BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Transfers Part 3

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Nobody has ever called the Republic "south Ireland" before,not even the biggest of morons. Can you actually comment on Ireland without saying something insulting or stupid? 

Rangers fan isn't he? 

No further comment m'lud.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

Conway would be squad player. 

Samuel is a talent and someone Mowbray can develop into a player good enough..

Raya is an excellent shot stopper. 

Bennett is good enough

Graham legs have gone. Dont give him a new deal. 

Downing is good enough as a 3rd choice and yes he hasnt played at championship level but need to be given a proper chance. 

Now for this transfer window we need a pacey winger, centre midfielder to replace Harper. 

If there is one player whose legs have gone it's Conway. He was never lightening fast but this season he just can't get away from players.  

2 hours ago, chaddyrovers said:

He added: “The owners have been supportive, I have been in contact with them a lot more in recent months"

Interested owners. Wonders never cease. It's amazing what a few wins do.

1 minute ago, blueboy3333 said:

He added: “The owners have been supportive, I have been in contact with them a lot more in recent months"

Interested owners. Wonders never cease. It's amazing what a few wins do.

I would say that is a factor, but the biggest factor has been Mowbrays pro-activity in reaching out to them IMO 

18 minutes ago, OJRovers said:

I heard the owners had representatives at the Peterborough game.

Interesting.

They saw a brilliant come back and exhilarating second half but also a very impassioned well-behaved and large away following.

What at take from the LT article:

Rovers stood firm in the wake of interest in their own players in the summer with Mowbray admitting: “I don’t see anything changing on that.”.

• Backroom
19 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Why do you think that? I would just sign the best young players in League 1 if I was running things, less statistical :) 

Just my interpretation of this mate:

“We’ve been through extensive procedure, it’s not something that is really going to affect this window, but moving forward hopefully the recruitment will be seen as good recruitment and there will be evidence of why we’ve signed players.

“For the owners there will be lots of reports, there will be lots of reasons, statistics, as to why we’ve signed footballers in the future.

“This window, it will be pretty much like it was in the summer I think. It will be difficult for Steve to come in and jump straight in to it.

1 minute ago, Tom said:

Just my interpretation of this mate:

“We’ve been through extensive procedure, it’s not something that is really going to affect this window, but moving forward hopefully the recruitment will be seen as good recruitment and there will be evidence of why we’ve signed players.

“For the owners there will be lots of reports, there will be lots of reasons, statistics, as to why we’ve signed footballers in the future.

“This window, it will be pretty much like it was in the summer I think. It will be difficult for Steve to come in and jump straight in to it.

Fair play, that sounds very good. 

My God, when you see and hear the work Mowbray puts in and you contrast it with some of the charlatans we have had here. I read during the week that he stays near the ground 3-4 nights per week. The guy is a credit to management. I really hope he goes on to great success here. 

2 minutes ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

Fair play, that sounds very good. 

My God, when you see and hear the work Mowbray puts in and you contrast it with some of the charlatans we have had here. I read during the week that he stays near the ground 3-4 nights per week. The guy is a credit to management. I really hope he goes on to great success here. 

Probably lives up near Middlesborough so I'd thought will rent somewhere a little closer.

Just now, dingles staying down 4ever said:

Probably lives up near Middlesborough so I'd thought will rent somewhere a little closer.

Ya, he said its around 2 hours to where he actually lives, but he goes home some nights to help his kids with their homework. So he stays near the training ground 3-4 nights, so he can get in early..

We are in good hands. 

Just now, Bigdoggsteel said:

Ya, he said its around 2 hours to where he actually lives, but he goes home some nights to help his kids with their homework. So he stays near the training ground 3-4 nights, so he can get in early..

We are in good hands. 

Hope so....but still to be convinced.

Even bad people stay close. Kean rented in nearby Whalley......JA slept at Brockhall.

17 hours ago, jim mk2 said:

Raya, Nyambe, Downing, Williams, Bennett, Graham, Antonsson, Whittingham, Samuel, Conway. Either not good enough or too old. 

Raya - Will definitely be good enough as a Championship keeper in the future. A year at this level is exactly what he needed.

Nyambe - Is only young, physically he's good enough wouldn't be ideal if he was our starting full back

Downing - Can only judge him on what i've seen not poor reputation from previous clubs. From what I've seen Downing would be a no brainer of a signing, even if its as 3rd choice cb.

Williams - Good at this level, not convinced he's good enough for the championship, but he's not terrible.

Bennett - Good enough for us now and in the championship.

Graham - legs have gone useful at this level would let go in the summer.

Antonsson - No idea if he could do it at Championship level, certainly good enough in his current role for the level we are playing at. Wouldn't spend the money to make it permanent,

Whittingham - legs have gone, useful for this season

Samuel - Has the right attributes to score goals at Championship level. could come good for us.

Conway - legs are gone, delivery has been in decline for years. wouldn't start him at this level if it wasn't for Bennetts suspension.

1 hour ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I would say that is a factor, but the biggest factor has been Mowbrays pro-activity in reaching out to them IMO 

But it shouldn't be the manager's job to 'reach out to them'. A manager has more than enough to do with training, matchdays, media, scouting etc. rather than have to worry about 'reaching out' to his own bosses. They should be the ones doing whatever they can to make his job easier and more comfortable, yet I get them impression the only way a manager gets anywhere with them - Kean, Bowyer, Mowbray - is by jumping through a series of hoops including flying around the world to kneel at their feet. Those who haven't been willing or able to do this haven't lasted - Allardyce, Berg, Appleton, Lambert.

21 minutes ago, JHRover said:

But it shouldn't be the manager's job to 'reach out to them'. A manager has more than enough to do with training, matchdays, media, scouting etc. rather than have to worry about 'reaching out' to his own bosses. They should be the ones doing whatever they can to make his job easier and more comfortable, yet I get them impression the only way a manager gets anywhere with them - Kean, Bowyer, Mowbray - is by jumping through a series of hoops including flying around the world to kneel at their feet. Those who haven't been willing or able to do this haven't lasted - Allardyce, Berg, Appleton, Lambert.

If it works and the manager is prepared to do it, so what? The new CEO will hopefully limit the need for this.

On your last line, Appleton and Berg left because they were terrible. Lambert because he had a sulk, didn't set the world alight either.  Big Sam was hard done by alright, but I don't think calling over to them would have saved him. Dark forces were at work then. 

Archived