I’d start Bellingham against Croatia. He is a young lad and looks fantastic. Why risk Henderson being injured? Rice and Bellingham and let’s allow Henderson 20-30 minutes in the group games to keep them two fresh. 

We have options so rushing back a player as important as him is silly imo. He’ll be more useful in the tougher games later on in the tournament. 

As for supporting England I am just looking forward to have the chance to shout about something. 2021 has been a crap time to be a football fan if you support Rovers. I was genuinely not bothered about the last few games we played. England gives you that bit of excitement. And the chance to give it to the Scots when we put 5 past them makes it even better. 

Edited by Dreams of 1995
  • Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just play less internationals full stop, then you don’t have to make up a convoluted competition to replace friendlies. All you need is Qualifiers, a few warm up games before a tournament and the tour

Originally had four right backs in the squad, so the final game before the tournament... GS plays a centre half there. 😐 He been meeting up with TM for tactical masterclasses or what?

Elgar's Land of Hope and Glory is far superior to the dirgy GSTQ, more upbeat and a better celebration of "Englishness".  Elgar was a football fan too - a Wolves supporter - which makes it perfec

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I’d start Bellingham against Croatia. He is a young lad and looks fantastic. Why risk Henderson being injured? Rice and Bellingham and let’s allow Henderson 20-30 minutes in the group games to keep them two fresh. 

We have options so rushing back a player as important as him is silly imo. He’ll be more useful in the tougher games later on in the tournament. 

As for supporting England I am just looking forward to have the chance to shout about something. 2021 has been a crap time to be a football fan if you support Rovers. I was genuinely not bothered about the last few games we played. England gives you that bit of excitement. And the chance to give it to the Scots when we put 5 past them makes it even better. 

I would love it..........

32 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only going to get fit by playing games 

In a league campaign, of course, that’s exactly how you get match fitness.

But you don’t have that luxury to carry players in a Euros/WC whilst they get up to speed, bad start, you’re out the tournament in just over a week.. Or as soon as you get a top side in the knockouts.

1 hour ago, chaddyrovers said:

Only going to get fit by playing games 

So we try and carry Henderson through 3 tough qualifying games and risk not even going through? Glad you're not in charge. 

Bellingham has been a regular for a very good dortmund side, he's good enough to play there

Just now, Kie_BRFC said:

So we try and carry Henderson through 3 tough qualifying games and risk not even going through? Glad you're not in charge. 

Bellingham has been a regular for a very good dortmund side, he's good enough to play there

Back to insults again. 

I have said I would play Henderson with Rice for the Croatia game then not start for Scotland game and play Mount in centre midfield with Rice. 

Team for Croatia game 

Pickford; James Stones Maguire Shaw; Henderson Rice;.Foden Mount Rashford; Kane

Team for Scotland game

Pickford; James Stones Maguire Shaw; Mount Rice; Rashford Foden Grealish/Sterling; Kane 

1 hour ago, Dreams of 1995 said:

I agree about Bellingham or a similar more mobile midfielder playing there.  Henderson and Rice together would be the kiss of death to me. Both get a nose bleed when they get into the last third.

I can't see Henderson or Maguire playing anything but a bit part role.

You can only be truly fit with 6 or 7 full games under your belt.

Maguire might have more of a chance as the alternatives are not great. But still can't see it, he just hasn't played enough.

42 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

Back to insults again. 

I have said I would play Henderson with Rice for the Croatia game then not start for Scotland game and play Mount in centre midfield with Rice. 

Team for Croatia game 

Pickford; James Stones Maguire Shaw; Henderson Rice;.Foden Mount Rashford; Kane

Team for Scotland game

Pickford; James Stones Maguire Shaw; Mount Rice; Rashford Foden Grealish/Sterling; Kane 

😂😂 Don't be so precious mate

On 09/06/2021 at 11:31, oldjamfan1 said:

Living in Scotland, I'm the opposite Mattyblue, thanks to the 'Anyone But England' attitude of the jocks. I hope we absolutely crush them next Friday, it won't matter to me what else we do in the tournament after that.

The Scots attitude since they qualified really pissed me off. They're wales mark 2. Not so long ago the Scots were saying how bad their national team was. Now all u hear is we can aim for quarter finals.  Had arguments with them explaining England are light years better but they have the arrogance that they claim we have.  U qualify for one tournament like a wales and all of a sudden u are world beaters

10 minutes ago, roverandout said:

The Scots attitude since they qualified really pissed me off. They're wales mark 2. Not so long ago the Scots were saying how bad their national team was. Now all u hear is we can aim for quarter finals.  Had arguments with them explaining England are light years better but they have the arrogance that they claim we have.  U qualify for one tournament like a wales and all of a sudden u are world beaters

I've been taking a lot of shit off them mate and I've pretty much kept my gob shut (unlike me!) apart from wearing my England shirt in every work zoom meeting since the draw was made. If we get an early goal we could embarrass them, but these 'auld enemy' games very rarely work out like that sadly.

Is it really bad that Scotland fans are getting exciting considering how few and far between an appearance at a major tournament is for them? I would be the same I am sure. We can take for granted qualification, albeit more often than not we are on our way home early.

This would be a stupid tactical decision by Southgate if there is any truth:

https://talksport.com/football/892753/gareth-southgate-full-backs-england-euro-2020-croatia-man-utd-luke-shaw-centre-back/

4 full backs, Shaw at CB where he has never played, and totally changing the formation to try and protect one player. Why have 3 other centre backs in the squad?

1 hour ago, oldjamfan1 said:

I've been taking a lot of shit off them mate and I've pretty much kept my gob shut (unlike me!) apart from wearing my England shirt in every work zoom meeting since the draw was made. If we get an early goal we could embarrass them, but these 'auld enemy' games very rarely work out like that sadly.

It’ll be like a FA Cup game. The team that wants it the most will succeed. Who saw that Wales could beat Belgium last time ?

40 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Is it really bad that Scotland fans are getting exciting considering how few and far between an appearance at a major tournament is for them? I would be the same I am sure. We can take for granted qualification, albeit more often than not we are on our way home early.

This would be a stupid tactical decision by Southgate if there is any truth:

https://talksport.com/football/892753/gareth-southgate-full-backs-england-euro-2020-croatia-man-utd-luke-shaw-centre-back/

4 full backs, Shaw at CB where he has never played, and totally changing the formation to try and protect one player. Why have 3 other centre backs in the squad?

Surley not? One full back in the back 3 yes but two? No thanks! 

7 minutes ago, RoverDom said:

Surley not? One full back in the back 3 yes but two? No thanks! 

Absolutely crackers. But I can see Southgate doing it. There is a sort of "so crazy it might actually work" about it.

55 minutes ago, oldjamfan1 said:

Unbelievable that he should admit to not having seen a foul. As @arbitrowill no doubt confirm, rule number 1 for a referee is "never guess".

That's right Andy. I did once by trying to join the dots and dropped huge clod. Grimsby were on a quick counter attack and I saw a Grimsby player pushed to the ground. A second or two later I had a chance to look proper and Gus Uhlenbeek was the nearest Sheffield United player to the incident so my assumption was it must have been him although there weren't too many complaints at the time when I yellow carded him. Of course Sods Law dictated that Uhlenbeek would get a legitimate caution a few minutes later and off he went. I saw the video back the day after and sure enough it was Bobby Ford who committed the first foul. I really expected to be in the news but heard nothing particularly as my least favourite manager was in charge at Sheffield United. I saw Warnock some months later and asked why he didn't appeal. He said he wasn't bothered as he was bombing Uhlenbeek anyway.