BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NAPM

Boaty

On 17/12/2017 at 14:42, Suhail Slayer said:

i am boycotting.

will be back the minute they leave.

Me too, the second these corrupt dishonest, dishonorable, unscrupulous, unprincipled, amoral, untrustworthy, underhand, deceitful, double-dealing, disreputable, discreditable, shameful, scandalous bribable, buyable, venal, fraudulent, swindling, grafting, criminal, lawless, felonious, villainous, nefarious, iniquitous; malfeasant; informalcrooked, shady, tricky, dirty, low-down, rascally, scoundrelly; informalbent, dodgy; archaichollow-hearted thieving bar stewards leave Ill be down buying a ST.

I dont care if we are playing in LG9 down at plessy with only half an orange at halftime for the players.

What these chicken corrupt pluckers have done to this club is unforgivable. 

Until then Ill gladly follow Rovers on BBC sport updates and the odd game on TV.

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Rover_Shaun said:

Then he'll never go again. How hard is that to grasp? ;)

Shaun, it’s a question that many seem to dodge. Personally, I find giving up something I’ve loved for 30 years quite difficult to grasp.

Just now, Gav said:

Whats your point?

The point is, lots of posters and others I’ve spoken with say the “when they leave” they’ll return. It’s a genuine question, what if they never sell up?

If you’re asking me what do I want? Obviously, in the perfect scenario - Walker MkII! In a more realistic one, a fan owned club. Could I live on with the Rao’s if they run the club like the trust did? Yes.

Will I stop if they make more mistakes and plunge us even deeper? It’s hard to give a definitive answer, but I’d probably say No. 

30 minutes ago, Biz said:

What if they never leave? 

Then Ill never go again and just move on with life look on with fondness.

Being a father of 4 and grandkids of 2, 2 dogs , married ( and a PS4 ) currently doing a Uni course in therapeutic counseling Ive more than enough to fill the void of a saturday afternoon at Ewood.

Bit like when you move on from that first girlfriend.

Why should I let them win and give my money and time to support the regime that is corrupted.

Ive been a fan since the late 70s seen the bad and the good times but the ups n downs of Rovers was 90% onfield antics.

For me its nothing to do with which league we are in, if we got demoted due to just being shite or tough times then I can accept. But for the team I loved be ripped apart by crooks then there comes a time you have to walk away as we are powerless to change anything. Trust me Ive fought on the front lines 7yrs ago to raise awareness.

There comes a time when you realize that we personally cant do anything to change the situation we are in and I for one wont be made a fool of.

4 minutes ago, Biz said:

The point is, lots of posters and others I’ve spoken with say the “when they leave” they’ll return. It’s a genuine question, what if they never sell up?

If you’re asking me what do I want? Obviously, in the perfect scenario - Walker MkII! In a more realistic one, a fan owned club. Could I live on with the Rao’s if they run the club like the trust did? Yes.

Will I stop if they make more mistakes and plunge us even deeper? It’s hard to give a definitive answer, but I’d probably say No. 

See Ninjas post above.

WE want OUR Rovers back

Its OUR Rovers

Its MY team

we love OUR team

whilst this its true TO A POINT as with anything you love there comes a time when that love bites you on the ass and it hurts.

We've all been hurt by these clowns.

As with 'your first love' it makes you hang on for a lot longer that is moral. 

Some people cling, some stalk, some never accept its over and some will accept adultery.

as i say I wont be made a fool of and just accept the scraps that Venkys throw at us knowing that no matter what, 'fans' will accept it.

Im not dissing anyone who goes as I do miss those days, I miss the butterflies of walking from the concourse and the pitch opening up in front of you, I miss the nail biting last mins when we are beating a top team 4-3 I miss the buzz of mates on a saturday, I even miss walking home pissed in the pouring rain at 8pm having spent best side £120 on a day out with mates knowing a kebab and 20mins in my home ill be asleep dribbling on the sofa. I miss have to rewatch goals on sunday but as I say I wont be made a fool of and i wont support the corrupt owners.

