BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Summer Transfer Window 2019

Just now, Mattyblue said:

BB will play when he is good enough to get past DG, not because we spent money on him... and he’s currently not even close .

Ridiculous to say otherwise.

When did I? Yet again people love to put words in my mouth. 

I said, if given more game time, evidence suggests he could easily be a better player than DG. I said it was worth taking the risk and giving him game time, because within a season or two he could be banging them in. That's not just my opinion, it's the opinion of scouts, managers and the England youth set up...

Just now, jim mk2 said:

A big fee means nothing. We wasted countless millions over the years on the likes of Davies, Ward, Blake, Daly, Grabbi etc etc etc

I’m saying, he wouldn’t be here for £7m and have played at International level at a young age if people who know football didn’t think he was good enough.

Just now, JoeHarvey said:

Again I’ll explain.

We have a scouting team (who know more than me or you) and they obviously rate him. The England youth set up obviously rate him.

I’m saying, he wouldn’t be here for £7m and have played at International level at a young age if people who know football didn’t think he was good enough.

The same scouting team that decided that signing Whittingham would be a smart move ? Managers live or die by their signings and they make mistakes. That's why they get fired on a regular basis.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

The same scouting team that decided that signing Whittingham would be a smart move ? Managers live or die by their signings and they make mistakes. That's why they get fired on a regular basis.

But what makes you think that random fans on a forum know more than said scouts and managers. I'm forming an opinion based off the actions of people who know MUCH more about football than me.

Where's everyone forming the opinion that BB isn't good enough and was overpriced from? Because he hasn't started enough matches to be judged on his time here yet.

Saying that Danny Graham will never be a Top 6 striker again isn’t a wind up it’s the truth.

And saying that Ben Brereton COULD be is backed up by the fact we spent £7m on him.

I mean honestly, I could get behind the idea of clean oxygen and people would find a way to make it evil.

If you put a good team around Graham he will still score goals in this league don't you think the evidence is there after him constantly scoring in a poor then mid table team backs this up ?

Good goal poachers are worth their weight in gold and that's fact although we know he isn't as mobile as he was or getting any younger but at this moment in time he still offers far more than Brereton.

I agree he might come good though there's been very little evidence but yes he needs game time in his REAL position but he has a hell of a long way to go before he's Danny Graham a hell of a long way.  He's as raw a player as you'll see at the min still and personally i'd loan him out for a season to get those games and bring in someone more suited to what we need right now.

Experimenting when you've nothing to play for late season or when you're clearly going nowhere mid season is understandable but messing about with key areas when you want to get points on the board early doors and hopefully launch a top 6 charge isn't.

But what makes you think that random fans on a forum know more than said scouts and managers. I'm forming an opinion based off the actions of people who know MUCH more about football than me.

Where's everyone forming the opinion that BB isn't good enough and was overpriced from? Because he hasn't started enough matches to be judged on his time here yet.

I've seen enough of his all around ability to say he's not the answer. I'll stand by that opinion in the future.

The fee is immaterial and promising youths more often than not fail to mature into top players. At the moment Brereton looks like a £70k player not £7m

So are we, the management team that didn't give BB many minutes are obviously of the same belief that DG is currently the better option by some distance. Even when played he is shunted wide, a few times with Dack being put up front instead of him. 

You started it Joe by saying you wanted BB starting next season.

The lad ain’t ready. The price tag shouldn’t come into it. If he was out of our academy we would be saying he needed a season out on loan to learn the game and toughen up.

Just now, Tyrone Shoelaces said:

I've seen enough of his all around ability to say he's not the answer. I'll stand by that opinion in the future.

I look forward to him proving you wrong. He started a handful of matches, and if it wasn't for two bogus offside decisions, he'd have scored three goals in those handful of games.

Just now, jim mk2 said:

The fee is immaterial and promising youths more often than not fail to mature into top players. At the moment Brereton looks like a £70k player not £7m

The fee is a representation of what footballing people with much more knowledge than yourself think of him. Why the insistence on not trusting that?

You started it Joe by saying you wanted BB starting next season.

The lad ain’t ready. The price tag shouldn’t come into it. If he was out of our academy we would be saying he needed a season out on loan to learn the game and toughen up.

I think he is.

He proved he was when he finally got to start a home game up-top, he played brilliantly and scored a neat finish with his weaker foot. 

He needs game time, there's a reason he scored a bunch at Forest, and that's because they actually played him.

