BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] When will the next general election be called?

Charity begins at home, we need to stop handing out benefits willy nilly then we wouldn't need to borrow at all. There's plenty wrong at the moment we don't have the infrastructure to support so many people hence so many people dependant on welfare. We've let too migrants into the country we've actually overlooked our own indigenous people & left them in the mire.

• Replies 341
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Apologies, I meant Labour must choose between leaving the Customs Union/Single Market and their social/economic policies.

Labour are utterly confusing- they voted against the Customs Union in Parliament yet McDonnell and Gardiner boh said Labour would negotiate to remain in the Single Market and Customs Union today on TV. 

If I were being cynical I would say Labour are helping the Tories destroy themselves then will pivot to an election position which is no European convulsions, Blair with social justice reversing privatisations fro the utility robber barons plus infrastructure investment and totally maul the Tories electorally.  

32 minutes ago, Skiptonrover said:

Charity begins at home, we need to stop handing out benefits willy nilly then we wouldn't need to borrow at all. There's plenty wrong at the moment we don't have the infrastructure to support so many people hence so many people dependant on welfare. We've let too migrants into the country we've actually overlooked our own indigenous people & left them in the mire.

Standard Daily Mail / Daily Express / Telegraph / Brexit rhetoric. Are you capable of thinkig for yourself ? 

3 hours ago, Skiptonrover said:

We spend 0.7% of our budget on foreign aid and some of the money is included in the mythical £350m a week. It's coppers. And although specifically not to be used for political reasons, in plenty of cases is obviously is. 

I previously posted about a friend who collapsed at the steering wheel spending the night on a trolley at Chorley hospital.

Well last night a close relative who was in pain at Home, rang 111 for advice. He was advised that he needed to go to A&E straight away and the 111service sent for an ambulance for him. It took the ambulance 1 hour to get there, then they took him to Southport and Formby Hospital. There, he spent the entire night on a trolley in a corridor. While posting this, he’s still on a trolley but has been diagnosed with pancreatitis - a painful and serious condition. 

His wife was talking to the paramedics who gave her a fuller story than Jeremy Hunt or anyone in this Tory govt would admit to. Last night, 7 ambulances in Southport were taken out of service because the paramedics can’t leave a patient in hospital until they’ve seen a doctor. The paras were standing around idle in the corridors because of there not being enough doctors available. This isn’t Fri/Sat night in A&E, it’s Sunday. Last night in the Tarleton/Southport area, at one point, it was taking 90 mins to get an emergency ambulance out to calls. Last night Southport hospital closed to all emergencies. Emergencies were being taken to the Royal Liverpool. 

So there you go, that’s the truth about the current situation under this govt. Shocking and no one is doing anything about it.

1 hour ago, den said:

I previously posted about a friend who collapsed at the steering wheel spending the night on a trolley at Chorley hospital.

Well last night a close relative who was in pain at Home, rang 111 for advice. He was advised that he needed to go to A&E straight away and the 111service sent for an ambulance for him. It took the ambulance 1 hour to get there, then they took him to Southport and Formby Hospital. There, he spent the entire night on a trolley in a corridor. While posting this, he’s still on a trolley but has been diagnosed with pancreatitis - a painful and serious condition. 

His wife was talking to the paramedics who gave her a fuller story than Jeremy Hunt or anyone in this Tory govt would admit to. Last night, 7 ambulances in Southport were taken out of service because the paramedics can’t leave a patient in hospital until they’ve seen a doctor. The paras were standing around idle in the corridors because of there not being enough doctors available. This isn’t Fri/Sat night in A&E, it’s Sunday. Last night in the Tarleton/Southport area, at one point, it was taking 90 mins to get an emergency ambulance out to calls. Last night Southport hospital closed to all emergencies. Emergencies were being taken to the Royal Liverpool. 

So there you go, that’s the truth about the current situation under this govt. Shocking and no one is doing anything about it.

First & foremost sorry to hear about your close relative, regarding the NHS & other less important services which comprise of a makeup of a infrastructure. There's far too many people dependant on the NHS it's under far too much strain & severely underfunded from every perspective. I blame the government not necessarily now but the government which has allowed this grave situation to spiral out of control. Last time I visited A&E at airedale I was there over 5hrs it's the nearest for me with Burnley closing. It's totally unacceptable & putting people lives in a perilous stage. The answers are obvious for me it's the elephant in the room certain elements don't wish to discuss.

4 hours ago, Skiptonrover said:

There's far too many people dependant on the NHS.........The answers are obvious for me it's the elephant in the room certain elements don't wish to discuss.

Would you care to name the elephant you say is in the room?

3 hours ago, Paul said:

Would you care to name the elephant you say is in the room?

I'm guessing that it is the deliberate and sustained underfunding of the NHS and related Social Care services by the Conservative government? 

On 27 November 2017 at 11:57, den said:

A friend of my wife's was due to have a pretty serious bowel and bladder operation last Tuesday over in Liverpool. The hospital phoned her up the Friday previous to that to cancel the op because they couldn't get an anesthetist ! 