4 minutes ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Why should I let them win and give my money and time to support the regime that is corrupted.

There comes a time when you realize that we personally cant do anything to change the situation we are in and I for one wont be made a fool of.

We are pretty much in agreement and aligned in response to the damage they’ve done bar these two sentences I quoted. 

First one, when you think 100m+ in debt, it’s hard to think of “funding” anything TBH, my money is so insignificant to the costs racked up, I’ve never understood this idea of being ripped off or “supporting” the demise. I never thought of my money that way under JW, and it’s no different now.

For me that sentence would read “why should I let them win and stop me enjoying something I’ve chosen to?”.

The second part, I don’t feel a fool for still going. I feel resentful of certain aspects that still remain, mainly the 20,000 empty seats. I hated the absolute negligence, and I certainly missed more games than I ever had before in the years of SK, SS et al 

...but I still feel more of a fool for allowing reckless shysters stop me partaking in something I actually want to do, with people I’d unlikely see otherwise. I like watching football and I’m never supporting another club.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

Im not dissing anyone who goes as I do miss those days, I miss the butterflies of walking from the concourse and the pitch opening up in front of you, I miss the nail biting last mins when we are beating a top team 4-3 I miss the buzz of mates on a saturday, I even miss walking home pissed in the pouring rain at 8pm having spent best side £120 on a day out with mates knowing a kebab and 20mins in my home ill be asleep dribbling n the sofa. I miss have to rewatch goals on sunday but as I say I wont be made a fool of and i ont support the corrupt owners.

You aren’t a fool for doing this with your friends. This is precisely why I’m not stopping going.

23 minutes ago, Biz said:

They didn't run a damn thing. Neglected their responsibilities and catering to the greedy whims of Jack's relatives. Oh and by the way corporate selling out on the 26th you know who owns the executive catering provider right? That's right...Richard and Lynda Matthewman. I doubt the money will make much of a difference to their lifes either but I would rather choke than eat/drink that overpriced garbage. 

People might say well that's the same NAPM principle. Not really because with a football club most supporters see themselves as exactly that rather than customers. So if you're boycotting on NAPM principle isn't that in effect considering yourself to be a customer? There's a lot of irrational aspects to being a football supporter which people wouldn't tolerate with any other business and that's even at clubs with decent owners. Buying Venkys chicken on the other hand (not that you can buy it in this country but hypothetically) would feel like more of an endorsement. 

I can understand those not wanting to be made a fool of though if its not about the money then what is it about? There's few things more frustrating than feeling helpless and unable to do something without breaking the law. Its perhaps the feeling of helplessness that hurts from a pride standpoint in many ways. Pride to some people is worth more than money. Stress is a major factor as well of course as who wants to do something that just makes them angry? Granted there's some football fans at all stadiums who seem to treat games as a way of venting their frustrations but that's different.

J Biz likes going. Ninja like myself stopped due to the actions of the owners and the in stadium abuse by fellow fans and now follow by proxy. That's the choice people make. Football is purely a habit when stripped to its basics.

Time to move on from questioning fans and concentrate that negative energy and perplexity back towards where it should be. The owners. As it seems bring a mere 48th in the football pyramid is all it needs to placate. Then we can all come back. COYB

22 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

J Biz likes going. Ninja like myself stopped due to the actions of the owners and the in stadium abuse by fellow fans and now follow by proxy. That's the choice people make. Football is purely a habit when stripped to its basics.

Time to move on from questioning fans and concentrate that negative energy and perplexity back towards where it should be. The owners. Then we can all come back. COYB

That's probably even worse to an extent. I can understand why people might just say "to hell with it" having to put up with that kind of abuse when they know they are right. I've never been abused in the stadium (aside from someone in row behind calling me a bellend once) but on forums...well. Granted I've abused people as well while those who have protested in the stadiums probably haven't abused fellow fans. OK there might have been cases were someone has constantly moaned because the people sitting nearby aren't protesting but for the most part it seems anti-protesters instigate the arguments.

