BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Baffling Quotes Since Venkys Takeover

Madon

A recent one from May 2016:

"Blackburn Rovers plan to make a key appointment to the management team at Ewood Park"

Following a number of changes at boardroom level during the 2015-16 season, this has provided an opportunity to reassess the management structure at the club.
At the centre of these discussions is creating a team which will take the club forward. One of the keys areas identified in order to achieve this is building stronger communications between the club and the Owners.
The Owners have provided financial support to the club for the last five years and have plans to invest further.
In order to ensure that this investment brings about the best possible chance of success for the club, a need for a new role within the management structure has been identified.
This role will be the key link between the club and the Owners. The Owners acknowledge that a new approach is needed to take the club to a new level. The person appointed will have the responsibility of managing communications between the club and the Owners, as well as managing the expectations from both sides.
The vacancy is being advertised shortly and will be live for the next 28 days. Following this, there will be interviews for candidates shortlisted and the successful candidate will be announced at the beginning of July.
Mike Cheston, Director of Blackburn Rovers, said: “We are delighted to advertise this position, as it will help improve the dialogue between the Owners, the club and its supporters and is one example of the club’s commitment to improve its communications.”

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/senior-management-restructure-update-3117165.aspx#sZ9UA2pI8Zk5PRFM.99

A new approach needed to take the club to a new level? Well they're certainly delivering on that front.

Managing the expectations from both sides? What, by dropping them through the floor?

Still waiting for the announcement of the successful candidate. I wonder how many people were interviewed?

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A recent one from May 2016:

"Blackburn Rovers plan to make a key appointment to the management team at Ewood Park"

Following a number of changes at boardroom level during the 2015-16 season, this has provided an opportunity to reassess the management structure at the club.

At the centre of these discussions is creating a team which will take the club forward. One of the keys areas identified in order to achieve this is building stronger communications between the club and the Owners.

One and no one else was a patcha on him!

The Owners have provided financial support to the club for the last five years and have plans to invest further.

In order to ensure that this investment brings about the best possible chance of success for the club, a need for a new role within the management structure has been identified.

This role will be the key link between the club and the Owners. The Owners acknowledge that a new approach is needed to take the club to a new level. The person appointed will have the responsibility of managing communications between the club and the Owners, as well as managing the expectations from both sides.

The vacancy is being advertised shortly and will be live for the next 28 days. Following this, there will be interviews for candidates shortlisted and the successful candidate will be announced at the beginning of July.

Mike Cheston, Director of Blackburn Rovers, said: “We are delighted to advertise this position, as it will help improve the dialogue between the Owners, the club and its supporters and is one example of the club’s commitment to improve its communications.”

http://www.rovers.co.uk/news/article/senior-management-restructure-update-3117165.aspx#sZ9UA2pI8Zk5PRFM.99

A new approach needed to take the club to a new level? Well they're certainly delivering on that front.

Managing the expectations from both sides? What, by dropping them through the floor?

Still waiting for the announcement of the successful candidate. I wonder how many people were interviewed?

One and no one else was a patcha on him.

There was a quote shared in an old article recently where Venky Rao said something like:

'We don't want to fail, as the first Indian owners of a PL club'.

Steve Kean equations:

David Goodwillie = Wayne Rooney

Myles Anderson = Chris Smalling

Mauro Formica = Gabriel Batistuta

Bruno Riberio = Denis Irwin

Others?

Didn't he do a Robbie Cotton = Stephen Gerrard one also?

http://www.gooleafc.com/teams/11378/player/robbie-cotton-1559712

I'd love to kick Steve Kean in the "goolies".

“It was difficult with Phil [Jones] because he got the opportunity to go to Manchester United and he wanted to play Champions League football now. We’re not there yet but I’m sure we will be in the next three or four seasons.”
"I think as far as effort it was poor, but not in terms of work ethic".

Steve Invisible Dog Kean

There was a quote shared in an old article recently where Venky Rao said something like:

Steve Kean equations:

Others?

oh yes that Myles who was on the bench for Barrow last night against Lincoln in the Conference!!

Steve Kean equations:

Others?

Such weird comparisons... It's like the way a simpleton or a small child might describe things. Just randomly compare them to any famous player. Batistuta and Formica didn't even play in the same position. I guess Tantric hadn't prepped him about this one beforehand.

Steve Kean equations:

Others?

Steve Kean = A. Penis

Steve Kean equations:

Others?

Now you see that is a get out clause, we are not a PL club

:(

• Backroom

I made a start last night,I knew there were a lot but not this many!

This thread has to be eye opening to the outsider, some of the quotes are downright ridiculous!

This was one of my favourites as it was from Sir Alex and no one ever challenged it, despite Jerome's propensity for legal threats.

"You’ve got that issue at Blackburn of an agent involved and deciding the future of the club, Jerome Anderson [of the SEM Group], he couldn’t pick his nose.

"It’s baffling and it’s a serious threat to how clubs get run and how they conduct themselves.”

From the Guardian https://www.theguardian.com/football/2012/sep/29/charlton-athletic-blackburn-rovers-championship

Blackburn have suffered one defeat this season – but near on two years of simmering conflict, fuelled by contentious managerial decisions, bizarre signings, and a memorable TV interview in which Kean claimed he did not have a dog (but had a packet of dog food positioned behind him)

I'm sure he also said once that he liked walking his dogs to get his mind off things.

It was a post match interview from memory. Asked how he would review the game and answered he would take his dogs out that night to think it through.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

Madon is it too late for the following?

Paul Senior "The owners will invest"

Owen Coyle "I've been tracking (Joao) for a few years"

Don't doubt Senior. I'm sure he was being honest when he said they would spend money if the right player became available. Unfortunately in the last 5 transfer windows going back more than 2 years there just haven't been any players out there in the big wide world that were worth paying for who could improve the squad.

January is a notoriously bad time for buying clubs to get value for money. I'm sure the cash is there but they are determined not to get ripped off. Its not as though we've any reason to urgently strengthen the squad or anything like that.

Remember, Venkys never say no to signing a cheque....

Archived