BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

Time to brace ourselves for more chopping and changing. Expect a back 3 and then probably Bennett moving between 3 different positions within the first 30 minutes. If we start with our customary horrendous first half at home as we have in most home games this season we'll probably see a multitude of changes to try and overcome it.

It might be fun for those who like to guess the team/formation or observe with interest as we juggle different systems and players but I'm really quite tired of it. I'd just like to have some sort of consistency with regards to selection and positioning. A favoured formation and starting XI that can have a run of games together. I expect Reed to be back in after his sabbatical, probably Evans too.

I'm left with little alternative but to conclude that the manager still doesn't really know his best XI or formation. There really is no other logical explanation for the constant juggling and changes. The more frustrating part is that having spent £10 million in the summer we've ended up in a position where we've so few options defensively that we're now having to change systems to come up with something that resembles a defence now Lenihan is injured. I'm far from impressed about this, it appears to be either negligence or over confidence in the extreme to think that we could soldier through without sustaining any injuries, especially given the medical histories of Lenihan and Mulgrew.

• Like 3

Presumably spent the last couple of days frantically trying to find a way to enable more away supporters to get in. I noticed that they've blocked off the end block of the Riverside as 'segregation'. I'm fairly sure there are season ticket holders in that block so just another example of the club showing a complete lack of interest in its home support. No matter, I'm sure those affected will happily shuffle along to other seats.

35 minutes ago, BlackburnEnd75 said:

Interesting that Rich Sharpe seems to think that Williams return from suspension will see us shift to a back 3 at the weekend. Obviously Williams returning is always a bad thing but 3 at the back not sure how I feel about that. I think it would suit Mulgrew playing in the middle of a 3 would expose him to pace a lot less, give us an extra body to deal with crosses into the area, keeps Bell further up the pitch. On the other hand we've not been impressive last few times we've played that formation, and we don't have any decent wing backs. At least it something different-ish?

I'm really trying to be positive but I feel that this time next week after the two homes games against North West teams that Mowbeay could completely lose the fanbase.

Williams is better at centre back than left back. Not by much, but he is.

• Like 1

Just don't get it with Preston, I thought Blackpool where their big rivals? Same with Bolton, they supposedly don't like Man Utd and Wigan, and Wigan don't like Bolton, but yet all of them seem to consider playing us as a big rivalary game. Weird. Only the Burnley game is a rivalry for me. Even in league one, Oldham acted like it was their biggest game in years playing us.

Just now, Mattyblue said:

The 90s gave them all deep psychological scars, simple as that. 

Has to be, and then the league cup win must have sent them over the edge.

• Like 1

Some absolute whoppers on here. Calling it our cup final? We're far bigger than you could ever dream of being.  Over 7k for a noon kick off. That following from 6k last time and 7k the time before.  Your 5.5k at Deepdale is, I believe,  your only away sell out in 5 years!! Who's cup final? Yet when you went down you took 1800.We've never been in the prem. You won it in 95. Yet we still have much better support.  As for us only taking 1800 ? Completely filled Bolton.  You lot had either the top or bottom tier (Can't remember which buy defo only 1 tier ). You're an embarrassment of a club.  Absolute plastics

Just now, Proud Preston said:

Some absolute whoppers on here. Calling it our cup final? We're far bigger than you could ever dream of being.  Over 7k for a noon kick off. That following from 6k last time and 7k the time before.  Your 5.5k at Deepdale is, I believe,  your only away sell out in 5 years!! Who's cup final? Yet when you went down you took 1800.We've never been in the prem. You won it in 95. Yet we still have much better support.  As for us only taking 1800 ? Completely filled Bolton.  You lot had either the top or bottom tier (Can't remember which buy defo only 1 tier ). You're an embarrassment of a club.  Absolute plastics

Hahahahahaha.....

Another one born in about 2005 !    You're right about the whoppers..there's two of you !

It’s TwattyBlue if you don’t mind.

‘Please tell us how great our away following is’

If that’s not an inferiority complex I don’t know what is.

But please tell me more about on what parameters you are basing this ‘much bigger club’ (apart from taking a large following 10 miles)

Just now, Proud Preston said:

Any of you got the grace to concede over 7k for a 12noon kick off is absolutely phenomenal? 

It would be if you managed that every week but fact is there's probably little over that in your home sections every week taking into account ST holders who don't always pitch up to all games.  A lot of us have pals who are knobbers so we know the score, this is Wembley of the North to you lot the big family day out, teams bringing 7k to Ewood isn't unusual it's what they leave or don't leave with that counts they don't hand out points for one off away followings.

I look forward to the day when your having a bad season, it's on tv and you bring about 1200 like Bolton, not long ago you had about 800 at Burnley for a Sat tea time kick off ?

• Like 1

Of course the sign of a 'big' club accustomed to getting big away followings is for giddy fans to take the time to visit other fans forums, create accounts and type messages about how many fans they are taking to a one off game.

Of course all this only facilitated by good old Rovers who are the only club in the Football League daft enough to hand over nearly 8000 away tickets and effectively set clubs the challenge of selling them all.

• Like 1

They are worse than Dingles these days.

That lot are in the top flight now and comfortable in their skin, so don’t need to give it the big ‘un as the facts speak for themselves. I.e. they get their 18,000 and that’s that. The days of ‘if we were int Prem we’d have to double size of t’Turf’ and all that nonsense has disappeared.

This lot however have such an inferiority complex due to having achieved the square root of fuck all in most of their fans’ lifetimes, that they have to cling to their away support at local derbies for some sort of validation.

It’s sad really.

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 6

28 minutes ago, Proud Preston said:

Shall I expect a ban for putting you in your place?

I like this guy, very proud.

We sold out in 19 of our 23 away games last season. Bolton away was also live on Sky Sports and charging £30-£40 a ticket and your away stand doesn't hold 7,000.

I base an away crowd on their noise and support, not by how many rock up. So that's up to PNE. 

Also, we dont care about Preston. Enjoy the game. If you win I hope you better us again and vice versa.