BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston tickets

42 minutes ago, JHRover said:

Are we not thinking of The Sumners which was on the left on the way down the ground? Quite a big pub that was popular as an away pub for a while, not sure if it is still open?

The one I went too wasn’t specifically an away pub - mainly Preston fans. I was with a couple of Preston based rovers so it was on their suggestion. 

Good beers and food + a piano for after if we win. Altogether now, Bradley Dack Dack Dack DaDack DaDack...! 

Before this season?

Yes, usually around 10/15,000  empty seats.

Our last 3 league visits to Elland Road.

September 2016 - 19,006

October 2015 - 19,666

April 2015 - 25,493

You have a massive catchment area, fans across Yorkshire, so when things are going well the place is packed out, but plenty soon vanish when it’s a mid table season. 

Whereas we have a core of 10/12k that turn out year on year, but we just don’t have the floating support you have to substantially boost the crowd when it’s a good season.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, CP Company Lad said:

:blink: Leeds thin on the ground at Elland Road ? Really ?

Yes you have been plenty times all things considered.

Not a dig at you lads who post on here you've always had top notch support but some of the crap that gets spouted it's worth noting a few sub 20k gates not that long ago. Last time I went whole tiers were closed just like Ewood.

• Like 1

Seems the odd sub 20k crowd at Elland Road recently is against you lot ?

No question our support drops off when served up some of the dross we have over the last few mental chairman and constant sacking of managers. We have been a joke in all honesty. Definitely a different feeling about the place these days and hopefully a bit of stability moving forward. When Ken Bates was in charge I probably did more aways than homes. Like a lot I refused to give the corrupt old tosser any money. Cellino wasn't much better. Different manager every 12 weeks. Beaked off his nut most of the time. These last 14 years apart from 3 or 4 have been laughable for the most part. Dave Hockaday to be the icing on the cake. Had some shite walk through that door.

Just now, CP Company Lad said:

Seems the odd sub 20k crowd at Elland Road recently is against you lot ?

No question our support drops off when served up some of the dross we have over the last few mental chairman and constant sacking of managers. We have been a joke in all honesty. Definitely a different feeling about the place these days and hopefully a bit of stability moving forward. When Ken Bates was in charge I probably did more aways than homes. Like a lot I refused to give the corrupt old tosser any money. Cellino wasn't much better. Different manager every 12 weeks. Beaked off his nut most of the time. These last 14 years apart from 3 or 4 have been laughable for the most part. Dave Hockaday to be the icing on the cake. Had some shite walk through that door.

Yep perfectly valid and understandable and very similar to what's happened at Rovers under Venkys but you've been jerked about longer.  Like I said bot a dig but some crack on like it's always a full house over there but in reality you're susceptible to form, ownership issues, bored fans and prices like most other clubs.

Old man Bates certainly put a huge spanner in it with the price hikes although I understand he was trying to balance the books but if any club could get 30k per match at 20ish quid a head it would be Leeds. When there's such a vast catchment area and huge fan base why not tap into it instead of drive them away ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Probably because he knew a few good results and they’ll be up at that figure anyway.

Never any flies on owd Ken.

True they must be around 30k now but he went way over the top I think he could've filled it up when they were crap. Certainly got greedy with the away prices I think we paid on the day about 6 years ago and it was 34 or 36 quid then. No wonder we take a bus full there these days that was probably the last decent following we had at Elland road. Shame because it's one of the best away days.

Edited by tomphil
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, MCMC1875 said:

Friargate then Moor Lane, North Road and St Georges Road will take you past plenty of decent pubs.

Yes. There must be loads of new pubs in that area catering for the university students. Not Preston University. They didn't think PRESTON was a suitable name for a university. They called it CENTRAL LANCASHIRE??

5 hours ago, JHRover said:

Are we not thinking of The Sumners which was on the left on the way down the ground? Quite a big pub that was popular as an away pub for a while, not sure if it is still open?

The Sumners is like John Cleese's parrot; shuffled off this mortal coil, an ex-pub, an ex-building; it's f***ing snuffed it.

36 minutes ago, bazza said:

Yes. There must be loads of new pubs in that area catering for the university students.

From the train station you can do a pretty good pub crawl down Friargate …. and then it's a mile and a half walk to the ground. It's the way the police used to take the Dingles. They trashed Roper Hall once on the way back. 

6 hours ago, blueboy3333 said:

From the train station you can do a pretty good pub crawl down Friargate …. and then it's a mile and a half walk to the ground. It's the way the police used to take the Dingles. They trashed Roper Hall once on the way back. 

This.

The Angel on Lune Street is a good starter around 11 am. 

Some decent boozers on Friargate. Black Bull is a traditional ale house. The Britannia just round the corner sells proper scrumpy on draught at about 6.6% or did. Few more on the way down to the Adelphi. Couple more around the Uni. Ship and Giggles and Ferret. 4 or 5 on Plungington at the bottom end. Then I'd be jumping in an Uber. Sadly as mentioned all the pubs around Deepdale have gone apart from the Labour Club. The Garrison ,The Summers ,The Deepdale and The Skeffington have all long gone. 

Na we have a good swig as mentioned above then jump in a cab. You're lucky it's a proper kick off time. Rendezvous around 11 as you can easily slide 8-10 down the hatch after a full English. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, tomphil said:

City !! ?

Aye that's right. Think it was 2002. Too many decent size towns are now called Cities. Ridiculous imo. A City should have a population of at least 300,000 people or a proper cathedral. Preston is good sized town with decent shopping and boozers. I think the new shopping ctr in Blackburn is better since its been done up. Blackburn has a better market. Preston far better for boozers. Burnley offers nothing. Shit shopping shit boozers. Even lost its 24 hour AE department to Blackburn and has a BB postcode. Burnley to Blackburn is like Chorley to Preston. 

• Like 4