BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Burton away - Friday 24 Feb - 6 pointer

22 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Only you've decided it was a 'must win' game. Our fate won't be decided tonight. It will be decided by getting a few more points than the likes of Wigan and Bristol City etc over the next 10+ games.

And stop building straw men, only you've said he had written off tonight.

You're being very petulant.

He's just trying to justify his embarrassing posts when Mowbray was first appointed, "I feel physically sick" etc. Luckily he's clueless on most other matters so I'm going to bet that he'll be wrong on this as well.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RV Blue said:

He's just trying to justify his embarrassing posts when Mowbray was first appointed, "I feel physically sick" etc. Luckily he's clueless on most other matters so I'm going to bet that he'll be wrong on this as well.

He's got a right to voice his opinion :tu:

You need a thicker skin sunshine.

Just now, Gav said:

doesn't mean you're not clueless either sir, as you've demonstrated over the past few days.

Come on Gav, you're better than that yah boo type of retort.

I sort of agree with Stuart that a point wasn't good enough for us tonight.

That said the blame for that can hardly be put at Mowbray's door after one full day with the players and if he could maybe have picked a better team the measure of him will be how quickly he spots and rectifies that (if at all). In that respect Stuart has completely overreact ed imo.

Would be interested to hear the views of those who actually went. Signs of life? Or are we so **** we're sunk?

Some encouraging words from Burton boss Nigel Clough.

"After the first half it is definitely a point gained," Clough said. "I thought Blackburn were magnificent in the first half and we couldn't get near them in any shape or form.

"We were hoping to get in [at half-time] 0-0 and even after they scored not concede a second they were that good. We looked tired. It's been a hard week for us but we came out and changed it around a bit in the second half and deserved the equaliser."

Clough was philosophical about Christensen's effort that almost snatched the victory but admitted his side did not deserve the three points.
He said: "We were then an inch off winning it late on which we didn't deserve to do - but it would have been nice."

16 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Mowbray will be looking towards the summer to put a plan in place to sign players that fot the style of play and tactics we will play next season along with Paul Senior. 

Big picture Chaddy.

last week the club used the word "restructuring" - which you thought was promising. I and others told you that has always meant cuts. This week Cheston told us openly that the club would be making more cuts, whichever league we're in. How many fans really believe that the squad can be improved under those circumstances? Or maybe Man U/city are going down the wrong route. Maybe they'd be better off selling all of their players, making big cuts and replacing them with much cheaper versions.

Just now, RevidgeBlue said:

Come on Gav, you're better than that yah boo type of retort.

I sort of agree with Stuart that a point wasn't good enough for us tonight.

That said the blame for that can hardly be put at Mowbray's door after one full day with the players and if he could maybe have picked a better team the measure of him will be how quickly he spots and rectifies that (if at all). In that respect Stuart has completely overreact ed imo.

Would be interested to hear the views of those who actually went. Signs of life? Or are we so **** we're sunk?

Cheeky kids been running wild over the past few days Rev.......

Point wasn't good enough, but no fault of the new manager, Stuart lost the plot slightly tonight, passion coming through.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

First test for Mowbray: failed.

Must win game not won. Same mistakes in team selection made. The stats show that we are better off without Lowe, yet he continues to be picked.

Over to the apologists to start making their excuses.

Bit harsh Stuart, he had what a whole two days to cure the Coyle cancer our team is infected with.  Did not lose at least.  Coyle probably would have.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

You just couldn't to start moaning again. Lets moaned and whinge again.

I knew you would be one of people to do this.

It is NOT a failed at all. But lets be negative again.

Easy there big fella.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

He must make changes to the line up on Tuesday. Picking the same duck eggs results in the same outcome so he needs to do something differently.

Can't argue with that, what concerns me is the apparent Jekyl and Hyde performance of the 1st and 2nd halves

Just now, USABlue said:

Can't argue with that, what concerns me is the apparent Jekyl and Hyde performance of the 1st and 2nd halves

Clough changed his team around after a poor first half. We were out of it for a while but came back towards the end. As a team we're still not fit enough though

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

Maybe I'm not but I'm angry at watching the same mistakes with the sane results followed by the same excuses, just with a different talking head in the dugout.

