BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Aniket Jadhav

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/may/aniket-will-benefit-from-football-building-blocks/

Let’s face it, we are all expecting at some point. It remains to be seen if this becomes anything more than a stunt, or if “Madame” has said if you want to go into the foreign market, start with India.

These comments suggest where the Rao’s heads are at:

Mowbray also praised the club’s Owners, who facilitated the training spell, for trying to help develop young Indian talent and progress the game in South Asia.

“It’s such a huge continent with such a huge population, I think the potential is huge,” added the Rovers boss.

“The Owners obviously have a vested interest in football. It’s not a process that’s going to happen overnight, but at some stage you have to try and begin the process.

“I think that’s what’s happening. The bigger Premier League football becomes worldwide, the bigger the Asian nations will impact world football, and I’m sure there will be generations to come of hopefully Indian and Asian players playing in the Premier League.”

I don't mind stuff like this on a publicity stunt level or as a way to increase international support and awareness (reading between the lines its quite clear Mowbray doesn't think the lad is anywhere near good enough for our level), just as long as it doesn't turn into a way for dodgy agents and representatives to enrich themselves of the club.   

14 minutes ago, old darwen blue said:

May be wrong but I thought this was announced some time ago?

He came on some kind of trial period. He is now training with the first team.

• Backroom
5 hours ago, Stuart said:

https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2019/may/aniket-will-benefit-from-football-building-blocks/

Let’s face it, we are all expecting at some point. It remains to be seen if this becomes anything more than a stunt, or if “Madame” has said if you want to go into the foreign market, start with India.

These comments suggest where the Rao’s heads are at:

Mowbray also praised the club’s Owners, who facilitated the training spell, for trying to help develop young Indian talent and progress the game in South Asia.

“It’s such a huge continent with such a huge population, I think the potential is huge,” added the Rovers boss.

“The Owners obviously have a vested interest in football. It’s not a process that’s going to happen overnight, but at some stage you have to try and begin the process.

“I think that’s what’s happening. The bigger Premier League football becomes worldwide, the bigger the Asian nations will impact world football, and I’m sure there will be generations to come of hopefully Indian and Asian players playing in the Premier League.”

Steve Kean was saying the exact same things when we went to play Pune FC all those years ago. Anybody with any common sense knows that India is not some untapped market teeming with budding megastars. 

• Like 1

Just now, DE. said:

Steve Kean was saying the exact same things when we went to play Pune FC all those years ago. Anybody with any common sense knows that India is not some untapped market teeming with budding megastars. 

To be fair, you only need one.

But I’m inclined to agree.

Just now, philipl said:

Astonishing no Indian national has yet been registered in the English Football League. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_foreign_EFL_Championship_players

There has. This bloke was signed by Warnock at Bury where he played 37 games. I actually refereed him when he played for East Bengal in a pre season tournament at Leicester.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bhaichung_Bhutia

• Like 3

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

A long life fan got a death threat related to the signings you refer to and 2 other fans have received death threats under Venkys watch.

Never forget.

Were the threats reported to the police? If so what happened? 

Edited by blueboy3333

4 hours ago, Stuart said:

He came on some kind of trial period. He is now training with the first team.

he trained with the first team for a session? not hes training with them full time.. thats how i read it, and with how mowbray speaks in it, it sounds like the young lad wont be here much longer

Just now, AdamRochina said:

he trained with the first team for a session? not hes training with them full time.. thats how i read it, and with how mowbray speaks in it, it sounds like the young lad wont be here much longer

We shall see.

Rovers thought it newsworthy enough - presumably for the benefit of the Raos.

Just now, Stuart said:

We shall see.

Rovers thought it newsworthy enough - presumably for the benefit of the Raos.

thats how ive seen it, publicity stunt, but the way mowbray spoke its like he was hoping his experience here stands him in good stead for his  future,  away from rovers kinda thing

Just now, AdamRochina said:

thats how ive seen it, publicity stunt, but the way mowbray spoke its like he was hoping his experience here stands him in good stead for his  future,  away from rovers kinda thing

Nice of him.

He should get himself a deal to advertise Werther’s Originals.

• Backroom

I thought it was just a follow up article as in he’s gone home but as a last experience they let him have a session with the first team.

Just now, MCMC1875 said:

My god. Are oblivious as to whats gone on in previous 9 years?

Some of the stuff can't be discussed on here for obvious reasons. If you had been to protests, you would know.

You just said on the forum that people had received death threats. I asked if it was reported to the police and bizarrely you replied saying some things aren't for a forum. It's all sounds like a load of shite. 

• Like 1