It still rancours now Vinjay and that Bolton game was nearly 6 years ago. 

Edit: Actually it was this day 6 years ago :angry: Every dire home performance since has given me some solace that it made them utterly miserable. It's been bad enough viewing from afar.

4 minutes ago, Rover_Shaun said:

It still rancours now Vinjay and that Bolton game was nearly 7 years ago. 

Yeah but at least during that game more people (even some who are typically passive in showing emotions probably) joined in the anti-Kean vitriol than didn't. There's probably more frustrating examples.

6 minutes ago, Vinjay17 said:

Yeah but at least during that game more people (even some who are typically passive in showing emotions probably) joined in the anti-Kean vitriol than didn't. There's probably more frustrating examples.

You would be surprised to hear it felt the opposite from my seat in the Riverside. The day I realised the club was lost. A 60:40 split towards the now proven to be utterly deluded "get behind the lads" stance

Anyhow. Looking back is no good. It's the future that matters. A venky free future, the only sustainable future.

1 hour ago, Biz said:

I’ve never understood this idea of being ripped off

Its not a case of feeling of being ripped of money wise and to a point its NAPM nothing to do with money.For along time I never felt the cost of going Rovers or following a prem team merits the cost to the hard working fan, its not value for money but its the time fans live in now.

I had a convo recently with another Rovers fan and we totaled up the cost of going Rovers every 2 weeks the 'day out' and its alot of money. The money spent could easy cover a mortgage or the cost of a nice car but its something we did, its the passion and enjoyment and we had a reward for it  BUT since the Venkys took over ( more so around the Kean era) all the protests all the shouting all the interviews on sky and radio and internet shows that followed it literally felt as those the owners give us the finger. It was then that rammed home that its not our team its not our club and we dont own it, we didnt when Jack owned it BUT Jack was one of us - a fan, a fan with the  best interest for the club.

The bolton game was the most hostile atmosphere ive ever witnessed at a game and it was then that i thought you know what im done. Its out of our hands. I wont be a part of the destruction/dismantlement of the club, WE will still be here when they do cluck off we as fans will pick up the pieces and support the team  and help rebuild but as i kept mentioning I wont be made a fool of. There comes a time when you kick a dog too many times.....

10 hours ago, NinjaTattoo said:

Then Ill never go again and just move on with life look on with fondness.

Being a father of 4 and grandkids of 2, 2 dogs , married ( and a PS4 ) currently doing a Uni course in therapeutic counseling Ive more than enough to fill the void of a saturday afternoon at Ewood.

Bit like when you move on from that first girlfriend.

Ive been a fan since the late 70s seen the bad and the good times but the ups n downs of Rovers was 90% onfield antics.

For me its nothing to do with which league we are in, if we got demoted due to just being shite or tough times then I can accept. But for the team I loved be ripped apart by crooks then there comes a time you have to walk away as we are powerless to change anything. Trust me Ive fought on the front lines 7yrs ago to raise awareness.

Good post.

What I would say though, if you’ve been following since the 70s, is that you will have missed out on the FA Cup final controversy (as did I). Many folk will have, like you, vowed never to return after the way they were treated - arguably much more personally felt too.

My point though is that a few years later the next generation of die hards came through to replace the (rightly) bitter, proud previous ones.

As always the football on the pitch will either draw the crowds or repel them. Football is a magnet with polars that can do that.

Don’t get me wrong, I still don’t believe that anything about what Venkys have done is part of any natural ebb and flow of football. We’ve been stitched up and I don’t care who else they try to blame (or others blame on their behalf) it’s totally their fault as it’s their name above the door.

But in a living entity like a fan base, time will heal. Old scars will remain but there will be growth if things go well on the pitch.

1 hour ago, Stuart said:

But in a living entity like a fan base, time will heal. Old scars will remain but there will be growth if things go well on the pitch.

