BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Fa Cup Next Round

Just now, eddy11d said:

What is your problem, complete @#/?. 'Rovers fans won't make a peep', yeah they won't if people like you (who I assume would make a peep) don't attend... is that really difficult for you to work out? Tit.

The sentiment behind it is right but you've got to be realistic it's going to be difficult to get people in soley for the reason of protest when it's likely to be £30-35 quid a pop. live TV and probably a Sunday dinner. People who do turn out under those circumstances will probably be your bona fide part time casuals or lapsed Prem fans just turning up because it's a big name.

Have you learned nothing ?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, tomphil said:

The sentiment behind it is right but you've got to be realistic it's going to be difficult to get people in soley for the reason of protest when it's likely to be £30-35 quid a pop. live TV and probably a Sunday dinner. People who do turn out under those circumstances will probably be your bona fide part time casuals or lapsed Prem fans just turning up because it's a big name.

Have you learned nothing ?

Boycott or attend, someone will be in your seat and Venkys will get their £35 either way. I think it'd be better if the person in that seat was someone who'd join in with the anti-Venkys chants, bring in a banner etc. than a plastic Rovers fan or a United fan. I'm sure you would too? By boycotting this game you're doing more harm than good imo.

Just now, eddy11d said:

Boycott or attend, someone will be in your seat and Venkys will get their £35 either way. I think it'd be better if the person in that seat was someone who'd join in with the anti-Venkys chants, bring in a banner etc. than a plastic Rovers fan or a United fan. I'm sure you would too? By boycotting this game you're doing more harm than good imo.

I understand that but boycott means boycott and if everyone did that it's a far bigger statement and kick in the nuts to Venkys than anything else. As you've highlighted though it's likely the tickets will be taken or fall into red plastic hands that's why it's the worst draw we could've had imo

We don't have enough fans anymore to sway it either way. Best we can hope for in this is organic protest if we are getting hammered and it provokes more into joining in.

2 hours ago, sambo said:

I won't be going for a whole host of reasons.

Morals, money and the sneering of 'non-protesters' saying fans are 'only back as it's a big game'. Boring really, as I'd have only gone in if there was a large protest.

We will sell out for this one, and I'll further become disenchanted with Rovers fans and their lack of backbone. We will get 25,000 or so, further underlining that fans only want Venkys out if it doesn't inconvenience them one bit. 

I'm starting to care less and less, and don't feel like I have much in common with Rovers supporters anyway. I certainly can't see myself raising my kids as Rovers fans, not after the events of the last year or  

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:
2 hours ago, sambo said:

I won't be going for a whole host of reasons.

Morals, money and the sneering of 'non-protesters' saying fans are 'only back as it's a big game'. Boring really, as I'd have only gone in if there was a large protest.

We will sell out for this one, and I'll further become disenchanted with Rovers fans and their lack of backbone. We will get 25,000 or so, further underlining that fans only want Venkys out if it doesn't inconvenience them one bit. 

I'm starting to care less and less, and don't feel like I have much in common with Rovers supporters anyway. I certainly can't see myself raising my kids as Rovers fans, not after the events of the last year or  

The contents of the above post really made my blood boil and I was really going to go off on one about it. So wrong on so many levels. But never mind, life's too short.

Is that all this forum is now though, a willy waving contest for individuals to boast about how much they dislike the Club so much more than the next guy?

7 minutes ago, tomphil said:

I understand that but boycott means boycott and if everyone did that it's a far bigger statement and kick in the nuts to Venkys than anything else. As you've highlighted though it's likely the tickets will be taken or fall into red plastic hands that's why it's the worst draw we could've had imo

We don't have enough fans anymore to sway it either way. Best we can hope for in this is organic protest if we are getting hammered and it provokes more into joining in.

I agree that Rovers fans are mainly useless and nothing will probably happen but at least there's more of a chance of protests happening if the boycotters turn up.

Lots of repairs needed today looking at all the self styled moral high ground that collapsed on twitter last night sticking the boot into protesters and boycotters the minute little old Blackburn Rovers drew a big club in the cup.

The current situation summed up in the words of Ian Curtis - When routine bites hard and ambitions are low and resentment rides high but emotions won't grow

United? Wish our fans were.

It's not the opposition I ever go to watch so totally irrelevant for me who we play. 

No doubt those still supporting will flock to this one along with any hangers on they can attract. Plus all the United fans around central and east lancs. Should be a decent crowd and some welcome income for the clubs struggling owners.

NAPM from me. Would rather dig my garden than watch United and feel similar about Rovers under the Venkys.

6 years is way too long. Imagine it gets to 10 or 12 or 15 feeling this way. Ill never support a different club, but Bamber Bridge is local and needs every penny so i may give them some if things continue.

Its 6am and I'm on here. I love all we used to be and hate all we have become. As an original protestor i remain disappointed in the lack of foresight, interest and desire of our fanbase to unite for the common good. 

Win or lose little changes.

7 hours ago, wolfie said:

Sorry Dunnfc, response was meant for Stuarts post, my mistake, quoted the wrong reply...

:rolleyes:

I said "no harm in asking". Did it really prompt that reply? I thought you overreacted to someone else's post. Hope you've had a good night's sleep!

Surely this is the time to have #operation fill Ewood?  There is obviously going to be a big gate so if the protest groups market this everybody in, it's bound to be success.  - thus showing perspective owners what the club MAY be like.  Which is what many called for.

Few strategic banners around the ground.

Everybody happy.

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Surely this is the time to have #operation fill Ewood?  There is obviously going to be a big gate so if the protest groups market this everybody in, it's bound to be success.  - thus showing perspective owners what the club MAY be like.  Which is what many called for.

Everybody happy.

a few a thousand is not enough

Just now, Wing Wizard Windy Miller said:

Everybody happy.

I see a banner saying     "See what you have done, Venkys"

I'm on the fence about this one, didn't go to Blackpool, didn't plan on going to any cup games and I'm not renewing my season ticket in the summer.

It's just the chance to see Ibrahimovic and Pogba play live for me, won't get that chance again. It's kind of like a mental sticker collection for me.

Just now, donnermeat said:

I'm on the fence about this one, didn't go to Blackpool, didn't plan on going to any cup games and I'm not renewing my season ticket in the summer.

It's just the chance to see Ibrahimovic and Pogba play live for me, won't get that chance again. It's kind of like a mental sticker collection for me.

Except they will probably be rested!

2 hours ago, Stuart said:

:rolleyes:

I said "no harm in asking". Did it really prompt that reply? I thought you overreacted to someone else's post. Hope you've had a good night's sleep!

Yes Stuart, having read it back, I did over react. Apologies.

The most successful protest,visually, has been the 1875 Wolves game.

A repeat of that would be great for this game. Imagine empty stands beamed around the world until the 18th minute. The Utd fans would no doubt applaud it and may well get caught up in it and join in the Venkys Out chants. Then the stadium all but empties on the 75th minute, again beamed around the world. We know it works, people can still watch the start and finish of the game in the concourse and there are likely to be much more walk ons for this game than Wolves, who may well join in if it is as well publicised as the last time. 

The town should be buzzing, FA Cup 5th round at home against United, sleepless nights, dreaming of cup final glory.

The FA Cup game in 1985 immediately springs to mind 

Sadly like many I never even batted an eyelid when I saw the draw late last night, its a sad sad state of affairs what those rats have done to the town, its fans and the Blackburn Rovers community at large.

Greedy Scumbags the lot of them.

Archived