BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NAPM

Boaty

5 hours ago, philipl said:

Very easy for me to boycott Rovers living 200 and 2,000 miles away.

But this being the spirit of Christmas can I ask what exists that is tempting you back to Ewood, what would bring you back to Ewood, what would keep you away forever?

I will offer mine:

Tempting me back

Yes the run of results but the stirrings of team spirit and unity between squad and management

Lack of the sorts of absolute idiots around Rovers now who only brought shame to this great club

The fact that for all their sins and omissions, the Raos are now supporting from their own pockets and that because the really big debts are stranded in India, the fact that Rovers are a far far better proposition for any incoming buyer than practically any other club outside the Premier League

Against all the odds, hope

What would bring me back

Crowds of over 15,000 to build some atmosphere

Communication with the fans- the social media improvement is a start but not covering anything serious yet

A meaningful plan to get Rovers back in the Premier League

Continue doing the things that are tempting me back

What would keep me away forever

Jerome Anderson/Kentaro anywhere near Rovers 

Sale of Brockhall

Doing an Oystons if we ever get back to the Premier League 

How do you expect crowds of 15 thousand if people like yourself won't go until the crowd goes up

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Let's get one thing straight. That fact Abbey and others who will no doubt follow have returned is purly down to the potential to go up and enjoy some success. If we where 15th and playing badly we would all still be venky lovers and no one would be coming back and let's not pretend otherwise. Get your fill now lads because it will be time to call a boycott this time next year when those bloody venkys have us bottom of the championship #NAPMmyarse

2 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

So let me get this right. Current ST holders want stay away fans to return but when they do they are derided for it.

It seems the spirit of that Bolton game is still alive and well.

Merry frickin Christmas.

No . Just abbey :D

This is one of the biggest reasons I hate the Venkies, the divide they have caused among fans. While many can understand and appreciate the opinions and decisions other fans have made, there are some on both sides of the divide that have gone well over the top at voicing their displeasure and sometimes anger at the opposite side. It is sometimes nothing short of bullying and this divide has even overshadowed the actual reason why the divide was created in the first place - the loons in charge.

1 hour ago, Rover_Shaun said:

It would have a ring to it. The Abbey Riverside. It is after all the season of goodwill.

I am always surprised at some supporters misplaced animosity. There is only one direction any ire should be aimed. 

Abbey :lol:

Just playing pal. I've been on the rum :D

Welcome back and merry xmas

8 minutes ago, Oldgregg86 said:

Let's get one thing straight. That fact Abbey and others who will no doubt follow have returned is purly down to the potential to go up and enjoy some success. If we where 15th and playing badly we would all still be venky lovers and no one would be coming back and let's not pretend otherwise. Get your fill now lads because it will be time to call a boycott this time next year when those bloody venkys have us bottom of the championship #NAPMmyarse

So you want Abbey to continue to stay away?

Or do you just want the chance to ram it down his throat? Crack on, he’s got thick enough skin.

One or two posters are really showing their true colours in this last 24 hours though. It’s been enlightening if nothing else.

Nobody has said that attending and protesting are mutually exclusive. Long term this club still needs a future without Venkys. The “I told you sos” and the “you’re only back cos we’re winning” ignore the fact that Venkys have took us here. The idea that we are currently successful is at best relative and at worse utterly ludicrous. There are some on here who would probably welcome and thank the Raos the next time they are over.

33 minutes ago, blueboy3333 said:

Absolutely no difference. If you haven't spotted that then you haven't been paying attention.

I thought you had learned to stop being a Bradley but I bviously the leopard never changes its spots.

You can put your rod away now.

10 minutes ago, Stuart said:

So you want Abbey to continue to stay away?

Or do you just want the chance to ram it down his throat? Crack on, he’s got thick enough skin.

One or two posters are really showing their true colours in this last 24 hours though. It’s been enlightening if nothing else.

Nobody has said that attending and protesting are mutually exclusive. Long term this club still needs a future without Venkys. The “I told you sos” and the “you’re only back cos we’re winning” ignore the fact that Venkys have took us here. The idea that we are currently successful is at best relative and at worse utterly ludicrous. There are some on here who would probably welcome and thank the Raos the next time they are over.

Lighten up Stu I'm only messing. Course I'm glad he's back.  It took alot of guts to give up two years principaled NAPM' in to come back after just six wins. We still might not go up yet

Just now, Stuart said:

I thought you had learned to stop being a Bradley but I bviously the leopard never changes its spots.

You can put your rod away now.

Ah, I see. If you say something it's valid, if someone else says similar they are fishing. Gotcha! Arrogant much?

No idea what a 'Bradley' is.

Problem Abbey has is that he berated so many people for going to Ewood that he now looks a tad hypocritical to put it mildly. Especially as we are winning. I genuinely think it's great that as a long term Rover he's returning but he should have perhaps thought about that when dishing out the 'bantz'. He's opened himself up to it. Just like Chaddy's (and everybody else does) when they flip-flop. It's exactly the same. At least Chaddy didn't go round the board calling everyone a 'Venky lover' who was shagging Mrs D. If you can't see that then, well, it's a reflection on the special brand of myopia that you've been suffering with for years.

I look forward to seeing Abbey arrive atop his white steed on Boxing Day, wearing a 'venky lover' T-shirt and eating a Venky's chicken dinner.

Anyway, it's all good fun and nobody got hurt. A Christmas fable for our times.

Myopia? Ha! Such hypocrisy from our most balanced and reasoned poster. :wacko: 

We are going to have to agree to disagree. One bloke has not wavered once in his hatred of Venkys and has sacrificed more than most of us in a self-enforced exile. There has been more than a little soul searching as he’s stayed away from HIS boyhood club, and he is happy to accept inevitable criticism from some quarters -I’ve seen his Fb post. Meanwhile, the other is a sycophant who posts on Twitter that he is going to change his mind just to “get a reaction” out of BRFCS. Only to then change his mind again later. And then change it again when the crowd mood is going one way or the other.

Clearly you are simply on the wind up so that’s my last post on your poster-blindness between the two.

8 hours ago, BiggusMickus said:

I haven't been for nearly 6 years and won't be until they leave.

You're very vocal on this thread for someone who stopped going because the Premiership football dried up :rolleyes:

Suhail Slayer's post

Lets get this staight

we won't get promoted

as Chaddy says, the season ends in May... the wheels will be well and truely off by then.

Tony will leave as promised

The slash and burn cuts which Mike said were avoided for one season will materialise

We will struggle in mid table next season

one cash injection (debt increase) away from admin

Then we will see how all this deluded positivity sticks in the throats of the "forget Venkys and get behind the lads ffs" brigade.

My response:-

I so pleased you were Rovers to do well but your prediction so far have been so wrong. 

But why do you want your club to failure even with the owners we got? 

19 minutes ago, Gav said:

Boatface created this thread to get everyone at each others throats, and his plan failed until Abbey threw a grenade into proceedings :lol:

Ironic really. But it’s blown the recently donned sheep’s clothing off a few wolves! :lol: 

5 minutes ago, Leonard Venkhater said:

"Some people laughed to see the alteration in him, but he let them laugh, and little heeded them; for he was wise enough to know that nothing ever happened on this globe, for good, at which some people did not have their fill of laughter in the outset; and knowing that such as these would be blind anyway, he thought it quite as well that they should wrinkle up their eyes in grins, as have the malady in less attractive forms. His own heart laughed: and that was quite enough for him...it was always said of him that he knew how to keep Christmas well if any man alive possessed the knowledge."

Wise words regarding his conversion to a nicer man. A lesson for us all;)

He also has a look of Bob Saxton!

Archived