The season after we narrowly got relegated I did an internet interview with a sports channel ( Ive forgot the name of it now but it was a webshow ) and I said that this season we WILL go down, they mocked me saying that Rovers were only 1/3 into the season and many games will be won n lost but at the time SK record was about 0.7 points a game over his 40+ games. As with many other fans it was like being in a slow moving train wreck BUT we all thought getting relegated would rid the clowns and we would take that. We would take relegation from Champ to LG1 we would take relegation from Lg1 to Lg2 if it meant getting rid. Obviously we all know nothing like that will happen but at the time it was a creature comfort of losing games would possibly mean the owners sold.

So now as a NAPM fan its hard to enjoy the success that TM and this season 'might bring' end of the day its fantastic we are looking like promotion fodder but we shouldnt be in this situation in the first place.  Its like being put  in the dumb class at school and getting A* in the exams. Its a hollow victory and this season will be deemed a hollow victory and until the chicken cluckers sell up anything Rovers win will feel like a hollow victory and that hurts, as a fan who cried at the Worthington cup who celebrated at the town hall in 95 who bitten all my nails at 4-3 V Utd ANYTHING Rovers win whilst we have these crooks in charge will feel hollow. NOTHING they can do will ever make up for what they have done over the last 7yrs, they could plough £300 million into the club and win the prem and id still have a nasty taste in my mouth but as i said Id go cheer them on at plessy with new owners who cared.

Your point of growth if things go well on the pitch, yeah a lot of fans probably will go back if we get promoted, just like those fans who turned up because Man Utd was in town and thats upto them but for me personally it will take a lot more than that to butter me up.

Just now, NinjaTattoo said:

The season after we narrowly got relegated I did an internet interview with a sports channel ( Ive forgot the name of it now but it was a webshow ) and I said that this season we WILL go down, they mocked me saying that Rovers were only 1/3 into the season and many games will be won n lost but at the time SK record was about 0.7 points a game over his 40+ games. As with many other fans it was like being in a slow moving train wreck BUT we all thought getting relegated would rid the clowns and we would take that. We would take relegation from Champ to LG1 we would take relegation from Lg1 to Lg2 if it meant getting rid. Obviously we all know nothing like that will happen but at the time it was a creature comfort of losing games would possibly mean the owners sold.

So now as a NAPM fan its hard to enjoy the success that TM and this season 'might bring' end of the day its fantastic we are looking like promotion fodder but we shouldnt be in this situation in the first place.  Its like being put  in the dumb class at school and getting A* in the exams. Its a hollow victory and this season will be deemed a hollow victory and until the chicken cluckers sell up anything Rovers win will feel like a hollow victory and that hurts, as a fan who cried at the Worthington cup who celebrated at the town hall in 95 who bitten all my nails at 4-3 V Utd ANYTHING Rovers win whilst we have these crooks in charge will feel hollow. NOTHING they can do will ever make up for what they have done over the last 7yrs, they could plough £300 million into the club and win the prem and id still have a nasty taste in my mouth but as i said Id go cheer them on at plessy with new owners who cared.

Your point of growth if things go well on the pitch, yeah a lot of fans probably will go back if we get promoted, just like those fans who turned up because Man Utd was in town and thats upto them but for me personally it will take a lot more than that to butter me up.

I agree with all of that but if we win on Saturday I'll have a big smile on my face all weekend. Lose and my weekend is ruined.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I agree with all of that but if we win on Saturday I'll have a big smile on my face all weekend. Lose and my weekend is ruined.

I guess my senses have been numbed down , my saturdays are usually 100mph till i get back home about 1pm, Ill have Skysports on in the background BBC website open on the rovers game whilst either on the PS4 or mulling round the house, I usually do a few football bets for interest too but the Rovers score is the only score Ill keep checking . Win and yeah Im happy lose and its FFS but gone are the days were the feeling would last for days on end.

What does sting is whenever I goto my clothes cupboard and see the centenary shirt hanging next to my retro shirt unworn for 7yrs. ( probs be too tight now lol)

Archived