BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Next Round

Judging by the online plan on the website yesterday there are still plenty available in the Riverside and outer areas of the Blackburn Lower, but the Jack Walker is almost full.

Bear in mind that season ticket holder's seats are unavailable until Thursday so that is assuming the 9,000 or so season ticket holders will all be buying ticket(s) for this game.

A game of this magnitude should be a sell out. If it isn't then the impact of the last few years on supporters and local drifters will be clear. In years gone by Man United at home in a Cup game whether on TV or not would have been a sell out or at least 28,000+.

I don't think £30 is an unreasonable price, though quite a jump from the £10 in the last couple of rounds. I understand the club has to make money from these games but I think £20 or £25 would have been more appropriate and would probably have added another couple of thousand to the eventual gate. Having recently paid £30+ for Championship dross at Ipswich and Leeds I don't think £30 to go to Ewood for a cup game against Man Utd is too outrageous.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Given the Manure game is on the telly and the tickets are priced at £30 I can see many Rovers fans choosing to spend less than £30 and watch it down the pub.

The date is one of our lads fellwalking weekends in the Lakes.  It will include 3 ST holders and 3 former ST holders as well as a couple of dingles (decent lads) so we will be chatting football rather than watching it.

Leicester make 10 changes for tonight's game and more criminal in my opinion is Derby making 8 changes with Millwall to come in the next round.

If i was one of the 5000 Derby fans I'd be fuming at the total disregard for the greatest cup competition in the world.

Football without fans is nothing.

50 minutes ago, Gav said:

Leicester make 10 changes for tonight's game and more criminal in my opinion is Derby making 8 changes with Millwall to come in the next round.

If i was one of the 5000 Derby fans I'd be fuming at the total disregard for the greatest cup competition in the world.

Football without fans is nothing.

at least we wont make that many changes against man u we haven't got that many players to change

Probably about right looking at the website. Looks like a lot of season ticket holders haven't bothered to claim their own seats. Lots of seats still available in the Riverside and Blackburn Lower. I doubt they'll bother opening the Blackburn Upper at this rate.

Probably be about 21,000 on in total at this rate.

4 hours ago, Mattyblue said:

Thought I'd have a look at the online planner now the ST deadline has passed.

The Blackburn End and Riverside are still pretty much empty. Sell out? Not looking like it will get close...

Doesn't deserve to get close with these twohats in charge 

Just had a look at rovers Twitter all coming out of the woodwork one "fan" says the last game he bought tickets for was Liverpool in 2015 but wants to know can he buy tickets for utd. I think this will be close to 25k. 

Wouldn't surprise me if even one of the chicken chokers made an apperence as man utd are in town and a chance to showcase their products 

It's difficult enough after what this club has been through over the last few years to entice people back. The United game presents this opportunity to fill Ewood and all Rovers seem to want to do is put obstacles in the way of people buying tickets.

Apparently the tickets won't be going on 'general sale' because United have sold out their allocation and it is now a rule on 'police advice' that if the away club sells out its allocation then home tickets cannot go on general sale. I'm fairly sure this isn't a rule and is just what Lancashire Police will have asked for and as ever Rovers are happy to oblige, even if it means people can't get tickets.

I'm sure if Lincoln sell their allocation at Burnley that won't mean Burnley only sell tickets to database members.

It's just a 'rule' invented because Lancashire Police are dreading the prospect of 8,000+ United fans coming to town, because that's never happened before in the last 25 years.

The way things are going they could probably have designated the Blackburn Upper as a 'neutral' end and fill it with people who aren't on the database but have a local postcode. That way if there are United infiltrators they would be separate to the Rovers regulars and the risk of trouble kicking off ought to be reduced as they would be surrounded by people of a similar disposition, whereas Rovers could cash in on an extra 3,000 tickets sold and fill up Ewood.

I'm sure those Rovers fans not on the database and unable to get a ticket through a friend would number less than 3,000 so they would then be able to go along.

I just think the club is too much under the control of the local police. An example being the decision to close part of the Riverside and Jack Walker stands in the name of segregation. This was never done during the Premier League days and yet for some reason since we've been back in the Championship it is essential when a large away following comes to town. Obviously in the League the capacity reduction isn't an issue, but for a game against Man U in the Cup the club should always be targeting a full house and not allowing capacity to be reduced to the detriment of the attendance and income from the game. Ultimately it might not matter as it probably won't be a sell out, but they didn't know that when making the decision.

I'm sure all games v UTD have been quite strict in ticketing terms for years they have to be with that lot they could fill most grounds in the country by themselves with the local club selling to anyone and everyone. 

A quick think back to before they started giving them all the DE and getting strict with tickets and we can remember some unpleasant scenes in the home sections with pockets of gobby cockneys or local plastic reds. On this occasion i think they are right to be standing by their guns and if i wasn't boycotting after being a regular up to this season but just a once every 5 years casual then i'd not expect to get tickets. Having said that JH saying have just one neutral or relaxed section wouldn't be too bad an idea i don't think and shouldn't be that hard to police. Putting all the venky nonsense to one side for a min games like these are what can get new fans hooked after all.

My first game at Ewood was a cup tie v Forest when they were one of the high profile top division clubs, night game, floodlights, big crowd and atmosphere and names i'd only seen on telly on the pitch. It got me gripped until Venkys and co pushed me over the edge but the chances of building support from the areas youngsters are going to be very thin on the ground indeed in the next decade probably.

The damage these parasites have done eh ! 

34 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I'm sure all games v UTD have been quite strict in ticketing terms for years they have to be with that lot they could fill most grounds in the country by themselves with the local club selling to anyone and everyone. 

A quick think back to before they started giving them all the DE and getting strict with tickets and we can remember some unpleasant scenes in the home sections with pockets of gobby cockneys or local plastic reds. On this occasion i think they are right to be standing by their guns and if i wasn't boycotting after being a regular up to this season but just a once every 5 years casual then i'd not expect to get tickets. Having said that JH saying have just one neutral or relaxed section wouldn't be too bad an idea i don't think and shouldn't be that hard to police. Putting all the venky nonsense to one side for a min games like these are what can get new fans hooked after all.

My first game at Ewood was a cup tie v Forest when they were one of the high profile top division clubs, night game, floodlights, big crowd and atmosphere and names i'd only seen on telly on the pitch. It got me gripped until Venkys and co pushed me over the edge but the chances of building support from the areas youngsters are going to be very thin on the ground indeed in the next decade probably.

The damage these parasites have done eh ! 

We'll have a chat about it at Rotherham!!

Archived