SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] NAPM

Boaty

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Rover_Shaun said:

I wish that was all it was. Dogs abuse and threats for having the temerity to shout Kean/venkys out. Maybe time and events have taught them humility.

I've had copped a ban if I'd have been there...

I wonder how they're feeling now about the current situation?..:rolleyes:

7 minutes ago, Gav said:

I've had copped a ban if I'd have been there...

I wonder how they're feeling now about the current situation?..:rolleyes:

Completely ignorant to it would be my guess. They’ll still be calling returning fans. Probably something as non-ironic as ‘glory hunters’ cuz weev won 6 games innit.

Returning fans should be welcomed. Anything to get the atmosphere back to Ewood. My Christmas wish is for a bouncing Ewood without any mention of ‘that lot’ or ‘t’other lot’. A united fan base is a stretch too far at the moment.

9 hours ago, Vinjay17 said:

Don't know the circumstances behind the purchase (whether its someone from that part of the world who supports them for some reason) but its an absolutely bland name with no marketing value. 

No marketing value now. Different story if they are up against the likes of Manure, City,Chelsea etc. "The  plucky little Yorkshire mining town, devastated by Thatcher, refused to die, sustained by its faith in its football club etc etc. I can see the Hovis advert as I write! 

There's money in sentimentality!

13 hours ago, Proudtobeblue&white said:

We were short of offers and got the "wealthy idiots".....be careful what descends from the East.

Were we? Or did Anderson only have 1 owner in mind? (coincidentally the ones who were paying for him to find them a club!")

One commission or 2? Which would Anderson choose I wonder?:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, 47er said:

Were we? Or did Anderson only have 1 owner in mind? (coincidentally the ones who were paying for him to find them a club!")

One commission or 2? Which would Anderson choose I wonder?:rolleyes:

He took two commissions and Venky's weren't the first he lined up to buy us.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

No marketing value now. Different story if they are up against the likes of Manure, City,Chelsea etc. "The  plucky little Yorkshire mining town, devastated by Thatcher, refused to die, sustained by its faith in its football club etc etc. I can see the Hovis advert as I write! 

Also a fantastically well ran club which at the moment we fall short of. Delighted for them myself.

1 hour ago, 47er said:

There's no money in such a bland, boring name. Why do you think there's so little interest in Burnley despite their current position? Its not because the people there supposedly have deformities its because of that dreary name.

As for Thatcher I can't see why anyone who had to go down a mine wasn't bitter about life in the first place. Some people can't think a few steps ahead there were probably a few still moaning about the Chimney Sweepers Act. 

30 minutes ago, 47er said:

I saw " Question Time "  from Barnsley on TV a week or so back. There's some real throw backs over there. Like the old saying - " You can always tell a Yorkshireman, but you can't tell him much ". 

1 hour ago, blueboy3333 said:

We're all 'Venky Lovers' now. Get with the programme, man.

VENKYSCUM IN!

There's one or two on here who've been itching to get on that particular bandwagon for 7 years despite the goings on. It won't take much :o

Archived