On 27 November 2017 at 13:44, Skiptonrover said:

First & foremost sorry to hear about your close relative, regarding the NHS & other less important services which comprise of a makeup of a infrastructure. There's far too many people dependant on the NHS it's under far too much strain & severely underfunded from every perspective. I blame the government not necessarily now but the government which has allowed this grave situation to spiral out of control. Last time I visited A&E at airedale I was there over 5hrs it's the nearest for me with Burnley closing. It's totally unacceptable & putting people lives in a perilous stage. The answers are obvious for me it's the elephant in the room certain elements don't wish to discuss.

Yeah you're right. Elect a government that actually cares about the NHS and is willing to tax people to pay for health care and not bloody useless nuclear submarines and aircraft less aircraft carriers. I know which option will be better for my well being !

• Backroom
On 28/11/2017 at 17:19, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

Yeah you're right. Elect a government that actually cares about the NHS and is willing to tax people to pay for health care and not bloody useless nuclear submarines and aircraft less aircraft carriers. I know which option will be better for my well being !

The only thing stopping me supporting Corbyn fully is the ideas they have re: taxation.

Just taxing the richest will just lead to them taking their business hq's to Ireland or cutting staff (and therefore less tax).

What we need to do as a country is accept that if we want good public services we need to pay for them.

Something like moving the bottom tax band up by 2p, the others by 1p, would rake in taxes without being particularly outrageous.

We also need jobs to be much more secure (full and part time) instead of continuing zero-hours BS.

The question is when will this Government collapse?

We are suffering an abnormally rubbish Government but also a thoroughly inept opposition. 

Yet Britain seems all but oblivious to the rest of the world now, mesmerised as we are by the continuing Brexit saga. In fact, Britain seems almost oblivious to everything except this. You can explain to Brexiteers until you’re blue in the face that the European Union in no way hindered Britain’s ability to tackle its own problems. Instead, as this minority Conservative government staggers on, a terrible paralysis over all other concerns continues. The police force is at loggerheads with the government. That is clear. But so are all other public services.

Those tasked with doing the dirty deeds of the Department for Work and Pensions despair at the misery that universal credit forces them to put people through, even though they thought they had seen it all.

Homeless people are stuck in the streets once again. The services of food banks have never been more in demand. People with mental and physical illnesses or disabilities are dying for want of care, or even heat. The National Health Service has been plunged into a financial and staffing crisis, yet still has to soothe the dented ego of Richard Branson by making a payout to Virgin Care. The teaching profession is struggling once more with a rejigged exam system, and is bracing itself for a further squeeze on budgets. Our prison service is a series of riots waiting to happen.

And amid all this, May and her band of wretched ministers struggle on, opposed by a Labour party that seems content to list the chaos it sees in Britain rather than apply the small pushes that would start the government toppling. May is dealing with the legacy of David Cameron and George Osborne, whose time in government did damage far beyond the fool’s errand that is Brexit. Yet Labour continues to unsettle as many potential voters as it attracts.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/dec/01/damian-green-fiasco-theresa-may-brexit-ministers?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Gmail

A Lib Dem revival is the last thing the country needs. Clegg's power grab put the Tories in Downing St by giving us the appalling coalition government led by Cameron and Osborne. The havoc they caused through Brexit and austerity is going to affect Britain for decades. The Lib Dems should never be forgiven for that. 

56 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

A Lib Dem revival is the last thing the country needs. Clegg's power grab put the Tories in Downing St by giving us the appalling coalition government led by Cameron and Osborne. The havoc they caused through Brexit and austerity is going to affect Britain for decades. The Lib Dems should never be forgiven for that. 

Jim,

Labour utterly screwed up in 2010 and the arithmetic didn't work for a Lab/Lib coalition.

A Lib Dem revival is desperately needed because it can beat the Tories in places Labour can never win. 

Plus Lib Dems are resolutely pro-Remain and there would never have been a Brexit Referendum if the coalition had continued.

I just want the Tories out of Downing Street before they do more damage and as I see it a Lib Dem revival will split the anti-Tory vote. The two parties always knock and criticise each other instead of concentrating on their main job which they are both aiming for, which is defeating the Conservatives.

1 hour ago, jim mk2 said:

I just want the Tories out of Downing Street before they do more damage and as I see it a Lib Dem revival will split the anti-Tory vote. The two parties always knock and criticise each other instead of concentrating on their main job which they are both aiming for, which is defeating the Conservatives.

& how exactly do the liberal Democrats or labour intend to reverse this perceived damage if they manage to oust the tories out of power? in my view the priority must surely be to completely leave the EU & then focus on domestic politics. Right now we need all parties uniting towards 1 common goal.

The public is bored of Brexit to be honest. One reason Labour did better than expected in the last election is because it addressed the issues that really concern people, such as low wages, poor public services, and housing. 

Archived