, in a responsible way, but let me be clear: money will not be a problem. I am not going to promise specific figures but if we need to spend £5m on something, we'll spend it. If we need £10m, £15m, £20m, we'll do it. We won't compromise on quality. We are prepared to spend a lot over time.'

Then they hired Kean

We are very pleased to be passing on the Rovers to the Rao family," said Paul Egerton-Vernon, chairman of the Jack Walker Settlement Trustees.

"We have been impressed with their enthusiasm for the club and their plans and ideas for future investment to develop it further as well as their wish and commitment to preserve the legacy of Jack Walker."

Egerton-Vernon added that Venky's would keep in place the club's current management team, led by chairman John Williams.

"We plan to focus on leveraging the global influence in establishing Blackburn Rovers as a truly global brand," Desai said today. "We will absolutely respect the Jack Walker legacy and will be actively supporting the organisation to ensure that Blackburn Rovers remain one of the best-run clubs within the Premier League."

Who could forget Jeromes:

"You have to ask yourself are there dark forces at work here (Meaning fans).

Also get the LET screenshot of them sending the article to the club before release.

Mike Cheston August 2016 -http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/14623108.Blackburn_Rovers_director_Mike_Cheston____very_pleased____with_season_tickets_sales/?ref=rl&lp=4;

“The club needs your support, the team needs your support, and if you’re not renewing your season ticket, I would ask why you are not renewing.

“If it’s a protest vote then you’re damaging the club, you’re damaging the staff, you’re damaging something you actually enjoy doing.

“If we do have a good team on the pitch playing next season and playing well, you’re denying yourselves.

So Mike having sat in the bottom three and not playing well have we denied ourselves?

Mike Cheston after Alan Myers leaves

So Alan will be replaced?

We will be looking, initially, to strengthen both the commercial and communications structures within the club, together with recruiting more experienced football people, which may well involve the appointment of one or two more persons to assist me on the board.

So we get a Pasha who was last running a biscuit factory for Venkys SA but still not formally announced as he has no work permit.

And then Senior who i've never heard off before but was last seen scouting for Charlton kids and getting binned from Wednesday.

Mike also still remains the only director on the board so even the walls are now starting to get bored of listening to him.

“From time to time we may sell players but that would not be driven by finances. Demonstrably we proved, for example, with Jordan Rhodes, that the owners have always supported us. We could have cashed in on Jordan Rhodes earlier than we did.

“We don’t need to for cash-flow purposes but sometimes you’ll find yourself in a position where you have to sell your best players.”

Cheston stated the commitment of Rovers owners Venky’s ‘cannot be questioned’ and cited the fact they are in the process of making a ‘key appointment to the management team’ as proof of that.

So we just sell players for the hell of it with no hope of re-investing but it's not for cash-flow and the owners remain committed to fleecing the club.

Taken from Goal.com

Venky quotes:

"Towards this end, we are planning to start a state-of-the-art Blackburn Rovers Training Academy in Pune. We want to create a world-class infrastructure for spotting and training talented youngsters from across India at this Academy."

-As India learns about Venkys’ ventures, the owners tell the nation their ambitious plans via their booklet “Blue and White”:

"Blackburn Rovers fans will be delighted to add to the family a huge Indian and Asian fan base."

-Director of Venkys, Balaji Rao sends a message to BRFC fans after their takeover

185033hp2.jpg

"We are going to sit this weekend and we are going to have a very big discussion over this."

- Venkatesh Rao’s quote when BRFC visited India. At that time, they were 19th in the league, fresh off a 4-0 hammering by Manchester City

"We are in this game for the long haul, and, and we will work passionately for the betterment of the club. We are committed to the game of football, to the players, and the fans. We shall leave no stone unturned to make them feel delighted."

-Another quote by Mr.Rao in the “Blue and White” expressing their intentions and future plans

"We are committed to see that BRFC turns a corner and becomes a top performer in the near future."

-Balaji Rao quoted in “Blue and White” in January 2011 issue commenting on the ambitions of Ewood Park

184644hp2.jpg

"We want good football and Blackburn to be fourth of fifth in the league or even better. The fans should trust us because this is in the best interests of the club."

-This statement was made by Anuradha Desai following the sacking of Sam Allardyce in December 2010

"We promise the fans that we will deliver results by hook or by crook."

-Following the fan protests, Venkatesh Rao promised to deliver the results when BRFC came visiting India

"The team is in the relegation zone right now, but it is going to come up I am sure of that."

-Balaji Rao backs under fire Kean to turn the club’s fortunes around

160281hp2.jpg

"Steve Kean’s job is very much safe and I'm sure he'll produce the results."

-Co-owner Venkatesh Rao insists Kean’s job is safe following a winless start to the season

"Venkys trying hard to get Ronaldinho for 2 years contract. Offered 7.2 million euros as salary per year to Mr. Assis"

-What Venkys' tweet read following their bid to bring Brazilian star Ronaldinho to Ewood Park

Archived