BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Preston at Home

2 hours ago, Sparks Rover said:

Another sad day for traditional football clubs . The EFL/Premier League need locking up for their lack of governance.

my son played at Bolton when the club opened the academy , a shame really.

I used to look after Bolton full back Tommy Banks's garden. A club legend. Football is starting to implode. Sad times 

Getting very near to being a must win as far as Mowbray keeping his job is concerned.

Critical that we change something at the back. Hopefully Lenihan is back and fully fit. If not Id advocate playing a nutty formation we tried earlier in the season, simply to have some pace at the back. I'd drop Mulgrew as he is culpable for so many goals ATM.

-----------------------Raya

-----Naymbe----Rodwell-----Bell

Reed--------Travis------Evans------Bennett

-------------------------Dack

--------------Graham---Armstrong

Mad that I could be advocating a back 3 without a single CB in it, but that's the horrendous position we find ourselves.

3 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Getting very near to being a must win as far as Mowbray keeping his job is concerned.

Critical that we change something at the back. Hopefully Lenihan is back and fully fit. If not Id advocate playing a nutty formation we tried earlier in the season, simply to have some pace at the back. I'd drop Mulgrew as he is culpable for so many goals ATM.

Mad that I could be advocating a back 3 without a single CB in it, but that's the horrendous position we find ourselves.

Personally I think, that team would be better, with the four you have got in midfield, swapping with the three, you have got at the back .

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, joey_big_nose said:

Bell hasn't been much better and I certainly wouldn't trust him centre back. Bennett is bad enough right back, never mind left back. 

I would also add Smallwood for some added bite, but him and Evans are much for muchness

------------               Raya

-----Naymbe----Rodwell-----Mulgrew

Reed--------Travis------Smallwood------Bell

Because for our entire history up until Jack Walker we only had three thousand fans apparently, then we got 20k but most of them came from Preston - hence the term 'plastics'

Yet the 10/12k that were actually mostly there before and after through not very good times are still called 'plastics' whereas these fans at Preston or Burnley are called 'loyal' and 'hardcore' and probably 'superfans, best in the country' - ?

Preston logic, not easy to fathom.

Wouldn't it just be grand to give these lot a proper doing for once, I still have memories of that cup game under Roy Hodgson.

Edited by tomphil

• Moderation Lead

We've got more fans than them, despite having a smaller population and not being a city. 

Proper weird bunch, that lot. They're probably more obsessed with us than Burnley!

Edited by K-Hod

They forget that when they were thrashing around the 4th division in the 80s (a league we’ve never even been in), we had spent the majority of that decade on the verge of the top flight.

Doesnt quite fit their narrative of some tiny tinpot outfit rescued by big money.

Edited by Mattyblue

We're we 11 points ahead of Preston at one stage this season? Perhaps it was around the time they proceeded to thrash us. 

No time for Preston,  scarred by 2 incidents when a teenager visiting Blackburn on holiday to follow Rovers. One a mugging late at night on Preston New Rd when walking to my Grans from the Station. 

They get full houses for pre season friendlies against Liverpool and Everton yet every time I've been there pre season going back to the Lancs cup time -pre Jack -  to under Hughes etc there's been more of us than them !

Absolute plonkers they are their crowd delusion is worse than Burnley and i'm sure if they went up they'd get full houses in their tin pot tiny stadium  yet come back down for a season or two they'd be on the same gates as us again. 

10 minutes ago, Mattyblue said:

Totally lost it by the looks of their forum.

We are now the ‘club that ruined football’. :D

The 90s really did give our neighbouring clubs fans a collective nervous breakdown.

The reason you never see any Preston shirts anywhere even in Preston is all down to the fitting problems it's a shame for them really you can't put a shirt snuggly over your shoulders when there is a Blackburn Rovers sized chip sitting there since birth ?

9 hours ago, joey_big_nose said:

I take it you missed the Newcastle game at Ewood ? The three at the back was a disaster and that was with Lenihan playing in the middle instead of Rodwell. Bennett started that game out wide left and either you or me could have done better.

• Like 2

Please not 3 at the back, please not Bell in any formation.  We are really struggling without Lenihan and I can’t suggest any way of getting past that other just hoping that Preston miss the chances we will gift them.  Just shows you that proper defenders may be going out of fashion but outside the higher levels of the game they are the key to everything.

• Like 2

Hoping for some bounce-back-ability from Rovers this weekend as we have some unsettled business to take care of. I'm still recovering from the first match back in November, and I hope the Rovers lads are too. They need to man up and respond not just to the initial result, but to recent matches. We have looked lackluster and uninterested. Earlier I spoke with North End nobber Jordan Davidson and we chatted about North End's season, and what to expect in the final few weeks.

First time going into a game expecting a thrashing because our defence is so bad, everyone's gonna get sucked in defending, Dack's gonna come deep to even have a touch of the ball, Graham will be probably be isolated up front. Tony will spend the next few days worrying about PNE instead of focusing on ourselves.

Hard to be positive but prove us wrong, Rovers!

• Like 2