BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, wolfie said:

Please feel free, the guy's been here for 2 days. Always quite liked you as a poster but you're not doing yourself any favours this evening.

I'll leave it at that.

Maybe I'm not but I'm angry at watching the same mistakes with the sane results followed by the same excuses, just with a different talking head in the dugout.

Mowbray simply MUST learn from tonight and change things by Tuesday. Time is running out.

Mowbray and Rovers don't have time on our side.

Just now, Stuart said:

When we are relegated I'm going to refer back to posts like this.

Tonight was a vital game and it's over.

Let's pretend that a draw is a good result.

But where I take issue is people crediting Mowbray for a draw but not holding him accountable for selecting a team that wasn't up to the required task: a win.

Have you seen the team which Coyle's left him with though? He's had 1 session with them too, after the 'Sandy & Owen' show. We've got to be realistic, and have a bit of patience. Mowbray attempting to polish dog muck in my eyes, but I still think he'll keep us up. 

Mogga (really loving the nickname, that alone was reason enough to hire him) had only been there since what, Thursday? A low-scoring draw is the best we could realistically hope for. 

The real issue of course is how late or was left to do the decent thing and fire Coyle. 

My reading of things is that if we go down, it won't be mogga's fault. It will be the culmination of six years of appalling mismanagement and utter neglect as well as other aspects that I will shy away from mentioning on a public forum. 

Are almost in march and crazy as it is to admit the possibility of us being relegated now feels very real. It will be very hard to take and an  awful day emotionally if and when we go down. I probably won't believe it at first. 

But then there's never been much good news under venkys. It's all a dead loss until they go 

Just now, scotchrover said:

Have you seen the team which Coyle's left him with though? He's had 1 session with them too, after the 'Sandy & Owen' show. We've got to be realistic, and have a bit of patience. Mowbray attempting to polish dog muck in my eyes, but I still think he'll keep us up. 

He should not have applied if he didn't think he could hit the ground running. It's not a charity. "Gizza managers job".

My concern with his RR interview was that he was looking to next season already. He needs to keep us up. I'm expecting a very different line up against Derby.

A new captain is an absolute must.

• Backroom
Just now, Stuart said:

Course it did. Nice try but you got ahead of yourself and got it wrong.

For once, I'm gunna say I think Jim was actually cracking a joke. It wasn't long after a post which suggested the team was selected by the David's, Lowe and Dunn.

The problem is we have zero options at centre defense or in centre midfield right now.

Guthrie can't play more than 50mins a game, and Lowe is, and always has been,a dreadful midfielder.

We would all love to play Mulgrew in centre mid, but he has to fill in at the back, at least till Hoban and Ward get back. Greer gets beaten easily in the air and on the deck, liability.

Just now, yoda said:

OK

Next home game, no excuses a win is all that is acceptable

This is exactly my point though. Derby are in 11th, 18 points ahead. I've just been told that I should expect us to beat Burton 6 points above us in 19th!

Derby is clearly also written off by some.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

Whatever you think sweetie. Consensus is you've hit a Lowe point tonight with your over-the-top reaction.

Now that is a joke. A poor one but still a joke.

Shame you can't admit you jumped in too soon with your response the the word Lowe.

As it is, he must be replaced as captain with immediate effect.

Just now, Stuart said:

This is exactly my point though. Derby are in 11th, 18 points ahead. I've just been told that I should expect us to beat Burton 6 points above us in 19th!

Derby is clearly also written off by some.

I know what your point is but for a 1st game away from home and only 48 hours with the players the stats at least show a vast improvement

Just now, Stuart said:

He should not have applied if he didn't think he could hit the ground running. It's not a charity. "Gizza managers job".

My concern with his RR interview was that he was looking to next season already. He needs to keep us up. I'm expecting a very different line up against Derby.

A new captain is an absolute must.

Okay then, name a manager that would have come in and hit the ground by beating Burton, who actually wanted to take us on? We're a shambles as a club, both on and off the field. 

With regards to next season- is there anything wrong with that? Any sane manager would have done that. We've got a squad full of borrowed players. 

Just now, scotchrover said:

I was gutted as much as the next guy, when he left us in summer. Looking at what he's done at Wolves with money though, we may have got lucky. It's just a shame we replaced him with bloody Coyle ! 

Never a truer spoken scotch. Was gutted when he left but he wants his cake eat it then eat it again. I'm sure if their results keep going Lambert could find himself looking for work. 

Stuart, if you actually properly listened to the RR interview. He said we need to stay up 1st before anything else. We need results. 

Tonight we seen how he wants us to play in the 1st half. Hopefully the players will be working on that starting tomorrow/Sunday

Mowbray will be looking towards the summer to put a plan in place to sign players that fot the style of play and tactics we will play next season along with Paul Senior. 

Just now, Fraserkirky said:

The problem is we have zero options at centre defense or in centre midfield right now.

Guthrie can't play more than 50mins a game, and Lowe is, and always has been,a dreadful midfielder.

We would all love to play Mulgrew in centre mid, but he has to fill in at the back, at least till Hoban and Ward get back. Greer gets beaten easily in the air and on the deck, liability.

I'm not sure Mulgrew will be moved into midfield. It doesn't look like he's got the legs for 90 minutes there.

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Stuart, if you actually properly listened to the RR interview. He said we need to stay up 1st before anything else. We need results. 

Tonight we seen how he wants us to play in the 1st half. Hopefully the players will be working on that starting tomorrow/Sunday

Mowbray will be looking towards the summer to put a plan in place to sign players that fot the style of play and tactics we will play next season along with Paul Senior. 

SIGN PLAYERS????????!!!!! 

BLOODY HELL MAN. We've flogged anyone with talent. They've all long gone. They've  been replaced with sick notes, dossers and the hopelessly crap. 

Do you seriously believe he's going to be allowed to restructure this summer? There's no evidence at  all for this belief 

Firstly, play like what? Keep the ball and have zero shots on target?

looking towards the summer for what? To sign a couple of rejects on loan from west brom or boro offer them @#/? wages and then end up with someone from Bacup Borough?

Senior? Do you mean the T-wat who's brought in his lover boy, the dolloper Joao?

chaddy get a grip, the club is a shambles, the squad is a disgrace and the manager is an unlucky bugger taking the worst job in Britain

Wake up chaddyrovers sign player's.. More like cheaper options will replace cheap options and any remaining high earners shifted out or paid up... 

Do you really think we'll afford to sign Emnes or keep Graham in league one.. No pal won't happen 

Meanwhile tbf a point isn't too bad it's still all to play for in the next 14 matches I think Mowbray thinks it's doable definitely 

Archived