BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

v Birmingham City (a) - 7/5/22

38 minutes ago, chaddyrovers said:

I watched the game back last night on Rovers TV

Blimey it was his first game in the championship. Give him some leeway, I'm sure Lenihan and Nyambe first game at this level weren't perfect and I'm sure people weren't convince about Pickering after the first game against Swansea at Ewood Park. 

So you hadnt at the time of arguing so profusely that he should be 2nd choice RB?

Every time he plays he wont have that caveat of "hes new to the Championship." Hes a total unknown aside from one game in which I was there at and thought he struggled in. Even if the decision was made that he is good enough to cover a first choice which would be IMO premature, will it be good for his development to play a few games and spent most of his season sat on the sideline when hes now 23/24 and all of his prior football has come in the Irish league?

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

So you hadnt at the time of arguing so profusely that he should be 2nd choice RB?

Yes seen enough of the game tbh on Saturday but my link I had wasn't working great in the second half tbh. So why I watched the game back last night. 

7 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Every time he plays he wont have that caveat of "hes new to the Championship." Hes a total unknown aside from one game in which I was there at and thought he struggled in. Even if the decision was made that he is good enough to cover a first choice which would be IMO premature, will it be good for his development to play a few games and spent most of his season sat on the sideline when hes now 23/24 and all of his prior football has come in the Irish league?

Like I said last night we have to agree to disagree on whether he should be part of the squad next season. 

47 minutes ago, roversfan99 said:

Not many people make it in higher level pro football starting out at that age. There are exceptions though.

Edited by Tyrone Shoelaces
  • Like 1

Thought Brown had a decent first half, then a shaky second.

Far too early to tell if he will make it at this level, my gut tells me that he will be here and make the odd appearance until January before he goes on loan to a league or two below, then probably spend his career there.