SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackpool away

AAK

• Replies 458
  • Created
  • Last Reply
42 minutes ago, RevidgeBlue said:

Sounds a typical Gary Bowyer performance, not bad going forward but pretty terrible defensively.

Edit 2-4 now.

Eh? We usually were the other way round, in Hanley and Duffy most clean sheets or lowest conceded one year wasn't it? 

2 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Apart from the final score of course the most impressive thing for me was it sounded like they went looking to kill it off second half instead of sitting back. Definitely been a change of tack from Mowbray in the last few weeks, maybe a penny has dropped or someone has actually had a word but it's good to see.

Said it before and i'll say it again they really have nothing to fear in this div if they approach games right and stick at it, add in that confidence factor now and no more holding them back we'll be fine.

I reckon he's been reading this MB, or maybe Big Barry has, then passed on the the brilliant and insightful comments to him.

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

https://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/sport/football/blackpool-fc/match-report-blackpool-2-4-blackburn-1-8882503

Sounds like under the cosh first half but they didn't take their chances, and then we blitzed them 2nd half.

Blackpool Ballroom Blitz

Substitute Danny Philliskirk bagged a late consolation for the hosts before bizarrely being awarded the sponsors’ Man of the Match award, having played just 20 minutes.

:lol:

6 hours ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

Is Downing good enough to play alongside a younger defender? Mulgrew talks to Downing constantly. If you watch them two together it is Mulgrew who makes the decisions. Downing has been labelled a mistake waiting to happen at other clubs, perhaps playing alongside an experienced old guard like Mulgrew has cut them out because I certainly haven't seen that side to him.

That's not to say not give it a go but maybe Lenihan and Downing have to fight it out to who plays alongside him. Rather than trying to accommodate 3 defenders I'd rather us bring in a midfielder and have our centre halves competing. 

Keep trying. You'll convince me in a bit.:D

Just now, West Yorks Rover said:

Thank God we've finally got a proper captain, not long ago we had Jason Lowe, who had a decent/average game once every Preston Guild.

How the hell can the rest of the team look up to someone like that, no wonder we ended up in this league.

Long Live Prince Charlie ! 

Pride of Scotland.

He seems to out of favour at Big Club now as well.

28 minutes ago, West Yorks Rover said:

I reckon he's been reading this MB, or maybe Big Barry has, then passed on the the brilliant and insightful comments to him.

Judging by some of his comments & actions with Chapman & Nuttall i'd say he does read here religiously :lol:

3 minutes ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I don't know, I just see he's not been in their 17 for quite a while now.

I know he got taken off injured in Redknapps last game there when they got mullered. Saved him getting dropped is suppose B)

• Backroom
16 minutes ago, tomphil said:

Injured again wasn't he ?

Yeah, he got another injury and has been out since. I don't think he'll be first choice when he gets back either. I imagine Cotterill is glad 'Arry only offered J-Lowe a one year deal. Leaving arguments about his quality aside, his mounting injuries suggest a more serious issue.

Just now, DE. said:

Yeah, he got another injury and has been out since. I don't think he'll be first choice when he gets back either. I imagine Cotterill is glad 'Arry only offered J-Lowe a one year deal. Leaving arguments about his quality aside, his mounting injuries suggest a more serious issue.

Aye I seem to remember it was touch and go whether he would even play again after he got injured here and was out a long while. Naturally fit lad but if there's a weak spot in his foot the long term prognosis isn't good.

Shame, He'd suit Blackpool and lower league 1 imo.

Nothing beats that winning feeling.

Great last 10 day's.Fair play to Mowbray,getting the results and our season back on track he deserves some credit.

Still not sold on him but at least he has shaken off any stubborness and has stopped with 3 at the back,kept Dack in his best position and involved Nuttall.

We have to get promotion this season and the table is looking a lot healthier now

51 minutes ago, Phil T said:

Fantastic result. Rovers fans loud and clear in our house 1,200 miles away.

All the wayyyy, all the way! To the Championshiiiiip, all the way! :rover:

It goes - "We're on our way, we're on our way,  to the championship we're on our way, how we get there i don't know, how we get there I  don't care, all I know is Rovers on their way"

Just now, islander200 said:

Nothing beats that winning feeling.

Great last 10 day's.Fair play to Mowbray,getting the results and our season back on track he deserves some credit.

Still not sold on him but at least he has shaken off any stubborness and has stopped with 3 at the back,kept Dack in his best position and involved Nuttall.

We have to get promotion this season and the table is looking a lot healthier now

We just need to hold on to the more important members of the squad and strengthen the team in a few positions. We're not the finished article yet but we're getting nearer.

Archived