SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NAPM

Boaty

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Mike E said:

Sorry Al, I think that's a bit below the belt. Family comes first when money is tight, especially at Christmas.

Maybe but from a selfish standpoint people on here should always encourage others to put the club ahead of their families. Even if they don't themselves. 

Besides that its a tedious argument both due to the insults towards boycotters/protesters (fans feeling isolated or treated badly is never a good thing and just creates bitterness) and the whole NAPM profit argument being somewhat flawed.

10 hours ago, Mike E said:

Sorry Al, I think that's a bit below the belt. Family comes first when money is tight, especially at Christmas.

No trying to shame other fans into not attending is below the belt.

20 hours ago, Suhail Slayer said:

Shaun, Al appears to be trying to belittle us boycotters by suggesting we are not real fans.

Strange behaviour. 

Club misses opportunity to entice more bums on seats (fans or not) but you arent allowed an opinion due to being a boycotter (not a fan).

I wonder when Al looks around at the 15000 empty seats, will he think it is because the boycotters are not real fans or because the price is too high or might he also look at the empty director's box and think hhhhmmmmm?

You are not going to shame or bully me! Real fans go to watch their team. If you don't you are not a fan but a casual observer just sitting on the sidelines awaiting better times. That's my opinion whether you like it or not. I don't see any virtue in trying to shame proper supporters into not going to watch their favoured team. None at all.

Have your say you won't alter my opinion.

In my book the only possible chance of shaming  the Chicken Chokers into leaving is to have a completely empty Ewood Park when we are playing at home. Will it work ? Maybe , maybe not, but we won''t ever know until we try it.

That's my view for what it's worth. I fully accept other people's right to have a different view.

2 hours ago, Al said:

No trying to shame other fans into not attending is below the belt.

Eh? You have been on the sherry. It was merely pointed out, correctly, that £22 is very expensive for 3rd tier football. An expense fact that is not just aimed at Rovers but all of football. Rather than agreeing with reservation you chose to go Grinch.

But as it's Crimbo we'll draw a line under it and swiftly move on ;)

23 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

Eh? You have been on the sherry. It was merely pointed out, correctly, that £22 is very expensive for 3rd tier football. An expense fact that is not just aimed at Rovers but all of football. Rather than agreeing with reservation you chose to go Grinch.

But as it's Crimbo we'll draw a line under it and swiftly move on ;)

It's not me that's the Grinch. I'm the positive one and it's not the £22 discussion I'm referring to. I've been badgered for seasons and called a happy clapper because I still attend but as it's Christmas we'll draw a line under it for now and I'll concentrate on going to tomorrows game.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

In my book the only possible chance of shaming  the Chicken Chokers into leaving is to have a completely empty Ewood Park when we are playing at home. Will it work ? Maybe , maybe not, but we won''t ever know until we try it.

That's my view for what it's worth. I fully accept other people's right to have a different view.

3 hours ago, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

That's my view too. We need to at least try things.

Like anything in life, you can't achieve much without putting the effort in.

If you asked every Rovers fan if they would be happy if Venky's sold  the club, I think 99% would say yes.

If you ask those same fans if they would make a very small personal sacrifice to send a strong message to Venky's I am sure that most would say yes - If it's for the good of the club, why not?.

That very small personal sacrifice could be to miss one game at Ewood - just one.

If it was well organised it would be a massive news story and Venky's would know all about it. Good media coverage in India would be an important factor as to how it affects them.

Everyone then returns to normal for the next game.

This was suggested for the Barnet FA Cup game before any tickets were on sale - operation empty Ewood -  but there didn't seem to be much interest.

I know fatigue has set in and most people just want to enjoy their football, which I fully understand and have no problem with.

The reality is that if we want Venky's out we need to at least try something to persuade them they are not wanted. For me personally, doing nothing is not an option.

34 minutes ago, Crimpshrine said:

This was suggested for the Barnet FA Cup game before any tickets were on sale - operation empty Ewood -  but there didn't seem to be much interest.

The reality is that if we want Venky's out we need to at least try something to persuade them they are not wanted. For me personally, doing nothing is not an option.

What can we do really other than break the law? Whenever I have thoughts like that I think about the way some fans have acted (my own treatment in the past, those who are anti-protest and those who still won't abuse the Walker Family even when the Matthewmans continue to do business with Venkys) and can't help thinking its not worth it. I guess potential custodial sentences are a downside too though at one time I might have been more willing to take that risk. This total empty stadium boycott isn't going to happen is it? I'm not saying it absolutely should though its frustrating that some fans object to protests, etc and can't see the same warning signals time and time again. Its frustrating to feel like other fans aren't standing up for Jack's memory enough though that's nothing new for me lol. Also you want potential new owners to have a good impression though I can't see why there wouldn't be interest if the debt is written off.

That was a useless game to suggest as well who the hell is gonna care when there were under 5000 to begin with. If you really wanted impact the ideal time would have been for the cup games in February and August. Boycott or protest and of course even the latter wasn't achieved when the 1st game was being shown worldwide and on BT. A couple of idiots running on the pitch isn't a protest and considering what's happened in past few years you would think there were worthier reasons than someone scoring a totally fair goal.

1 hour ago, Vinjay17 said:

That was a useless game to suggest as well who the hell is gonna care when there were under 5000 to begin with. 

That was one of the reasons it was suggested. It was thought to be achievable to get an empty stadium when there is not too much interest in going anyway. People would not mind  missing the match and could make a statement at the same time. The end result would still have been an empty stadium and a newsworthy story.

There would be less chance of getting people on board for a bigger FA cup match or a league match where people have already paid for season tickets.

But in the end the idea didn't take off so we'll have to think of something else maybe.

Archived