BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stuart said:

Do you want Rovers to stay up this season? Because your posts suggest you aren't bothered either way.

I haven't commented on that I've just been willing them on all night.

It doesn't matter what I or others post because you don't read or understand them. You see meanings that aren't there.

Take the negative head off and read what people are actually writing.

Just now, SamTheLeedsRover said:

Steele is bang average. Sure he flapped at the goal, as good a strike as it was. We have always been blessed with good goalkeepers up until latter Robinson. Could be the difference between staying up and not sadly 

Steele had no chance with the goal Sam, cracking strike.

Just now, JohnD said:

Take the negative head off and read what people are actually writing.

All day people have been setting up the excuses for not winning a must win game.

How many free games does Mowbray get? 3 more games in the next 11 days is a lot, for instance. Does he get to write those off too?

Just now, Stuart said:

All day people have been setting up the excuses for not winning a must win game.

How many free games does Mowbray get? 3 more games in the next 11 days is a lot, for instance. Does he get to write those off too?

It wasn't written off. We drew, away from home, against a team higher than us in the league...

Just now, Stuart said:

Did you expect anyone to come in and win straight away with the players we have got, taking into account the previous performances this season

Just now, wolfie said:

It wasn't written off. We drew, away from home, against a team higher than us in the league...

Everyone is the league except Rotherham is higer than us.

If that's the criteria then we are down without a fight.

We must start winning games - including games against "teams higher than us in the league". Especially since that's nearly everyone. :rolleyes:

Just now, Stuart said:

Only you've decided it was a 'must win' game. Our fate won't be decided tonight. It will be decided by getting a few more points than the likes of Wigan and Bristol City etc over the next 10+ games.

And stop building straw men, only you've said he had written off tonight.

You're being very petulant.

Just now, yoda said:

Did you expect anyone to come in and win straight away with the players we have got, taking into account the previous performances this season

A win against Burton was required tonight.

Why the F am I bothering on here? Nobody else wants us to avoid relegation.

Just now, Stuart said:

Everyone is the league except Rotherham is higer than us.

If that's the criteria then we are down without a fight.

We must start winning games - including games against "teams higher than us in the league". Especially since that's nearly everyone. :rolleyes:

But in the context of a new manager's 1st game (after 3 days), taking over from the shambles that was Coyle and playing away. against a team that's just beaten Norwich.

Just now, Stuart said:

Oh dear, you sound like my 4 year old grandson. I'd advise having a bite to eat, taking a nap

. Or laying off the ale. that one's just for you, obvs

Just now, Stuart said:

Behave, 48 hours and away 1st game with the players we have.

If the donut king had not been here previously the players would have been fitter and more than likely won tonight

Just now, wolfie said:

Oh dear, you sound like my 4 year old grandson. I'd advise having a bite to eat, taking a nap

. Or laying off the ale. that one's just for you, obvs

When we are relegated I'm going to refer back to posts like this.

Tonight was a vital game and it's over.

Let's pretend that a draw is a good result.

But where I take issue is people crediting Mowbray for a draw but not holding him accountable for selecting a team that wasn't up to the required task: a win.

Just now, yoda said:

Behave, 48 hours and away 1st game with the players we have.

If the donut king had not been here previously the players would have been fitter and more than likely won tonight

Plenty of people have been defending Coyle all season.

My beef isn't with you, so let's leave it there.

Just now, Irishrover213 said:

Won't be too long before he's moaning. He 15m player in transfer window can't see him getting anything near that in the summer. They could find themselves in big trouble 

I was gutted as much as the next guy, when he left us in summer. Looking at what he's done at Wolves with money though, we may have got lucky. It's just a shame we replaced him with bloody Coyle ! 

Just now, Stuart said:

When we are relegated I'm going to refer back to posts like this.

Tonight was a vital game and it's over.

Let's pretend that a draw is a good result.

But where I take issue is people crediting Mowbray for a draw but not holding him accountable for selecting a team that wasn't up to the required task: a win.

Please feel free, the guy's been here for 2 days. Always quite liked you as a poster but you're not doing yourself any favours this evening.

I'll leave it at that.

Just now, scotchrover said:

I was gutted as much as the next guy, when he left us in summer. Looking at what he's done at Wolves with money though, we may have got lucky. It's just a shame we replaced him with bloody Coyle ! 

The same was said about Allardyce and Kean.

We never learn.

Archived