Raya

Nyambe-Mulgrew-Williams

Conway Lenihan Smallwood Feeney 

Dack

Antonnson Samuels 

Lenihens got the Grant Hanleys so doubt we'll see him this weekend :o

33 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Lenihens got the Grant Hanleys so doubt we'll see him this weekend :o

I don't know if he does. I think he was genuinely injured.

If he is pulling that crap after his, lets be honest here, limited contribution to the club to this point, I would have very little time for the guy. 

----------------------Raya

Nyambe--Mulgrew--Ward--Williams

-----------------Whittingham

Conway-------------------------Bennett

---------------------Dack

-------------Samuel--Graham

Bring on Chapman, Gladwin and Smallwood if trailing second half.

2-1 Rovers. :brfc:

On 14/08/2017 at 11:31, Pedro said:

You have freaked me out there. I can't believe it is 16 years + since Bradford were in the Premier League and it is going on 30 since our last league meeting.  

Don't know if this is correct tbh! But do recall us playing them their in pre-season and being excited before the game about seeing Souness' "find" from Italy....a certain Mr. Grabbi ?

14 hours ago, Bigdoggsteel said:

I don't know if he does. I think he was genuinely injured.

If he is pulling that crap after his, lets be honest here, limited contribution to the club to this point, I would have very little time for the guy. 

If he does have a case of the Hanleys there'll only be one person to blame sadly and that's his agent.

TM said at the sponsors Q&A that only one "young player" was having his head turned by his agent.

Granted (no pun intended) 6 or 7 weeks have passed since then but TM also said:

- happy to speak to any of his players if they want to leave;

- his first question would be are you contracted to BRFC?

- is the phone ringing?

- I will only even begin to consider a move if the price matches our valuation AND we can find a replacement as good/better than you for same/less money

- until that happens get on with your job, and understand you played a part in relegation

- if you don't like it you'll sit in the stands until the phone does ring (which is less likely if you're not playing)

May sound idealistic in our current financial plight; but certainly makes sense!

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15477123._The_gaffer_has_a_wealth_of_choices_to_pick_from____Elliott_Bennett_says_no_one_can_take_their_place_for_granted_at_Rovers/?ref=mac

. "Sometimes when you’re not favourites you talk about taking it game by game, that’s not what it is for us, we know the job in hand.The sooner we can get that first win on the board I’m sure we will start to string a few wins and performances together"

Bennett's on message: 'We're gonna smash this league, all it takes is one win and we'll be unstoppable'. Even though our defence is appalling and the manager keeps picking the wrong team, it's all good.

"I said on Saturday, there are no excuses for losing games, I’m not a believer in making excuses up, but we have signed a lot of players, it’s a new league, everyone is adapting,..."

:lol::rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Blueandwhitemike said:

Defense isn't awful, not very good but not awful.

Anyone know how Wharton is doing?  He had a little knock but is he fit now?

Splitting hairs. We conceded 3 on Saturday in 45 minutes at home. 2 of those goals were certainly the fault of the defence and wouldn't have looked out of place on a school playground. Southend was similar judging by the goals. I'll stick with 'awful' and raise you an 'embarrassing' in the shape (both literally and figuratively).of Ward.

1 hour ago, Speedie's Gonna Get Ya said:

If he does have a case of the Hanleys there'll only be one person to blame sadly and that's his agent.

TM said at the sponsors Q&A that only one "young player" was having his head turned by his agent.

Granted (no pun intended) 6 or 7 weeks have passed since then but TM also said:

- happy to speak to any of his players if they want to leave;

- his first question would be are you contracted to BRFC?

- is the phone ringing?

- I will only even begin to consider a move if the price matches our valuation AND we can find a replacement as good/better than you for same/less money

- until that happens get on with your job, and understand you played a part in relegation

- if you don't like it you'll sit in the stands until the phone does ring (which is less likely if you're not playing)

May sound idealistic in our current financial plight; but certainly makes sense!

Was this before Mahoney left?

The rest is all very practical. Can't deny that

• Moderation Lead
47 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/rovers/news/15477123._The_gaffer_has_a_wealth_of_choices_to_pick_from____Elliott_Bennett_says_no_one_can_take_their_place_for_granted_at_Rovers/?ref=mac

. "Sometimes when you’re not favourites you talk about taking it game by game, that’s not what it is for us, we know the job in hand.The sooner we can get that first win on the board I’m sure we will start to string a few wins and performances together"

Bennett's on message: 'We're gonna smash this league, all it takes is one win and we'll be unstoppable'. Even though our defence is appalling and the manager keeps picking the wrong team, it's all good.

"I said on Saturday, there are no excuses for losing games, I’m not a believer in making excuses up, but we have signed a lot of players, it’s a new league, everyone is adapting,..."

:lol::rolleyes:

'I'm not making excuses, however here are a list of excuses'......

I am sticking with my view of not expecting us to get a result but that the performance is critical.

My fear is the goals conceded against Doncaster were so bad (you could sign me to entertain you with the mistakes Ward and Raya made) and the penalty unjust that it would be easy for the boss to conclude the Gods conspired against him rather than face up to being totally at fault himself.  

If we get beat again expect the propaganda machine to go into overdrive about what a tough ask it is to go to Bradford, about how our poor lambs struggled against them. How they haven't lost for however long at home so we couldn't expect a win (except they don't usually play teams that cost what ours has cost), how 'not many teams will go to Bradford and get a result', a bit like how Southend were supposed to be the next Barcelona until they lost at home to Newport and were thrashed at Rotherham.

Like last season owing to being on the back foot from the start of the season the reality is we are going to have to pull off big wins this season if we have any intentions of promotion. Hailing a heroic defeat/draw at Bradford won't be good enough.

If we manage to get a point it will be heralded as a great result and getting up and running, even though we'll probably be 8 points off the top already.

3 minutes ago, JHRover said:

If we get beat again expect the propaganda machine to go into overdrive about what a tough ask it is to go to Bradford, about how our poor lambs struggled against them. How they haven't lost for however long at home so we couldn't expect a win (except they don't usually play teams that cost what ours has cost), how 'not many teams will go to Bradford and get a result', a bit like how Southend were supposed to be the next Barcelona until they lost at home to Newport and were thrashed at Rotherham.

Like last season owing to being on the back foot from the start of the season the reality is we are going to have to pull off big wins this season if we have any intentions of promotion. Hailing a heroic defeat/draw at Bradford won't be good enough.

If we manage to get a point it will be heralded as a great result and getting up and running, even though we'll probably be 8 points off the top already.

If we lose I don't see any "propaganda machine" to be honest. Everybody will be clear that we are in a very, very bad position. 

Archived