BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

I saw a stat about England that there’s only 5 countries that have beaten England more times than England have beaten them. Obvious ones of Germany, Italy and Brazil. Then a random one in Uruguay and very bizarrely also Romania (bloody Neville). Can at least put that right this evening and put it back to 4 countries. 

Originally had four right backs in the squad, so the final game before the tournament... GS plays a centre half there. 😐

He been meeting up with TM for tactical masterclasses or what?

Edited by Mattyblue
  • Like 7

Cant get my head around why the two warm up games before a tournament, were playing half a team that aren't in the tournament squad. 

3 rightbacks in the squad but a CB who isn't in the competitive squad plays there. 

Madness...

25 minutes ago, jim mk2 said:

If Mings is an international footballer then Tony Mowbray is am international manager.  Southgate is worse than Graham Taylor in giving caps to players who do not deserve them 

I swear the only reason Mings is in the team is because he is left footed, it seems to be one of football's latest fads to have a left footed centre half.

• Like 1

I still don't understand what Southgate is trying to do. Again we are playing 4 at the back which totally goes against his selection of 4 right sides defenders. 

We've already seen Sancho drift more centrally. Which is when he's played his best stuff but then the team look unbalanced as we lose any width. Grealish has drifted to the left a lot where Rashford is. Kalvin Phillip's very slow in possession. 

I still have no idea what Southgates plan is. I'm not sure he does either 

4 minutes ago, Hoochie Bloochie Mama said:

I love watching Grealish, I think he's a terrific player, but the rest of that team are very dull. 

Death by a thousand sideways passes. 

iv`e seen hundreds of sideways passes in the last season,not sure i can watch our national side play the same way😰

3 minutes ago, Ewood Ace said:

The biggest threat to England going very deep into the tournament is undoubtedly the manager, we have a team with undoubted attacking flair and talent but a cautious manager who is afraid to let them go out and play their natural game.

agreed,chances are we`re going to lose to a live opponent later in the tournament, go there,enjoy yourself and just play a natural attacking game