Just now, Beanie01289 said:

Why the hysteria over potentially signing Downing if he fits in the wage structure and the manager rates him. 

It was Fielding last week, Downing this week, someone elses turn to be not good enough next week, get with it..?

Just now, JacknOry said:

So are we, the management team that didn't give BB many minutes are obviously of the same belief that DG is currently the better option by some distance. Even when played he is shunted wide, a few times with Dack being put up front instead of him. 

I'm saying that DG is, right now, a better player than BB. But within a season that could be flipped around, but that's only ever going to happen if BB gets some game time. Strikers need a run of games to get going, and I think BB is being unfairly treated. TM hasn't put enough faith into him, and when he finally did, he got a goal.

The fee is a representation of what footballing people with much more knowledge than yourself think of him. Why the insistence on not trusting that?

The fee represents the maximum Forest could screw out of us.

Fans with 50 years plus of watching football know the game. 

• Like 3

I’m not saying DG isn’t a good player, my comment was that DG will never get us into the play-offs.

BB, could, and that’s all.

Way to turn a personal opinion about strikers at the club into something it’s not.

And as for your unnecessary comment about me - don’t judge people for things that other people have claimed they are. Dickhead.

Sick to death of people overdoing it now, I haven’t once self-prompted myself, I never post any articles or anything in here, and the only things I’ve ever put in here are the truth, most of which being just my personal opinion.

I don’t attack people (unlike the way you’ve attacked me today for no reason) and I have never claimed to be, and there’s no evidence to show that I am, a “tipster”

Your opinion is just that, it can be right or wrong and therefore open to comment.

I do not understand why you have used the word 'truth', no one is suggesting otherwise.

Fair enough Joe. I can’t agree and we will see in August that TM doesn’t agree with you either.

Probably. He should never have signed him if he was never willing to give him a chance though.

I'm saying that DG is, right now, a better player than BB. But within a season that could be flipped around, but that's only ever going to happen if BB gets some game time. Strikers need a run of games to get going, and I think BB is being unfairly treated. TM hasn't put enough faith into him, and when he finally did, he got a goal.

So this is all a bit hypocritical. You're telling us to believe the opinion of the management, team, england setup and our scouting team in initially buying him but you them seemingly do not trust TMs opinion that he is not ready to start yet - even going as far to say as he is being treated unfairly. So which is it? Are we to put our faith into all of them or just simply have our own opinions?

Just now, AllRoverAsia said:

Your opinion is just that, it can be right or wrong and therefore open to comment.

I do not understand why you have used the word 'truth', no one is suggesting otherwise.

You did suggest it, you quite clearly implied I'm some bogus tipster. That suggests I'm a liar.

Everyone can comment on things, but there's no need to make derogatory comments at me about an unrelated topic, for saying I think BB is a good player.

Just now, JacknOry said:

So this is all a bit hypocritical. You're telling us to believe the opinion of the management, team, england setup and our scouting team in initially buying him but you them seemingly do not trust TMs opinion that he is not ready to start yet - even going as far to say as he is being treated unfairly. So which is it? Are we to put our faith into all of them or just simply have our own opinions?

I'm saying that he was brought in because he could be good enough. We spent £7m on him because he COULD make it.

TM isn't giving him a chance to make that happen, which is frustrating, but that's a completely separate issue, he obviously thinks it's not time to let him develop yet. 
But the point about him having potential still stands.

The evidence of my own eyes. What is he good at ?  Is he quick like Bellamy  ? Is he a physical player like Dickov ? Is he good in the air like Gestede ? Is he a goal poacher like Garner ?  What does he bring to the table ? I can't see any of those assets and for £ 7 million I'd want to see at least one of those. We won't be the first club to spend big on a 19 year old and have wasted our dosh. Look back at under 19 teams from say 15 years ago and see how many made it big. Usually its about 2 out of the 11 that go on to the big time and half of them end up in non league. 

• Like 1

Jason Lowe played at various youth levels for England - indeed he captained the U20s...

But I can guarantee at 20 years old, nobody was sat around saying "he'll never be good enough", which many suggest about BB, because the weight of expectation at Rovers is insane.

I'm saying that he was brought in because he could be good enough. We spent £7m on him because he COULD make it.

TM isn't giving him a chance to make that happen, which is frustrating, but that's a completely separate issue, he obviously thinks it's not time to let him develop yet. 
But the point about him having potential still stands.

Well, in your own words, I think ill trust the opinion of a manager that surely knows more than some random forum poster about whether BB is good enough to replace DG at this current time.