Mowbray simply MUST learn from tonight and change things by Tuesday. Time is running out.

Mowbray and Rovers don't have time on our side.

Stu, we all know you are on about Lowe.

Forgetting him for a moment, decent away point, encouraging possession stats, only one conceeded and few chances against, unbeaten start, players trying fully, cracking away following, leaves some room for optimism. You've seen enough football to know that it is always tough away from home. You've seen enough of Coyle to know we lose that game so in my view we are one better off already.

The change should have been made after 16 games.

Just now, USABlue said:

Tony has replied:- ;)

"For 45 minutes it was a pretty impressive performance and I thought they took on board fantastically well what we had worked on in one training session. They listened very well to what we asked, took it on board, and first half we played how we would have want them to have played.

“Credit to Burton and Nigel (Clough) in the second half for changing the way they played and it took a while for us to adapt to it.  I don’t think that was the reason they scored the equaliser. You can’t dominate a game for 90 minutes, but we dominated for large parts tonight and I was slightly disappointed not to get all three points"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15117197._It___s_a_start_for_us__a_building_block___Tony_Mowbray_on_his_first_point_as_Blackburn_Rovers_boss_at_Burton_Albion/?ref=mr&lp=12

Nice words from TM for those that travelled:- 

"The boys mentioned it afterwards in the dressing room about how fantastic the supporters were. It took me aback a bit when I came out of the tunnel really and I thank everyone that jumped in their car and drove down to Burton to support Rovers and hopefully we can find victories along the way for them and make them proud of their football team again and be proud to support Blackburn Rovers.”

A charm offensive is always welcome:) 

Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Tony has replied:- ;)

"For 45 minutes it was a pretty impressive performance and I thought they took on board fantastically well what we had worked on in one training session. They listened very well to what we asked, took it on board, and first half we played how we would have want them to have played.

“Credit to Burton and Nigel (Clough) in the second half for changing the way they played and it took a while for us to adapt to it.  I don’t think that was the reason they scored the equaliser. You can’t dominate a game for 90 minutes, but we dominated for large parts tonight and I was slightly disappointed not to get all three points"

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/15117197._It___s_a_start_for_us__a_building_block___Tony_Mowbray_on_his_first_point_as_Blackburn_Rovers_boss_at_Burton_Albion/?ref=mr&lp=12

Seems honest and level headed and with a decent first half behind him will know there is something to build on.

Our away fans remain very loyal and supportive. Absolute credit to the club after all they have been put through. 

Shows the fire remains if we can somehow rid ourselves of these owners.

Go easy 1st post,just bought myself a lap top,thought the result tonight was a big positive,some posters need to give there head a wobble,we have TM not Klopp or Pep.I expect at least 2 changes on tuesday,i thought young connor was a shoeing for tonight,but happen he will have to wait his turn.

Emotions are running away with people tonight, understandable.

Is it a disaster or a triumph? It's neither.  

Yes, he's only had a days training and hardly had time to unpack his bags, but I would've liked TM to shake it up a bit. Limited though his options are.

Bit of a half and half performance and so can't really be too happy or too unhappy.

• Backroom
Just now, blueboy3333 said:

Nice words from TM for those that travelled:- 

"The boys mentioned it afterwards in the dressing room about how fantastic the supporters were. It took me aback a bit when I came out of the tunnel really and I thank everyone that jumped in their car and drove down to Burton to support Rovers and hopefully we can find victories along the way for them and make them proud of their football team again and be proud to support Blackburn Rovers.”

A charm offensive is always welcome:) 

Caused a bit of a nightmare flashback to the summer for me!

Stats this evening were definitely improved, but ultimately the same old story. Low(e) on fitness, always ready to concede a goal, can't put teams to the sword during our dominant spells. But then, what else could we expect? It's the same players who have had Coyle's ridiculous ideology of donuts and five-a-side embedded into their brains for the last eight months or so. I fear we've made this change far, far too late. Can only hope Mowbray can work miracles and the players can motivate themselves to perform above their natural level. Some of them have a bit of talent. 

Archived