BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Next Round

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 hours ago, preston blue said:

I should have added I have already been tapped up for tickets from Mancs.  Yes they can have them, and I will not look to make a profit.

That's disgusting. United fans are mainly glory hunters and the worst supporters in Britain.

18 hours ago, Jbizzle said:

Can't advocate selling tickets in home area to away fans. Borderline stupidity regardless of any ill feeling. The amount of fights it's caused around the ground over the years for the sake of a few quid!

Correct.

Just now, Dunnfc said:

I thought the fa rules were only 15% of tickets in the cup can go to the away team?

Is that not the minimum

Edit -

FA Rules regarding the cup, http://www.thefa.com/-/media/files/pdf/fa-competitions-2016-17/fa-cup/fa-cup-rules-2016-2017.ashx?la=en

In all matches preceding the Semi-Finals, the Visiting Club shall have the right to claim up to 15% of all accommodation for which tickets are issued providing these tickets are in a fully segregated area, and subject to the following regulations

I read that as a minimum,

The Football Association has outlined the process for deciding away ticket allocations at FA Cup with Budweiser ties.

A spokesman for the competition said: "FA Cup rules allow for an away allocation of up to 15% of the home stadium.

"However this is subject to the local Safety Advisory Group (SAG) agreeing to that ticket allocation number.

"The SAG is made up of services such as the local council, police, fire brigade and the club amongst others and issues the stadium’s health and safety certificate.

"In regards to the Arsenal v Everton Sixth Round tie at the Emirates on Saturday 8 March, the local SAG has chosen to allocate just under 9% to the Everton supporters.

"Although we appreciate the disappointment in the SAG not granting the full 15% allocation, it is nearly double the amount of tickets that Everton would have received for the Premier League fixture at the Emirates back in December.

"The FA does not have any input into the decision of the SAG and cannot change it as this is a matter of health and safety."

So we need to make sure they get the least possible and get as many to boycott. Not a penny more. You know Chezza and Pasha will try and whore as much money as possible otherwise from both sets of fans.

To be fair, the Club are doing their best to assist the boycott by charging a flat £30 per head for a televised game.

Surely some sort of incentive should have been given to season ticket holders or those that attended the previous cup matches or both?

I didn't catch the announcement at the ground properly either but it only sounds like you have 2 minutes to claim your own seat as well.

• Backroom
45 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed. 'We want our Club back" is also a much better message to put out than simply "Venky's out" because we need them to hang about to pay the bills.

No, we don't. There will be interest in us if we are in administration and are bought for £1. Hell, Qataris, Seneca, the McNairs were all interested while we're NOT a bargain.

1 hour ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Agreed. 'We want our Club back" is also a much better message to put out than simply "Venky's out" because we need them to hang about to pay the bills.

we need them to back the club not pay the bills,nobodies fault but there own for the position the club are in.

Just now, blue kiwi said:

we need them to back the club not pay the bills,nobodies fault but there own for the position the club are in.

Absolutely. Whilst they're still here we need them to back the Club AND pay the bills until such time as someone else is brave and foolhardy enough to do so.

8 hours ago, Gavlar Somerset Rover! said:

Who gives a flying @#/? about this game. Nationwide humiliation against one of the big boys. Yep, going to be very fun indeed.

Good shop window though, basically that is what we are now ,no doubt Mr Cillit Bang is looking forward to the next transfer window.

A second rate exchange and mart of the footballing world, the was the original plan with Barry's mate Jerome and partners, now we are a cheaper shoddier version.

32 minutes ago, Dunnfc said:

I hope they don't pay the bills Rev and speed the admin process up. We don't need them at all

As we owe them serious money to repay the loans I really don't see them putting the club in admin and giving up any chance of that being repaid.  I suspect they will be here for a few more years.

Archived