BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

Just now, Stuart said:

First test for Mowbray: failed.

Must win game not won. Same mistakes in team selection made. The stats show that we are better off without Lowe, yet he continues to be picked.

Over to the apologists to start making their excuses.

Give it a rest, just because you were initially crying at the appointment doesn't mean you shouldn't support him... there's 14 games left and we'd have lost this game under Coyle.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can see it from both sides.

Under Coyle this was a guaranteed loss, so in that respect it's a point gained, but settling for a point against Burton with so few games left, and the battle against relegation so real, that it's also two points dropped.

At least Mowbray made some positive substitutions at decent times, unlike clueless. 

Just now, Gav said:

Stuart you can't fight everyone in the pub pal, no point trying.

We needed to win I agree, it looks bleak but we still have hope.

Keep the faith pal :tu:

Stuart hasn't got any fight he just gives up and moans, moans, moans.

No fat lady singing yet

Come on you Blues!

Just now, perthblue02 said:

Hang on , were you not whinging the other day about posters being respectful to different views?

Actually we did fail, we failed to beat Burton,  imo it was important we didn't get beat , can't read to much into Mowbrays reign as the team was probably suggested by Lowe and Dunn, so hopefully he makes his own mind up on a couple of players in the next few games.

Hang on PerthBlue, for me, Stuart cannot wait to be negative and IMO, been waiting to give stick to Mowbray after 3 days in the job. Its exactly what he cannot wait to do.

On Mowbray, I think he has tried to input some tactical changes with a simple 4-4-2 system. I hope Mowbray has them in tomorrow and going through some tactical works and little fitness work

Just now, RV Blue said:

Give it a rest, just because you were initially crying at the appointment doesn't mean you shouldn't support him... there's 14 games left and we'd have lost this game under Coyle.

So Mowbray IS responsible for tonight's result, despite having no time?

The plot thickens.

Must not lose? For goodness sake, people have been saying that since Christmas, we never end up winning the vital games and usually lose or deserve to lose them. 

What is giving people this optimism? As I am sure as fook struggling to think of anything positive.

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

As someone has already said that was a 'must not lose' game rather than a 'must win'. A point is a decent start for Mowbray. It's encouraging we had so much of the ball simply because we aren't the best defensively.

The over-rated Lambert lost again. That's 4 in a row, and 5 out of the last 6. 

Bristol City away to Newcastle tomorrow. Wigan at home to Forest. 

All to play for. 

17  Aston Villa 32 8 12 12 30 38 -8 36
Lost to Brentford Lost to Nottm Forest Lost to Ipswich Lost to Barnsley Lost to Newcastle
18  Nottm Forest 33 10 6 17 46 58 -12 36
Won against Rotherham Won against Aston Villa Lost to Norwich Lost to Fulham Lost to Sheff Wed
19  Burton A 34 9 9 16 34 47 -13 36
Lost to Fulham Won against Wolves Lost to Brighton Won against Norwich Drew with Derby
20  Wolves 32 9 8 15 39 44 -5 35
Lost to Norwich Won against Barnsley Lost to Burton A Lost to Newcastle Lost to Wigan
21  Bristol City 32 9 5 18 42 48 -6 32
Drew with Sheff Wed Won against Rotherham Drew with Derby Lost to Leeds Lost to Fulham
22  Wigan 33 7 9 17 30 40 -10 30
Drew with Norwich Lost to Fulham Won against Wolves Drew with Preston North End Lost to QPR
23  Blackburn 32 7 9 16 37 50 -13 30
Drew with Birmingham Lost to Leeds Won against QPR Drew with Rotherham Lost to Sheff Wed
24  Rotherham 33 4 5 24 30 73 -43 17

You can't talk about Saint Paul like that on here. Some posters might think he's been shagging your wife. Lol.

Just now, RV Blue said:

Who's blaming that gaffer? The team is ducking awful, we are terrible it's that simple, that poor manager won't be able to do @#/? all with these lot

Just now, JohnD said:

Stuart hasn't got any fight he just gives up and moans, moans, moans.

No fat lady singing yet

Come on you Blues!

Gives up? The only people giving up are those comfortable with not winning tonight.

Don't bother going to any more games JohnD. We don't need wet lettuces like you cheering on a draw.

If Coyle was in charge tonight, we would have walked away empty handed, after an injury time mistake. Instead we've come away with a point, and we're a win away from moving out the bottom 3.

T.M. has taken over an utter shambles of a team, that hasn't had any professional defensive or fitness training since Lambert was about. A point is a bloody good start in my eyes, when he's probably only had one training session. 

Tony Mowbray's Blue and White Army! 

Just now, chaddyrovers said:

Hang on PerthBlue, for me, Stuart cannot wait to be negative and IMO, been waiting to give stick to Mowbray after 3 days in the job. Its exactly what he cannot wait to do.

On Mowbray, I think he has tried to input some tactical changes with a simple 4-4-2 system. I hope Mowbray has them in tomorrow and going through some tactical works and little fitness work

It doesn't matter what Stuart does or doesn't do. YOU regularly pontificate that everyone should be free to express their views AND be treated with respect.

Once again you fail to live up to the standards you set for others.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

You can't talk about Saint Paul like that on here. Some posters might think he's been shagging your wife. Lol.

I've got the badge on that one. My criticism of him got me a 6-month ban off his biggest fanboy mod:rolleyes: I'm not bitter though.

Lambert is very capable of going on some appalling winless streaks. He did it with us. He's doing it with Wolves. We're lucky they've got him ;)

Just now, Stuart said:

Gives up? The only people giving up are those comfortable with not winning tonight.

Don't bother going to any more games JohnD. We don't need wet lettuces like you cheering on a draw.

and we don't need you going to games being Mr negative and moaning.

we need to get behind the players and Mowbray unless we actually want us to go down. You decide?

Just now, Stuart said:

Read your post back. It was a stupid reply on your part.

But no, a draw is a fantastic result against relegation rivals with us 6 points worse off. Does nobody want us to stay up or what?

All the early excuses now being used to absolve our "head coach" of any responsibility. May as well have saved a few days wages. Presumably these four games in 12 days can be written off too?

I'm pretty sure no one said it was a fantastic result.

Just now, Stuart said:

I'm not comfortable with it Stuart but it is what it is. If we can draw away and win at home  we'll have a chance. It's going to be a rocky ride so hold on to your hat.

Archived