BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Next Round

Just now, Al said:

This will test the mettle of the boycotters. I predict practically a full house.

It won't it'll just provide a great opportunity for part timers and casuals lapsed from the Prem days to find Ewood again for the first time since Liverpool were in town.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tomphil said:

It won't it'll just provide a great opportunity for part timers and casuals lapsed from the Prem days to find Ewood again for the first time since Liverpool were in town.

I fear you may be right.

Course he is right. As I've said before, despite the idea that many of the empty seats are those of "principled boycotters" - the reality is they cannot be arsed unless we are top flight, playing well or playing in a fashionable tie.

This is a chance for those who believe that protests are the solution to act - won't have regular chances to canvas the returning thousands.

I feel pretty confident that many United fans are still saddened by the fact that they are owned by the Yanks. Although their initial protests seem to have died down to a degree, I am sure there is plenty of hurt still. As many on here will know FCUM was formed because of this. As a way of perhaps bringing this to the attention of the media, even more than the Blackpool fixture, why not attempt a joint protest with United fans and also FCUM fans? Granted it is unlikely that we will get many fans staying outside, but something BIG inside can be organised, I am sure. It could perhaps be apt to even bring the Trump unrest into play, given the American theme at United. Thinking caps on guys, I am sure this could be good and the world will be watching.

18 hours ago, Spalding Rover said:

Could we get fliers made up to give to man u fans on entry, asking them to join in on venky out chants on 18th min and 75th minute, cant rely on our own. Then 76th min, everyone on pitch.....

Good idea.

3 hours ago, Al said:

This will test the mettle of the boycotters. I predict practically a full house.

I know you are an old boy and would highly recommend you attend as many matches going forward as possible.

I relate to that. Against my personal principles I had taken my Mum religously every other week the last five years. 

I am a fan of 40 years, but this season now no longer attend. Not because we don't play United anymore Al, or King Kenny left.

See Al I was there watching Kevin Hird, Metcalfe, Don Martin, Bobby Svarc. The old third division. With a crap ground, crap gates, no money and little hope of ever winning ANYTHING. Ever. I would have settled for that day winning the Full Members for the rest of my life, so low were expectations.

I am not attending due to what i believe to be a succession of decisions taken against the best interests of the club. Lining individual pockets along the way. Damaging the clubs infrastructure horrifically and threatening its very existance.

Im aware you feel differently, so even at a mature and informed age, just like my Mum, you want to keep attending, I wouldn't dream of criticising.

I'm young enough to both see and want the bigger picture. Which is the best for Rovers always. I want my kids to enjoy the Rovers Al. One little FA cup game is irrelevant when you are a fan for life.

6 hours ago, arbitro said:

They could be giving tickets away and I still wouldn't go.

Total boycott means exactly that to me.

I'd rather watch back to back episodes of Hollyoaks with my eyelids glued open

What could be worse than your money being allocated to Venky Scum / Oyston / The FA?

Venky Scum / The FA / Munich Scum that's what

19 hours ago, RevidgeBlue said:

The contents of the above post really made my blood boil and I was really going to go off on one about it. So wrong on so many levels. But never mind, life's too short.

Is that all this forum is now though, a willy waving contest for individuals to boast about how much they dislike the Club so much more than the next guy?

Why? I'm disenchanted, like so many are. I do feel fans who boycott can't legitimately claim it's a boycott and then go because it's a good opposition. Of course, many fans aren't 'boycotters' as such, just fans who no longer buy seasons due to Venky's/poor 'product'/combination of both. 

As for raising my kids as Rovers fans, why would I? I live in Cardiff now, and unless things change they'd be supporting a shell of a club. Why would I want them to support a club 5 hours away where the fans don't get on, the ground is half empty and we are sliding down the leagues? It won't change my feeling about Rovers.

I'm not boasting and I don't dislike Blackburn Rovers, I just dislike what the club has become. I still attend away games, I just don't go to Ewood. Sick of fans belittling each other.

I still want us to win games and do well, I just feel it's secondary to Venky's leaving.

3 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I'd rather watch back to back episodes of Hollyoaks with my eyelids glued open

What could be worse than your money being allocated to Venky Scum / Oyston / The FA?

Venky Scum / The FA / Munich Scum that's what

The Munich bit is a bit strong mate. I bet the venkys will be in town for the utd game. ....

9 hours ago, JHRover said:

How can they sell out corporate if they still don't know what time the kick off is and haven't announced ticketing arrangements yet?

Unless someone does know the final arrangements but they are holding back from telling the fans....

Dan the man would have been cracking open the champagne after last night's draw. They'll make more money off this Cup game than the rest of the season put together and it will be pats on the backs all round at Ewood.

I bought a table for 8 in Jacks Kitchen for the West Ham FA Cup game last season.  The corporate area was full and was virtually all Wham fans.  Rovers could not give a dickie bird about the Rovers fans and were all over the visitors.  Expect worse for Manure with Utd being sold BBE boxes.

4 years ago I was going to get a box in the BBE.  I will not buy a pie or Mars Bar now.

I expect most of the corporate is already allocated to the prawn buttie brigade.

Just now, preston blue said:

I should have added I have already been tapped up for tickets from Mancs.  Yes they can have them, and I will not look to make a profit.

It's your duty to make a profit on the @#/?s.

Game now confirmed as Sunday 19th too. Time TBC.

Can't advocate selling tickets in home area to away fans. Borderline stupidity regardless of any ill feeling. The amount of fights it's caused around the ground over the years for the sake of a few quid!

I honestly don't know what people are expecting, sport, politics, whatever, you never get a majority of people marching, sitting in etc. Why constantly bang on about how the remaining attendees SHOULD be doing this and that, how Rovers fans have no balls etc etc. People aren't doing it, so move on- though the RIGHT protest does engage the attendees- look at Wolves, so maybe we should be going back to the drawing board and looking to see what attract large numbers, instead of castigating people that have protested in the past.

Oh and how about more than a few dozen of the missing 12,000 help out too? It's a two way street.

After drawing Man Yoo, we are going to be going over and over the same arguments again and again.

Our average crowd has gone from 25000 to 11000 (I can imagine it will be about 7000 next season)- that's some verdict on the owners get that out there 

We've sold off every player of note- get that out there

We've no board- get that out there

Ensure that we continue to engage the media, look at the widespread coverage of Saturday, did it matter that only a minority marched? No, because we got the publicity anyway. Just like the minority that protest at Coventry do, or the minority that did against Hicks and Gillett (the Spirit of Shankly group was made up of what percentage of LFC's support?).

It is 2017, battles are now won and lost by owning the message on the plethora of media platforms, we are doing well,  so on we go.

23 hours ago, gumboots said:

I'm actually in Blackpool watching my son and son in law running the fylde half marathon if the match is Sunday. So I can't be tempted, but unfortunately might also miss any protests outside the ground. And if it's Monday night I'm in Edinburgh

see you there ... im also running that ;-)

Just now, blue kiwi said:

Ive just had a thought,B Munich used to have fans in white boiler suits advertising one of there sponsers,what if we purchased seats to spell VENKYS OUT in the darwen end side of the jack walker.

I thought something similar. Get someone in the ground super early to put messages saying "put your phone light on at eg30mins in", done on the right seats to spell VENKYS OUT.

Archived